Pirates Queue Modifications

RAXIP

Original Poster
I went of Pirates of the Caribbean this afternoon and discovered that all of the construction scrims and plywood doors were gone. The queue has been modified slightly and the two separate sides now meet on the new wooden dock. Currently the lines are still separated, divided by a rope across the new dock. I took a few pics from the right queue, no flash so they are a little dark.

Here is were the queue diverges from its original path. A gate has been put across the old opening.
88AAA3EC-C47E-4099-B965-B4E2E66CA010.JPG

The line now goes though and opening where the dreaded plywood door once stood.
potc-queue-aug0412.jpg

The line goes out onto a wooden deck. This is where the two lines meet (FastPass merge perhaps?) Looking towards the loading docks.
D14113CF-8D6D-492F-893D-9BD07265BD8F.JPG

The two lines are separated by a rope. This is a look at the other line (left side)
C77E6A4A-0C81-4A50-99D5-8318AD8FC92D.JPG

A look back at the new deck.
032B4A14-C55C-4C36-BFB4-0855D5AB06F8.JPG

The gate covering the old opening, from the other side.
9176BEA1-8C6B-476A-B3EA-352FB721AB63.JPG

A look back at the new deck from across the waterway, just before the loading dock.
481C6B13-D764-4E71-A74F-D3E485F3788F.JPG

Here's a diagram showing the queue modifications. The thin red lines show where the old queues are blocked off. The thicker, bent red line is the edge of new deck and the dashed red line is the rope. The yellow lines are the new path of the queues.
potcq.png

[diagram source]

Skyway

I imagine this allows for a FastPass and a Standby line...but with an optional merge point for slower times when they are only running one load station???

Without the optional merge, POTC with Fastpass would be required to run both load stations at all times (and pay for the additional staff to do so). Nowadays, without FastPass, they simply shut down one entire side during slow times.

Goofnut1980

To me it appears they have created a quick zip to the loading dock. If its slow, there is no need to go thru the entire queue. They can move the red dash line to go north/south instead of east/west (like it does in the diagram) and that will make the walk shorter... It is sort of like what they do at Big Thunder with the ropes. Just move one and then people can queue around a different way. Brilliant!

jme

Padlock door, wha?
The picture with the padlocked door is an OLD picture, referencing what is now gone. So, now, that door is gone, and the steel gate on the opening in that picture is down (see the first picture for what it currently looks like).

coolbeans14

it is clever how its set up, as long as the batching at the meet point is done effectively. to avoid adding a major difference to standby, they should definitely have it working so that on the busy days when both docks are used, all the fastpass people go round the corner, with a handful of people at a time coming from standby.

If done correctly, then it shouldn't be too bad. Still unnecessary though.

DisneyWall-E

It doesnt look bad at all, imho. I will go with glass mostly full on this one, it could have been a lot worse.
Also, the new view you will get of the loading area will add to the excitement(sp?) for me at least.

AndyMagic

I can't wait for the interactive skeletons that tell jokes to children and the loud, button-activated fog horns that will be available for 4 year-olds to annoy everyone in line with! Oh the joys of NEXT-GEN. :confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom