Pirates rehab and enhancements confirmed!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Enderikari said:
I see your fifth gate rumor, and raise you an animated classic "Meet the Robinsons" in Disney Digital 3-D
i see your "meet the robinsons" in 3-D rumor, and raise you fly saucers bumper cars in TK

Walter

Look, I'm sorry, and you can all flame me if you want to, but I'm just expressing my opinion. This is another sign of Disney losing their vision to capitalism. POTC was a work of art on its own, and now their changing it because it might make another dime. POTC was always one of those things that I thought would at least stay the same, at least I hoped Disney wasn't that heartless. It's just not the same anymore. I don't mind rehabs, but this is a Disney icon. For god sake, it just doesn't feel magical anymore to me. It all seems to be going downhill, and this is just another sign of it.

END RANT!

CaptainMichael

Walter said:
Look, I'm sorry, and you can all flame me if you want to, but I'm just expressing my opinion. This is another sign of Disney losing their vision to capitalism. POTC was a work of art on its own, and now their changing it because it might make another dime. POTC was always one of those things that I thought would at least stay the same, at least I hoped Disney wasn't that heartless. It's just not the same anymore. I don't mind rehabs, but this is a Disney icon. For god sake, it just doesn't feel magical anymore to me. It all seems to be going downhill, and this is just another sign of it.

END RANT!
It is called modernization. Yes, PotC is a classic, but classics need to be updated to keep up with the times. Adding a few Animatronics is hardly harmful. People should be glad they are SPENDING money to IMPROVE an attraction. Why wouldn't it feel magical? You haven't ridden the new and improved PotC yet. I think that more Animatronics and new special effects can only enhance an already wonderful experience.

imagineersrock

STR8FAN2005 said:
It is called modernization. Yes, PotC is a classic, but classics need to be updated to keep up with the times. Adding a few Animatronics is hardly harmful. People should be glad they are SPENDING money to IMPROVE an attraction. Why wouldn't it feel magical? You haven't ridden the new and improved PotC yet. I think that more Animatronics and new special effects can only enhance an already wonderful experience.
Well said... I know we don't know many details yet, but I doubt that this will have anything but a positive outcome.

splitdrums81

Potc

I am going to have to agree. This project will not make POTC or anyhting about WDW less magical. This is a simple improvement of adding things to the ride to expand the ride even more and add more to it. Yea it is a classic but its not like they are totally redoing it or demolishing it. They're if anything at all making it more magical

MuRkErY

I've very happy, hopefully it is a large rehab on the scale of IASW, with some nice new AA's and Effects.

I dont mind a few Jack Sparow AA's as the film version of POTC was a good film at least, and bears some relevance to the ride.

Now if they add a Eddie Murphy AA into HM, then I will be annoyed :lookaroun

S.E.A.

i'm surprised to hear people defending the old version of WDW's POTC, it is the least impressionable, least impressive version of the ride there is. It is a cheaply cut cliffs notes version of the original. ANY kind of add-ons would make it better. At least when Jack Sparrow and the Black Pearl shows up, it becomes a more unique attraction.

and to the person wo made a crack about Project Gemini: Soarin is now in The Land, Mission:Space has been built, The Living Seas is now being re-themed, The Wonders of Life is closed, and The Universe Of Energy has gone seasonal. Yes, Project Gemini is upon us.

MuRkErY

i'm surprised to hear people defending the old version of WDW's POTC, it is the least impressionable, least impressive version of the ride there is. It is a cheaply cut cliffs notes version of the original. ANY kind of add-ons would make it better. At least when Jack Sparrow and the Black Pearl shows up, it becomes a more unique attraction.

Yep, even though I still do like The MK's POTC it's still not a patch on the DL and DLP's versions of the ride.

As part of the updates I would like too see the talking Skull and Cross bones from DL added to the ride. Also I was thinking it would be cool (If they could somehow do this). Make the ships and fortress destructible.

I all ways get annoyed when I see Cannons being fired with no end result. I think before you go into the Ship v Fortress scene there should be a holding area (Where the Skull and Cross Bones Skeleton does he's little speech), this should give enough time for the boats in front to view the battle between the ship and fortress, and for it to reset it's self (Ala Earthquake Style at Universal), then you will be released from the holding area with the talking skull and cross bones. and on to the battle, repeat ect...

I think this would be a nice new effect for the ride as well as increasing the realism of the world it's set in, it would also increase the ride time which is currently very poor when compared to DL's.

ICP06

I know it's selfish, but to be honest, this'll be my last trip to WDW for a good few years...

So...

I reeeeeeeeeally hope that the WDWMagic rumour (Closed in march & again for may & june) is right and the Mouseplanet (closed may to september) is wrong! I really want to experience PotC again!

C'moooooon open some time between June & August!!!

ICP06

tirian

:sohappy:

I first knew this was going to happen a couple of months ago when it was leaked at a presentation, but I wasn't given any information except that WDI was definitely connecting PoTC to the movie (of course, it's been rumored forever). Then Al Lutz reported that the changes had been given the go-ahead, but only definitely at DL. Finally, at Christmastime, I was told that tests had been conducted, AAs would be added, and the rumored additional scene between the unload and loading area would not materialize because the cement archways would chop off people's heads; and even if Disney could enlarge that area, the boats thud back down too violently after the lift for Guests. (Disney is, however, trying to lengthen the storyline at WDW, so some sort of additional scene may be added, even if it's not a completely new section of the ride.)

The official catchphrase for all of the refurbishments at the MK is that Disney is focusing on restoring the classics and adding new magical touches. :D

Lee

Adventurer
tirian said:
(Disney is, however, trying to lengthen the storyline at WDW, so some sort of additional scene may be added, even if it's not a completely new section of the ride.)
True. The caves will be getting some new show....or so I hear.

tirian said:
The official catchphrase for all of the refurbishments at the MK is that Disney is focusing on restoring the classics and adding new magical touches. :D
I'm waiting anxiously to see what sort of refurb they greenlight for Space Mtn.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom