Pirates Rehab Confirmed!!!!!!!

matthope03

Original Poster
Actually if you would like to get technical it is "confirmed" as far as intercot is concerned. Disney may not have it down on their list of confirmed things, but intercot has it as confirmed. So it is confirmed but just by the wrong group. I am sort of regreting even starting this thread based on an actual site's information. I believe this forum is "News and Rumors" and yet it seems like half the people on here think that the only news comes from Steve (no offense to him because I love this site). Everyone always bashes when someone posts a rumor that comes from Jim Hill Media, or CM's, yet no one actually works for disney high enough up to actually KNOW anything for sure. That is the whole idea of RUMORS, granted some of them are far fetched, but that is what makes this forum what it is. Anyways, I am just really disappointed with how some people decide to react to certain threads. I know this site really makes some peoples days and that it is based on something that is truely enjoyable to members of this site, yet some people find it there duty to bash other peoples ideas, whether they be ideas directly from this site or from another source.

SirGoofy

Stupid rehab. I'm gonna be there in June and I wanted to take some of my friends who have never been there before on all the classics. Oh well, I'm sure it will be better when it reopnes.

maxime29

Premium Member
There was a thread already started about the Pirates rehab posted here:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=68196

Mouseplanet reported the tentative timeframe of the rehab at least a month ago. Keep in mind that nothing is officially set in stone, but the period between May - September seems reasonable since they keep it open for the Spring Break crowds and re-open it just in time for the Thanksgiving/Christmas holiday periods.

e4ymod

matthope03 said:
Actually if you would like to get technical it is "confirmed" as far as intercot is concerned. Disney may not have it down on their list of confirmed things, but intercot has it as confirmed. So it is confirmed but just by the wrong group. I am sort of regreting even starting this thread based on an actual site's information. I believe this forum is "News and Rumors" and yet it seems like half the people on here think that the only news comes from Steve (no offense to him because I love this site). Everyone always bashes when someone posts a rumor that comes from Jim Hill Media, or CM's, yet no one actually works for disney high enough up to actually KNOW anything for sure. That is the whole idea of RUMORS, granted some of them are far fetched, but that is what makes this forum what it is. Anyways, I am just really disappointed with how some people decide to react to certain threads. I know this site really makes some peoples days and that it is based on something that is truely enjoyable to members of this site, yet some people find it there duty to bash other peoples ideas, whether they be ideas directly from this site or from another source.
I am not trying to "bash" in any way. I am just voicing my opinions on the subject (which I believe is the purpose of forums in the first place). If you look around the internet, you will notice that other sites have "confirmed" a Pirates rehab as well. But some are saying May - Jul, some May - Sep, some Mar - Jun, and right now, honestly, I have no idea what to believe. My OPINION (which no one here has to agree with) is that this site is a more reliable source of information and I will wait on this site to report on the subject.

Slowjack

e4ymod said:
What you are saying doesn't make sense to me. Your statement makes it sound like ALL unnoficial sites have the same ammount of credibility. I happen to think that this site is a bit more reliable than others. And again, I'm not doubting intercot. I see them as a much better source of information than say... Jim Hill Media. But I still prefer to get my news from WDWMAGIC.

I agree with Montu here. It doesn't make sense to say, "Not doubting...the credibility of Intercot" but then say you're not believing the story that Intercot posted. Clearly you ARE doubting the credibility of Intercot. If, when someone says something, you aren't sure if they are correct, then you are doubting them. That's what doubt is! I realize you're just trying to be nice to Intercot, but it would be clearer if you'd just said that Intercot was right more often than wrong but you didn't consider them reliable.

But really I just wanted to say that unless I am missing something, WDWMAGIC's hit ratio for predictions isn't any higher than any other Disney site I go to. Maybe you meant to include only certain posters in that equation?

e4ymod

Slowjack said:
I agree with Montu here. It doesn't make sense to say, "Not doubting...the credibility of Intercot" but then say you're not believing the story that Intercot posted. Clearly you ARE doubting the credibility of Intercot. If, when someone says something, you aren't sure if they are correct, then you are doubting them. That's what doubt is! I realize you're just trying to be nice to Intercot, but it would be clearer if you'd just said that Intercot was right more often than wrong but you didn't consider them reliable.

But really I just wanted to say that unless I am missing something, WDWMAGIC's hit ratio for predictions isn't any higher than any other Disney site I go to. Maybe you meant to include only certain posters in that equation?
I never said that I don't believe the story, the Pirates rehab IS happening. I'm just not convinced that those are the dates it is happening on YET and would prefer to get confirmation from this site. I have gotten good information from Intercot before and I agree with you that they are more often right than wrong. But the fact still remains that dates have been thrown around a lot lately by different sites. Now notice that Steve hasn't posted any dates yet. This is what I was refering to when I said that this site is more reliable. Information is not normally posted on here without strong proof. I also want to clear up that I am not talking about what is posted on the forums by members. I am refering to the news posted by Steve on the main page.

matthope03

Original Poster
e4ymod my last post was not directed at you. If you go back through this thread I believe you can figure out which post is the one that disappointed men. However, I have to agree with everyone else that your comment really contradicts itself. All unofficial sites are just that unofficial, this site is no more official than intercot, allearsnet, mouseplanet, etc. Steve does a great job but frankly they are all about the same as far as creditability towards rumors. I believe most people would agree that that credibility is higher than Jim Hill Media, CM rumors, etc. You are right that you are entitled to your own opinion, but try not to make your opinion sound stupid if you don't want to hear back about it. If you TRULY want official information watch disneyworld.com and don't worry about rumors and confirmations on unofficial websites.

mitchk

Well, if this is true (I think Intercot is a pretty reliable source) I'll be really upset. PotC is one of my favorite attractions in MK. If they do add the new Jack Sparrow AA's, I hope they do it in a very Disney fashion.

disneydata

This rehab has not been confirmed by Disney yet, period. It doesn't matter what any other site says until it is announced internally.

Budahman

Yea, it's a total bummer knowing a big time attraction will be closed while you are there. I'll miss Buzz and Test Track when I come in Feb. Argh.!!

This was the last thing I wanted to hear! I'm going in March & that's one of my favorite rides! Especially the first scenes, in the caves. The wind, noises, smell, & ambience are amazing! If I can't see that its going to be a let down. What next?! Haunted Mansion closing too? :mad:

Oh well, it has to be done sometime. Kinda surprised it's over Spring Break/early summer. I think it'd make more sense to do it in August, September when it's less busy.

-Bryant

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
RedFoxRunner said:
I think it'd make more sense to do it in August, September when it's less busy.

-Bryant
nope, because that is when im going. lol

hey, ive missed UoE the last 2 visits...... and that nap is really needed with all that walking in Epcot.

Jorma

I'm going in June with some people who have never been before. If this is true, it's going to be a bummer. :(

I guess it has to be done sometime...

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Aprilnjosh said:
Being a cast member I know that this attraction will be closed from March 1st Until July 1st. As, I work the attraction.
you gonna be there in sept? ill wave at you... ill look for a name tag that says aprilnjosh:p

disneydata

Aprilnjosh said:
Being a cast member I know that this attraction will be closed from March 1st Until July 1st. As, I work the attraction.
Sorry, this hasn't been announced officially to the cast. I don't know who you got that information from, but it's not true ... yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom