Pirates Rehab Confirmed!!!!!!!

matthope03

Original Poster
I was just checking out intercot to see what was new over there and they are confirming a rehab for pirates. It is listed as "new" so I am guessing this has just gone up VERY recently.

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/refurb.asp

Anyone else have anymore information? I am guessing this is VERY new information if it is true. However, the time frame they are claiming at intercot would correspond nicely with the movie coming out this summer.

I did check disney's official site and it is not listed on there, but if it is hot off the presses news then disney will not have it on their site for a day or two since their site is not kept up minute by minute.

e4ymod

Not doubting your credibility or the credibility of Intercot, but I'll believe it when I hear it from Steve.

Montu

e4ymod said:
Not doubting your credibility or the credibility of Intercot, but I'll believe it when I hear it from Steve.

Now... Steve is a friend, and has been for years. But let me get this straight-

You're doubting this other kid because they got their info from an unnofficial website, and you won't take it as fact until a moderator from *another* unofficial website confirms it?

How bout this - Believe it when you hear it from DISNEY. They're probably a bit more official.

ScrapIron

From mouseplanet's weekly update:

Pirates of the Caribbean – is expected to close from May through mid-September for the addition of characters from the movie that was inspired by the ride.

Cheers.

matthope03

Original Poster
To clerafiy myself, I posted this as confirmed due to the fact that this is not just being stated in a forum discussion board but is actually posted on a website as being true. No doubt that the website is unofficial, however we all know what unofficial sites are better than others and quite frankly intercot is not just one of those fly by night unofficial sites. I would also like to state that I am not a member of their forums and am not promoting their site in any way. As I stated in my original post though, disney has not posted this yet, but sometimes their website does not post things immediately. I am sure that there have been things posted as confirmed on this website before disney had it on their official website as well.

e4ymod

Montu said:
You're doubting this other kid because they got their info from an unnofficial website

The first thing I said was the I didn't doubt him or intercot. Please read the whole post before you jump down my throat. Thanks.:wave:

Captain Chaos

matthope03 said:
To clerafiy myself, I posted this as confirmed due to the fact that this is not just being stated in a forum discussion board but is actually posted on a website as being true. No doubt that the website is unofficial, however we all know what unofficial sites are better than others and quite frankly intercot is not just one of those fly by night unofficial sites. I would also like to state that I am not a member of their forums and am not promoting their site in any way. As I stated in my original post though, disney has not posted this yet, but sometimes their website does not post things immediately. I am sure that there have been things posted as confirmed on this website before disney had it on their official website as well.

I am a member of their forums, and I post there more than I post here... All I can say is that both Intercot and WDWMagic and usually right on the head when posting news before Disney releases the info to make it official... Of course, even though both sites are right majority of the time, I still wait until Disney announces something official.
PHP:

PigletIsMyCat

I just can't see Disney closing down one of it's most popular rides for that amount of time during peak season. Although, if true, I'll enjoy seeing it when it opens since I'll be living in Orlando by that time.

e4ymod

Montu said:
Now... Steve is a friend, and has been for years. But let me get this straight-

You're doubting this other kid because they got their info from an unnofficial website, and you won't take it as fact until a moderator from *another* unofficial website confirms it?

How bout this - Believe it when you hear it from DISNEY. They're probably a bit more official.
BTW... Just so you know. I have gotten false information from Intercot before, as well as other Disney fan sites. This is the only site that I have ever visited that has always supplied me with factual information 100% of the time.

Montu

e4ymod said:
The first thing I said was the I didn't doubt him or intercot. Please read the whole post before you jump down my throat. Thanks.:wave:

Follow your own advice. My point wasn't whether or not you're doubting him, or intercot - only that you will not believe something that you heard on an unofficial site until you hear it on another unofficial site.

Just think about how little sense your original statement made.

Montu

e4ymod said:
BTW... Just so you know. I have gotten false information from Intercot before, as well as other Disney fan sites. This is the only site that I have ever visited that has always supplied me with factual information 100% of the time.

Yup - like all those times site prep started for Fire Mountain.

Montu

PigletIsMyCat said:
I just can't see Disney closing down one of it's most popular rides for that amount of time during peak season. Although, if true, I'll enjoy seeing it when it opens since I'll be living in Orlando by that time.

Why not? They closed it's a small world in May for a 9 month rehab, thus leaving it completely unavaible for Memorial Day, July 4, Christmas and New Years. When things need to close, they close - it's unfortunate, but not every ride can be around for every busy period and these types of upgrades can't happen in a matter of a few days.

AndyP

Montu said:
Follow your own advice. My point wasn't whether or not you're doubting him, or intercot - only that you will not believe something that you heard on an unofficial site until you hear it on another unofficial site.

Some unofficial sites can be reliable, others not so. ta.

e4ymod

Montu said:

What you are saying doesn't make sense to me. Your statement makes it sound like ALL unnoficial sites have the same ammount of credibility. I happen to think that this site is a bit more reliable than others. And again, I'm not doubting intercot. I see them as a much better source of information than say... Jim Hill Media. But I still prefer to get my news from WDWMAGIC.

lisahb

Too Bad!!!

I will be very dissapointed in that is the case. I have been planning my trip for 2 years. DH and DS have never been. We were hoping to see that. I guess I'll keep checking the sites for updates.:eek:

MickeyTigg

matthope03 said:

Intercot is mainly a discussion and vacation planning site. It's "news and rumors" and any more reliable than WDWMAGIC's. I'm very familiar with the people over there and quite frankly, I'd believe Steve before them....Steve tends to get it first and get it right.

Just because it was posted on another unofficial site....doesn't make it "confirmed". It's not confirmed until it comes from Disney.

BTW....this is already being discussed here - http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=68196

RandomHero914

As much as I am excited to see what they will end up doing to the ride, I can't help but be a bit saddened to see the original "go away." What makes it even worse is that I was planning on going to WDW sometime in the month of May... so if this information is in fact true, then I will be missing out on one of my favorite rides. :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom