Pirates Adventureland???

devoy1701

I think that it is safe to say that Adventureland will never get an overhaul and be rethemed to be completely POTC or just pirates related.

Have any of you read the Imagineering Field Guide to the Magic Kingdom? It's put out by the Imagineers and there is one for each park except MGM. But it goes to say:

"Adventure is a very broad term that brings to mind a very broad range of images. For some, it can be a time, for others a place. For others still, it has more to do with a spirit of a state of mind. So, how do you create a place that looks like adventure to everyone?" since many disparate images come to mind when one hears the word "Adventure," our Adventureland intentionally plays on several of these themes and settings. There are the dark jungles of Africa, the islands of the Caribbean Sea, the South Seas tropics, and the Arabian bazaar. It is the combination of all of these Locales that create an overall sense of adventure to serve as a backdrop for stories we want to tell."

Adventureland would lose it's identity if it gets rethemed to Pirates, and would probably lose its sense of adventure to some people. Adventureland is also playing on all "true-life adventures." A pirates theme would also cause it to lose that edge. Did you guys know that the working name for Adventureland was actually "True-Life Adventureland"

take it home...chew it.

just throwing my bit in again. thanks for listening.

WDWEric

I think a pirate themed restaurant would be awesome for little boys ( like princesses for girls) but I also like the idea of expanding on adventureland and making like tortuga behind or next to PotC.

dancin_in_epcot

Disney can breathe easy for the time being as far as bringing in money--as sbkline said, HP is a big plus for Universal but I doubt it's going to leave much of a painful dent in Disney's pocket book.

i agree, HP is very popular but it's not much of a family oriented thing anymore, it's just a fad with teens and kids, probably going to blow over very soon after the last movie. its a big loss but at the same time it's just a minor loss....

dancin_in_epcot

Tortoga as a resturant is a good idea, and the rollercoaster would attract teens, but anything else would be overkill, even this would be more than a bit over it. But from all I see Tortoga may be a possiblity, the rollercoaster and the replica Black Pearl are probably not going to happen but who knows?

brucie

Well Disney and Universal are definitely in competition with each other but right now it's like a David and Goliath competition but some of you are making a mistake, just because Goliath was the clear winner in the fight small David Won the battle.
It may not happen now or soon, but It's a possibility that always needs to be watched if Disney is caught unawares they could fall victim to the same fate as Goliath(however unlikely)
I whole heartedly agree with bringing A new Star Wars and Indiana Jones ride to the parks, Potter is cool now but Star Wars has been cool for 30 years and is as popular today as it has ever been, If Universal gets a hold of either of these it might be to late for the mouse??

camithepirate

Dont get me wrong, im a huge potc fan, since i was little and rode it at DL, but, i think turing adventureland into a potc take over, is a horrible idea:brick:
the new tortuga resturant sounds great, but anything more than that i think ruins the integrity of adventureland. But im sure, its not like it will become close in works anytime soon.

As for HP....i see absolutly no competition for DW there. after attending the latest midnight release party for the last HP book (a babysitting job) with my younger brothers, i can say pretty confidently that the new HP part of Universal will not be on any scale as any part of Disney. HP is mostly enjoyed by younger kids, but yea, some adults read it too. but from the looks of many of the parents that night, I dont see familes throughly enjoying the new park. DW is and always will be the most magical place on earth for both kids and adults, and the harry potter park, will,well, supply magic to those who enjoy it.

shoppingnut

I think that a Tortuga restaurant would be fabulous. First, because they need to have another sit down restaurant in MK and second, it would definitely be a place little boys would want to go which disney has been lacking in since everything is geared for little girls.

ladyofthecastle

I think the tortuga restaurant and the outdoor roller coaster would be a good idea. It has been a while since MK has gotten an actual ride instead of shows. And the treehouse has gotten old, but it is still a classic and plus, putting the Pearl in the middle of adventureland would be a little out of place, even if it was changed into pirate land or whatever. :brick: And the competition between universal and disney world has already been won, long ago, by a mouse! :sohappy: :animwink: :sohappy:

juan

I think that it is safe to say that Adventureland will never get an overhaul and be rethemed to be completely POTC or just pirates related.

Have any of you read the Imagineering Field Guide to the Magic Kingdom? It's put out by the Imagineers and there is one for each park except MGM. But it goes to say:

"Adventure is a very broad term that brings to mind a very broad range of images. For some, it can be a time, for others a place. For others still, it has more to do with a spirit of a state of mind. So, how do you create a place that looks like adventure to everyone?" since many disparate images come to mind when one hears the word "Adventure," our Adventureland intentionally plays on several of these themes and settings. There are the dark jungles of Africa, the islands of the Caribbean Sea, the South Seas tropics, and the Arabian bazaar. It is the combination of all of these Locales that create an overall sense of adventure to serve as a backdrop for stories we want to tell."

Adventureland would lose it's identity if it gets rethemed to Pirates, and would probably lose its sense of adventure to some people. Adventureland is also playing on all "true-life adventures." A pirates theme would also cause it to lose that edge. Did you guys know that the working name for Adventureland was actually "True-Life Adventureland"

take it home...chew it.

just throwing my bit in again. thanks for listening.

just letting you know--- stuff is coming
:zipit: :zipit:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom