Pirates closing for 1 day refurb??

wiigirl

One day....thats not so bad... :p
75.gif

LizC

That is the fist day of my trip, bummer! Oh well at least it's only one day. Wonder what kind of change will happen in a day?

MotherOfBirds

So are they and the necessary mechanical doodads already made and awaiting installation? It'd only take a day to do if it's not that involved, right?

JCtheparrothead

Fairly.
They've been working on them for quite a while. Don't know what the hold up is...

Really? Mermaids? Have i missed things in other posts about what is going in here?

Not questioning you Lee just my ability to stay on top of my WDW knowledge.

Joshua&CalebDad

As long it is only for one day. I got really worried there for a minute. I'm not sure what my 3 and 5 year old would do if they couldn't ride POTC during our trip in November. Yes I know it os only one ride, but that is their favorite ride.

LudwigVonDrake

As of two weeks ago it looked like something was going on. In the scene with the skeletons on the beach there looked like a some sort of mesh covering a hole in the far corner and there looked to be something in the dark just past that scene on the same side. It was dark and I didn't want to use a flash and annoy people.

MissM

As of two weeks ago it looked like something was going on. In the scene with the skeletons on the beach there looked like a some sort of mesh covering a hole in the far corner and there looked to be something in the dark just past that scene on the same side. It was dark and I didn't want to use a flash and annoy people.
Yeah I second this. It was a weird bit of "sheets" hanging behind the beach scene. It was darker in color but there was also extra lighting in the area which made it visible. Right before the drop you can look "behind" where the curtain bit is and see that it does appear to be blocking a hole or some sort of recessed area. Hard to describe but it looked weird and definitely like they're temporarily covering something.

Edit to add: This is an old pic but I just put a red circle around the area I'm talking about that was curtained off to help explain:

pirates-2004-beach.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom