pirates recieving fastpass?

WDWCinch

It's been done

I've been keeping tabs on Fast Pass since the newspapers first reported that Disney was playing around with a Virtual Queueing System. When they first started playing around with FP, Pirates was a FP ride... But they took it away because the lines have always been short due to the high capacity of the ride. All they did was load FP from one dock and stand by from the other. I don't think they will bother putting it back in. There are other projects with more importance.

On the note of people not paying... I would think the same thing, but the line to buy a Flash Pass at Six Flags today was very long. Six Flags charges $15 for pager rental PLUS $15 per person. The average wait time in the park is 40 minutes. So don't count out the willingness of people to pay a lot more money even after sepending $60 to get into the park.

That being said, six flags guests often comment that "Disney didn't charge us for Fast Pass". (If you want to annoy a Six Flags employee say the word Disney a lot.) In my opinon, Disney has FP working the way they want it and I dont think they will charge for it, BUT they did say something about a GOLDEN FP which I could see them charging for.

dxwwf3

WDWCinch said:
In my opinon, Disney has FP working the way they want it and I dont think they will charge for it, BUT they did say something about a GOLDEN FP which I could see them charging for.

I agree. I hope that if they decide to go with a pay system that it is a Golden FP or something along those lines instead of having to pay for using the whole system. I think if they sold Golden FP's it would make them some decent money and wouldn't really effect things too much in the parks. Of course, I could be wrong, but I really don't think it would make things more inconvenient for anyone else not using the Golden FP.

metscool

Pirates is going to need it. If you think about it, the movie has been selling out(I work at a movie theater). Last friday it sold out 10 times and we had to make a 1105 show. And that Thursday night it sold out three time. And then listening to what people have been saying about how long the lines are for the ride. Then they need it.

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
cac2889 said:
And of all the times I've been at the parks and as a CM, I have never once seen a Cast Member forget about the standby line.

Well I guess since YOU personally didnt see it I guess that means it doesnt happen then.

Tigger1988

WDWCinch said:
BUT they did say something about a GOLDEN FP which I could see them charging for.

The Golden FP is a possible prize during the Year of a Million Dreams Celebration, I haven't hearnd anything about them selling them.

MickeyTigg

Tigger1988 said:
The Golden FP is a possible prize during the Year of a Million Dreams Celebration, I haven't hearnd anything about them selling them.

There has been a lot of talk of Disney having the type of FP tied to the type of onsite resort you stayed at.

disneydata

metscool said:
Pirates is going to need it. If you think about it, the movie has been selling out(I work at a movie theater). Last friday it sold out 10 times and we had to make a 1105 show. And that Thursday night it sold out three time. And then listening to what people have been saying about how long the lines are for the ride. Then they need it.
No, it's doesn't. The wait time hasn't gone much over 40 minutes after the first few days the movie was opened. There's only a few hour period where the wait time is long, every other time it's under 10-20 mins mins.

stof911

Original Poster
im definatley gonna take your work for it, i have the feeling you are in the know. So when is PotC going to add the other characters.

T-1MILLION

stof911 said:
So when is PotC going to add the other characters?*

NEVER...unless Disney wants to go back on their word...now that would just be..

Pirate like.

I really hope they never do. That would destroy the whole point of what they said they were trying to do in the first place.

JeffH

Fastpass continues to be one of the most brilliant theme park improvements ever made

Miss Bell said:
it is my opinion that Fast Passes made lines longer for Haunted Mansion and Peter Pan's Flight. Making them a FP attraction, makes them seem like something that you have to get on. I don't ever remember the lines for Peter Pan being as long as they are since there was a FP.
So untrue, PPF has ALWAYS had a long line, at least now you can get a ride on it without waiting in it.
Note: Haunted Mansion hasn't had fast pass for quite a long time, and it never really needed one.
With rides with fast-pass their standby lines actually have a tendency to be shorter because longer lines send people to the fast-pass machines keeping the lines from getting too long (until the fast-passes run out for the day).
Lewis Carroll said:
One of the worst problems with fastpass is the castmembers. Ive seen so many cast members who dont know how to properly distribute the number of standby guests and the number of fastpass guests into an attraction. So one line of guests (usually stand-by) is neglected for 30-60 minutes because the cast member forgets about them and only focuses on fastpass people. And this is one of the smaller problems with the system.
This NEVER happens. It's not rocket science, and cast members have no problem with this. If anything, they follow it so closely that when there is a <10 minutes wait in the standby line (like I've seen many times at Soarin', a posted 60+ minute wait when there was only 10 minutes of people in line), and a line builds in the fastpass line, the fastpass wait is almost the same as the standby line...instead of then giving priority to the fastpass line, they continue to let standby liners in.
Fastpass works, and was one/is of the most brilliant theme park improvements ever made. Fastpass can improve every guests experience at WDW in many ways.
One of the greatest things Fastpass has done is save classic attractions that had been previously void of guest traffic. In particular, Carrosel of Progress was near death until Fastpass. Now, apparently, like we do guests get a SM, Buzz, or Stitch fastpass, ride CoP and TTA, then go to their fastpass choice.
CoP would be a seasonal attraction if it wasn't for fastpass.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
With that said, Fastpass for Pirates is totally unnecessary...the line moves fast, and the cool dark line is a nice respite from the normal Florida heat. We were there on July 8th at the peak time (about noon), and the line wound outside (like they did on July 4th, although there was no line the night of July 1st) only through about half of the exterior. So I don't expect there to be any sort of regular "long" line to worry about...although new Pirate interest should eliminate a lot of the empty lines that it was seeing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Disney does, however have a major problem with the way they track line waits (this has nothing to do with FastPass). In particular, Soarin'...I've witnessed many times (everytime), the posted wait time of the standby line being 45-70 minutes, when inside it was only 0-20 minutes. People see the (inaccurate) long wait time, then instead of getting in line, settle for a fastpass, and then have to return later in the day (or miss this amazing ride altogether). This forces the fastpasses to run out early, forces people to return (from the far reaches of where ever they are at Epcot), and often results in an empty standby line!!! I don't know why they don't just put counters at the beginning and loading end of the attractions, to determine EXACTLY how many people are in line (then using fastpass data to determine the accurate wait times). Or in the case of Soarin', it would be pretty simple to just put up approximate wait times in the line...10min after trivia murals, 15 midway, 20 beginning, 30 next turn, 45, 2nd turn, 60 near entrance, 70 at entrance, instead of grossly misinforming the guests. A simple walk into the wide line would provide a pretty accurate idea of the wait time (if you knew how long the line was), and if you found it too long for your liking (like extending beyond the murals) you can always walk back out.
~~~~

erasure fan1

T-1MILLION said:
NEVER...unless Disney wants to go back on their word...now that would just be..

Pirate like.

I really hope they never do. That would destroy the whole point of what they said they were trying to do in the first place.

I read they are going to add a Liz and Will AA for pirates 3. I dont think it would destroy anything, it will just tie the movie with the ride that much more. And since the movie kicked butt, thats ok by me.:D

T-1MILLION

I love the moives..I have always loved the ride. The thing is they have done enough now. There is really no need to add more. For one thing they added jack, barbossa, and Davy jones to the story. That is enough for people to get what they wanted...I hope. They now realize that the movies and ride have blended....

If they add liz and will and other characters, they will most likely be taking even more of original parts of the attraction that do not even need to be removed.

So then you have potc like the ride never existed just the moive..exactly what the imagineers said they did not want to do.

They are not going to add two more characters just so people can see them..Jack and others are there, and people now/should realize it is a tie in with the films. That was the point of the "enhancements". People have asked about Sparrow and why he was not in the ride ever since the movie has come out. There is no way near as large as fan base for any other of the characters as there is for Jack right now that would affect the current form of the ride. So it would be pointless from a business standpoint and "classic attraction conservation" stand point as well to spend money and change things that do not need to be changed.

Not to mention I have always heard this was to be a prequel story from the movies, where Jack was in and out of trouble with barbossa and many other pirates.

:wave:

-Preston

jedimaster1227

stof911 said:
So folks, just a question, with all the renovations to PotC, any insiders know of any thoughts of turning it into a fastpass attraction. To me, with all the press it has gotten, why not make it fastpass, it makes a lot of sense, and how many times i have been in there, there is definatley enough room to fit the double lines and fastpass collection area. go forth and condemn or agree with my opinions

While a year ago, it wouldn't have suprised me, now it would. While Pirates is doing amazing (30 minute wait times at least), it won't recieve a fastpass system.

Disney has slowly been removing the least necessary fastpass machines due to a study found to show that they only make lines long and worse. Pirates doesn't need that.

POOHKILLEDTOAD

>>>Haunted Mansion hasn't had fast pass for quite a long time, and it never really needed one.<<<

it doesn't have fast pass anymore? when did this happen?

CrashNet

Lewis Carroll said:
Well I guess since YOU personally didnt see it I guess that means it doesnt happen then.
I guess it does. Other than spending time with guests, six days a week in the parks has to have some kind of reward. :)

Poohkilledtoad, I'm not sure when it happened. I'm pretty positive they got rid of the FastPass system at Haunted Mansion because it just wasn't working out. Since they take in groups of people at a time for the preshow, it probably held the line up more than it did speed it up.

disneydata

cac2889 said:
I guess it does. Other than spending time with guests, six days a week in the parks has to have some kind of reward. :)

Poohkilledtoad, I'm not sure when it happened. I'm pretty positive they got rid of the FastPass system at Haunted Mansion because it just wasn't working out. Since they take in groups of people at a time for the preshow, it probably held the line up more than it did speed it up.
They did a one year study of wait times at HM and entrance area blocking (guests standing and waiting in the area clogging it up) which just ended a few months ago. Yes, they found without FP waits were much shorter and the entrance area was much more open without all the people standing around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom