pirates recieving fastpass?

dxwwf3

Could you imagine an attraction like the Submarine Voyage with FP? If there has EVER been an attraction that was not designed for something like FP, it would be 20k/Submarine Voyage.

FP is so easy to use, I don't see how anyone could be confused by it. And as I said before, do you really think there wouldn't be out of control and agonizing waits for those attractions if they didn't have FP? I don't think so at all.

Scar Junior

Most confused guests that I encountered (while distributing or collecting FP) spoke different languages. First-time users ask a lot of questions too, but it is by no means annoying. Helping people was my favorite part of operating the FP distribution.

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
One of the worst problems with fastpass is the castmembers. Ive seen so many cast members who dont know how to properly distribute the number of standby guests and the number of fastpass guests into an attraction. So one line of guests (usually stand-by) is neglected for 30-60 minutes because the cast member forgets about them and only focuses on fastpass people. And this is one of the smaller problems with the system.

AEfx

Lewis Carroll said:
no it really doesnt. Even if a few nerds know how to use fastpass to the full effect it just causes big headaches and hassles for most people.

LOL well I guess my Grandma was "nerd" because she understood the system and how to use it properly. It's so simple, I think some people just breathe too much into it and think it's more complicated than it is. Select attraction to visit later, put ticket into machine, collect fast pass, return at stated time and ride with a very short wait...and you can have another one a) as soon as the one you just got can be used, or b) the time stamped on the ticket that clearly tells you when you can get your next one. It ain't rocket science. Now I understand the overall academic debate regarding it's long term effects, but I don't think that "most people" get big headaches and hassles out of it, they just use a couple a day as treats.

Not all attractions benefit from it (especially attractions that weren't initially designed for it), but many do. Pirates is one ride that actually would fit it perfectly if it was needed long-term, as it already has two distinct queues.

However, even though PotC2 has done exceedingly well, I don't think the ride will experience enough long-term boost to necessitate FP. It already has a huge capacity, and I think a lot of people are forgetting that it's busy summer season right now, and PotC having 15-30 minute waits is not entirely uncommon even without the film during super-busy periods. Add the additional hype, and an hour makes sense.

AEfx

Disneyfanman

I love Fast Pass. We use it for 2-3 attractions a day. Not huge, but it greatly increases our enjoyment of the parks because we use the time before our visit window to do other things besides wait in line. Park Hopping, in my mind, becomes easier because if you arrive during the afternoon at the MK, you can still ride Space Mountain without it taking up 90 minutes of your day. And if that's the only attraction that you grab a Fast Pass for, then you can "plan the biggie", and really enjoy the smaller attractions that you would have missed. It adds tremendous flexibility to our visits.

I do think the stand-by lines are way longer in general. I just never wait in them. I plan my day around the 2-3 attractions that have Fast Pass, and then do the remainder of the park at my leisure.

The only real down side? If you don't understand the system (And DisneyWorld gets many infrequent visitors), and you visit on a busy day, you can really get jammed by Fast Pass. And if a popular attraction's Fast Passes are all gone, then you can REALLY be looking a long wait for a super popular attraction. (Look at Soarin'.)

But I understand it, and it makes my visits much more enjoyable. Pirates doesn't need it.

T-1MILLION

I hope not. Fastpass is abused at times. I think if the lines start dying down soon then we will not see it. I do agree that it would end up a mess.

Pirates of the Caribbean and Fastpass definitely don't mix! I agree that it would take the same effect like Haunted Mansion.

"...dead man tell no tale...dead man tell no tale..."

CrashNet

Lewis Carroll said:
One of the worst problems with fastpass is the castmembers. Ive seen so many cast members who dont know how to properly distribute the number of standby guests and the number of fastpass guests into an attraction. So one line of guests (usually stand-by) is neglected for 30-60 minutes because the cast member forgets about them and only focuses on fastpass people. And this is one of the smaller problems with the system.
Wow. Ok, I think I need to try to help and clear some things up for you. FastPass is like the "elite" line of an attraction. Three to four people are let in for every one person in the standby line. Otherwise, it wouldn't be FastPass. And of all the times I've been at the parks and as a CM, I have never once seen a Cast Member forget about the standby line.

There are a lot of things to consider with FastPasses as well. If a ride has an extensive period of downtime, all of the people with FPs during that time are going to rush back when the ride reopens, and as FP holders they deserve to be filed through faster than those in the standby line. Keep in mind the wait times at the front of the attraction calculate all riders, both standby and FP. If it says 30 Minutes, you are going to wait around 30 minutes to get through the queue.

I love FP. Its a fantastic idea, but it does require the right ride to handle it. Any rollercoaster needs it. Stitch's Great Escape: they apparently had high hopes for that ride. Soarin' has the lowest capacity of any e-ticket attraction at WDW and it's hugely popular, the two factors that contribute to why the lines are always so long. And am I mistaken, or do they no longer distribute FPs at Haunted Mansion because of the problems?

Pirate's doesn't need it, and won't get it. Its hyped up now because of the movie and it just reopened. Kid's just want to experience the movie, and I don't blame them. It will die down after the summer vacation season is over and school starts back.

erasure fan1

I think this ride has a chance to stay with above average wait times for a longer time than most people are saying. Remember that the movie will be on DVD for x-mas, than if they put in the new AAs Will and Liz, then you have the 3rd movie opening in the summer then the DVD of that. All these things are going to keep the ride in peoples mind and they are going to want to ride this attraction when they go. This could extend the popularity for a year and a 1/2 or more. So a fastpass might not be a bad idea for a year or so but not forever. I dont think they need to do it but they do have some reasoning to do it. I cant see the 3rd movie not being successfull, and if they make some more additions to the ride I say the popularity stays for longer than a couple months.

CrashNet

erasure fan1 said:
I think this ride has a chance to stay with above average wait times for a longer time than most people are saying. Remember that the movie will be on DVD for x-mas, than if they put in the new AAs Will and Liz, then you have the 3rd movie opening in the summer then the DVD of that. All these things are going to keep the ride in peoples mind and they are going to want to ride this attraction when they go. This could extend the popularity for a year and a 1/2 or more. So a fastpass might not be a bad idea for a year or so but not forever. I dont think they need to do it but they do have some reasoning to do it. I cant see the 3rd movie not being successfull, and if they make some more additions to the ride I say the popularity stays for longer than a couple months.
Oh I bet it will have a much longer line that it has in the past; but, Pirate's does have a very large capacity and moves people through pretty quickly. It's just really not the most suitable attraction for FastPass placement.

dxwwf3

cac2889 said:
Oh I bet it will have a much longer line that it has in the past; but, Pirate's does have a very large capacity and moves people through pretty quickly. It's just really not the most suitable attraction for FastPass placement.

Of course, in defense for the POTC for FP point of view, you could really say that Buzz Lightyear wouldn't need FP after the newness wore off because of its capacity. And it is now an attraction that usually has a somewhat long line. Is that because of FP? I don't know, but I have a feeling that the wait times would be very similar if FP wasn't there.

It seems that FP works best when it isn't used for super high capacity rides or very low capacity rides. But I guess if someone wanted to, they could make a case for POTC if they used Buzz as an example. Don't get me wrong though, I don't think it needs it.

schro513

If the rumors come true that Disney will start some sort of "pay-for-use" program with Fast Pass in the future I think you will see it on all E-ticket attractions regardless of if they need it or not. If you pay a premium to get that access you are going to want it on all the big name attractions even if you wouldn't normally have a wait....

CrashNet

schro513 said:
If the rumors come true that Disney will start some sort of "pay-for-use" program with Fast Pass in the future I think you will see it on all E-ticket attractions regardless of if they need it or not. If you pay a premium to get that access you are going to want it on all the big name attractions even if you wouldn't normally have a wait....
Yeah that is a rumor. And no, it will never, EVER, happen.

CrashNet

TiggerRPh said:
Don't be so sure....Disney is going to tweak the FastPass system...it's just a matter of how.
Well it may be tweaked which I have heard as well, but to make it a pay service would be the death of the FastPass system as a whole. With the exception of food and merchandise, expected extra expenses, charging for anything else inpark on top of ticket entry prices is a bad idea. That would be equivalent to charging guests to see Fantasmic, or having to purchase tickets to ride the monorail.

With my opinion said, and because no one really knows what the plans are including me, I'll just say I really really hope they never consider it. I like it too much. :lol:

stof911

Original Poster
cac2889 said:
Wow. Ok, I think I need to try to help and clear some things up for you. FastPass is like the "elite" line of an attraction. Three to four people are let in for every one person in the standby line. Otherwise, it wouldn't be FastPass. And of all the times I've been at the parks and as a CM, I have never once seen a Cast Member forget about the standby line.

Well you cant forget about them because, pardon my french, but they will ride your ______ :fork: :fork: :fork: :zipit: :zipit: :zipit: if you dont pay attention to them, any cm you deals with fastpass knows what i am talking about

goofntink

From the construction side...NO. If it was it would have been done while we did the rehab.Reasons.1. Due to the layout for the queue lines.2. The time a guest is in the queue 3.The capacity of the boats also is a reason they did not do fastpass for Pirates.Hope this answers your question.

fastpass is an awesome system, and i personally have never had any problems with using it (except with test track, but that ride has problems all on its own). even when i dont use fastpass on rides that have it, ive never had a problem. ive also never had to wait in a line thats been greater than 45 minutes (that was Soarin' it was the last night of us being there so we said to heck with it and waited anyway). so saying that fastpass sucks is just bizarre to me. yes obviously, CMs have to deal with the rotation between fastpass and standby lines but ive always had good experiences. without fastpasses, lines would be a lot longer. i dont however see a need for it on POTC. i agree that it should be used primarily for E-ticket attractions. i never saw a need for it on HM. i feel using it on many rides is more unecessary rather than a flat out problem.

Chape19714

The pirates capacity line is split 50/50. 50% can go right, and 50% can go left. To make FP work, they would have to make sure they could keep every boat full at 1 station. Meaning 1/2 of the people on the ride would have baorded with FP. That is simply too much. It would make the FP line pretty long too, because you would need 15 passengers on standby to fill the boat. It is simply not feasible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom