Pirates rehab and enhancements confirmed!

ruca

I may have missed this, but when is the rehab scheduled? I am going in late March and I will be so sad if it is closed. I was in Disneyland Paris this summer and was so sad because their Pirates was under rehab.....

Mimi

Grim Grinner said:
My pet peeve with this whole thing is that the movie would not exist without the ride. Now the ride will be changed to reflect the movie. Does anyone find this disturbing?
I agree with you on this but... When we went to WDW last August it was my boyfriend's first time. I was very concerned about how he would like it. He loved it (we are going again in May)! However, I almost cried when I saw his face at the end of POTC. It wasn't good. He told me he liked it but I could tell he was very disappointed; he had that look of "that's it?".

Even though I explained that the ride came first before the movie he expected to see a greater connection (and probably some better effects) So while I love it just like it is I can see how others who didn't grow up with it can have "different" expectations. Hopefully when it is done we will all be happy.

CaptainMichael

I am all for modernization. It is necessary to be competitive, and they don't seem to be changing too drastically. Just a nice little update to bring it to the 21st Century.

e4ymod

STR8FAN2005 said:
I am all for modernization. It is necessary to be competitive, and they don't seem to be changing too drastically. Just a nice little update to bring it to the 21st Century.
Yea... it'd be nice to see some A100 AAs on the ride.

Enderikari

Ghostbuster626 said:
This is like 12 month old news guys.

No, it is recent news. It has been internet scuttlebutt for 12 months... but now the Disney Company has confirmed it, which means that it is really going to happen, and not going the make-believe paths of project Gemini and Fire Mountain

Enderikari said:
No, it is recent news. It has been internet scuttlebutt for 12 months... but now the Disney Company has confirmed it, which means that it is really going to happen, and not going the make-believe paths of project Gemini and Fire Mountain

oh dont worry Project Gemini and Fire Mountain will happen soon enough.

SirGoofy

Great news. Pirates has always been a great attraction, but I think adding some Jack will help it. Hopefully they don't go over board. I would like to see a sword fight like in DLP, but I'm not holding my breath.

nibblesandbits

I will be interested in seeing how this plays out. I think that it is necessary for them to put Jack Sparrow in the ride...but I also like the way the ride is already. If they don't Jack Sparrow it up and just put him in sparringly like it is rumored they will, I think it will be ok.

imagineersrock

nibblesandbits said:
I will be interested in seeing how this plays out. I think that it is necessary for them to put Jack Sparrow in the ride...but I also like the way the ride is already. If they don't Jack Sparrow it up and just put him in sparringly like it is rumored they will, I think it will be ok.
Also, I hope the animatronic actually looks somewhat like Depp -we don't need another "Ellen" from UoE. That thing looks nothing like her besides the fact that it is wearing the same outfit as the one she has on in the film.

disneyaholic86

I think the enhancements will be a great addition as long as it doesn't change the ride too much. I Hope they aren't rehabing for my May trip. I have friends going who have never been to Disneyworld.

wannab@dis

Ghostbuster626 said:
oh dont worry Project Gemini and Fire Mountain will happen soon enough.
You're making an awful lot of assertions as fact recently on the board. Care to explain "how" you can back these up?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Master Yoda said:
Being one of those fortunate ones that get to go all the time my concerns are a little different. I would rather it be closed for a year and do the job correctly like Disney did with IASW rather than a rush job with no real noticeable improvements.
yeh, i feel the same way..... thus really hope that it is a 7 month rehab (hypothetically) and not 7.5 so we miss it. if it is going to be the IASW style, then yep, take your time...... it will always be there.

i just need to move closer :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom