Pirates Rehab Confirmed!!!!!!!

Tom

Beta Return
disneydata said:
As it stands now, all the boats are on one ride path in the loading area. If you look off to the left of the boats, there is a real stationary boat and the dock extending into the ride. The second loading area used to be in a second ride path where that stationary boat is moved over to the side more. The dock you see in the ride on the left was the separator between the two. As the boats approached the loading area, a switch backstage alternated boats between the two paths. As the boats were dispatched, they would follow that dock a little in the ride where another switch would combine the two again.

No, it probably won't be coming back again since both the switchgates have been removed and there's lots of ride mechanics under the other original channel.

I heard, from a Tour Guide I believe (a BIT better than coming from a Bus Driver, but..yeah), that they shut down the lefthand load path because someone was injured seriously by the swtich that merges the boats back into one ride path. I have no idea if this is true or not - perhaps someone can confirm or deny.

Also, I don't think the absence of the 2nd load really hurt the ride capacity at all. The last several times I've been on POTC, I've noticed that they really move boats through the ride. The back-up before Unload is usually pretty hefty, and the dispatch intervals are pretty short - thus, the boats are always very close together. I think they've improved on dispatch enough to make the 2nd load platform unnecessary.

disneydata

edwardtc said:
I heard, from a Tour Guide I believe (a BIT better than coming from a Bus Driver, but..yeah), that they shut down the lefthand load path because someone was injured seriously by the swtich that merges the boats back into one ride path. I have no idea if this is true or not - perhaps someone can confirm or deny.

Also, I don't think the absence of the 2nd load really hurt the ride capacity at all. The last several times I've been on POTC, I've noticed that they really move boats through the ride. The back-up before Unload is usually pretty hefty, and the dispatch intervals are pretty short - thus, the boats are always very close together. I think they've improved on dispatch enough to make the 2nd load platform unnecessary.
That's entirely possible. I can ask the pirate expert next time I see him. I've seen them (and operated them) and they are very dangerous. That's the reason why any areas with a switchgate are off limits when in the water. According to the manual, they can operate at any time for any reason, with or without power to the ride. They move so fast and are so large they could pull you under the water, drag you about 20 feet, and probably break your leg. Makes you a little nervous about getting in the water near them, huh?

Backups before unload are for a few reasons, none of which are if there are one or two loads open. It's all rependent on how fast load, unload, and tower are sending their boats that will cause a backup that substantial. Trust me- the second load is very beneficial to the hourly capacity.

disneydata

Ghostbuster626 said:
Does anyone know the full extent of the rehab though? I hope its at least alittle more substantial then simply installing a jack sparrow AA.
Most of the rehab is behind the scenes and building work as the 33 year old building and ride system are definitely in need of it.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
disneydata said:
Most of the rehab is behind the scenes and building work as the 33 year old building and ride system are definitely in need of it.

I`d think so - given it was designed, built and opened in 22 months.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom