pirates recieving fastpass?

stof911

Original Poster
So folks, just a question, with all the renovations to PotC, any insiders know of any thoughts of turning it into a fastpass attraction. To me, with all the press it has gotten, why not make it fastpass, it makes a lot of sense, and how many times i have been in there, there is definatley enough room to fit the double lines and fastpass collection area. go forth and condemn or agree with my opinions

stof911

Original Poster
i dont think HM's fastpass is messed up, its done like all the others where there is a point where they felt was the best place for people to merge without messing up the flow of guests going into the attraction. the only attraction that has the problem of it being messed up is, Pooh, and i can complain, since i worked there and had to deal with it. the person handling the fastpasses there also is the person who has to put everyone in their different places, so that person hast to keep up with the quota of 4:1 while sending people to thier places while listening to the annoying guests who cant stand that they had to stand in line for an hour to be held for a couple seconds longer because the fastpass person is handling the quota

Layzbuttercup

In all honesty i don't think the longer wait times, because of the enhancement, are gonna hold up long enough to justify giving POTC fastpass. Although if they were going to add it to the list of fastpass attractions i hope they take it away from Stitchs' Great Escape because I can't see a reason why that attraction needs it at all. Even over the 4th of the July the wait was no longer than 15 minutes. So if they are going to waste the fastpass on something I would rather it be for a worthy ride such as POTC.

Space1205Mount

I agree too. Why have a fastpass machine at a ride that barley gets any attention. Right now PotC is being Publishied(sp?) like crazy. Why not move the machine's to PotC.

Miss Bell

At this point, I hope they don't. I know the ride is getting a lot more attention right now, but surely that will let up some.

For most things, I am all for a Fast Pass, but it is my opinion that Fast Passes made lines longer for Haunted Mansion and Peter Pan's Flight. Making them a FP attraction, makes them seem like something that you have to get on. I don't ever remember the lines for Peter Pan being as long as they are since there was a FP.

Of course, I'm only complaining cause those are my 3 favorite rides, and now it seems like more people are riding them.:king:

Kenan

Honestly, adding fastpass at pirates would prove to be a disaster. It runs fine with wait times from what I've seen anywhere from 25-30 minutes. Now, if you try to add fastpass in, you will more than likely BUMP up that wait to at least 60-75 minutes or so, because now you have an obligation to let the fastpass folks in. Regardless of what you do, adding fastpass will bump up the wait time no matter what. Whether you need to get the fastpass and wait to ride the ride, or just standing in line. With such a high OHRC (operational hourly ride capacity), fastpass would not be neccessary.

Tigger1988

I hope not, before the rehab PotC never had more than a 10/15 minute wait (if that) this will all die down soon, why waste resources on machines that was be useless in a few months

Layzbuttercup

yeah..keeping FP down to a minimum is a good idea, but i have to say that if it weren't for FP i would never go on BTM. I don't know about everyone else, but that line always feels 100 degrees hotter than any other line that you have to wait on. Just feels like everyone is too close together. So yay for FP for that one.

dxwwf3

TiggerRPh said:
FastPass works fine for those that know how to use it.

I fully agree. That doesn't mean it should be used for everything, but I think it works great. I mean honestly before FP were the wait times that much different on Splash Mountain, Test Track, Space Mountain, etc.? I don't really think so. During the busy summer months when I am usually at WDW, these attractions seem to have hour or more waits during the afternoon hours with or without FP. I don't think it should be used for shows because it tends to work out worse there. Attractions like Philharmagic and Voyage of the Little Mermaid seem to mainly have stand by queues only when FP is running nowadays. Sure these attractions could really benefit from FP when they are brand new, but most shows tend to not need it after a year or so, and therefore it seems that it really isn't necessary to put them in at all.

Just my $.02

JCAEdge21

pirates most likely wont be getting a fastpass. after about a few more weeks the lines will drop again. its all movie buzz right now

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
TiggerRPh said:
FastPass works fine for those that know how to use it.

no it really doesnt. Even if a few nerds know how to use fastpass to the full effect it just causes big headaches and hassles for most people. Thats why you have out of control and agonizing waits on rides like Soarin, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, etc.

Disneyland is slowly phasing out fastpass and the new version of the Submarine Voyage thats opening next summer will be the first "new" disney ride to not offer fastpass. I wish WDW's managers had brains because if they did tehy would be phasing out fastpass as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom