Pirate & Princess Party Events

tinkerbell0406

Original Poster
I'm going in 10 days to my first pirate and princess party & I'm so excited. I was on a website that had the events planned and the characters at the party and is it true there is no more meet & greet with Jack Sparrow? Has anyone gone recently to know if that is true. I'm a big pirates fan and would love to meet Jack and I changed my vacation just so I can go to a P&P party.

We are visiting in may from england and ou tickets for the party on the 16th arrived yesteray - cant wait from what everyone says on these forums

Anyone have any tips on how to see everything and get the most out of the party night?

Also how do you get identified from a normal guest to one who has a ticket as others will surely be in the park before 7pm?

happymom52003

I'm going in 10 days to my first pirate and princess party & I'm so excited. I was on a website that had the events planned and the characters at the party and is it true there is no more meet & greet with Jack Sparrow? Has anyone gone recently to know if that is true. I'm a big pirates fan and would love to meet Jack and I changed my vacation just so I can go to a P&P party.

I would find that VERY hard to believe....the meet and greet with him is one of the most popular things at the party. We met him in January! It was so much fun!! But here is a hint.....get in line to meet Jack Sparrow FIRST THING. The line can get really long.

happymom52003

We are visiting in may from england and ou tickets for the party on the 16th arrived yesteray - cant wait from what everyone says on these forums

Anyone have any tips on how to see everything and get the most out of the party night?

Also how do you get identified from a normal guest to one who has a ticket as others will surely be in the park before 7pm?

They will give you a wristband after you go through the turnstiles. You can get in with your ticket as early as 4:00. I would suggest making sure you are finished with dinner before the start of the party....the first time we went to a special Disney party (it was MVMCP) we made the mistake of eating at Liberty Tree Tavern DURING the party which took up way too much party time! For MNSSHP in October we are making our Libtery Tree Tavern adr early enough that we will be finished before the party starts.

KYMouseFan

Jack was still there on April 1st as I got my picture taken with him. The wait was about 45 minutes around 8PM and by 11PM it was about 30 minutes.

Disneyparisfan

I made it to one of last years party's in August. It was fantastic! Im heading back again this year, mid July to early August.

Does anyone know if there will be Pirate / Princess parties on at that time this year?

To say I really want to go would be such an understatement - It was by far our best experience at Disney.

The CM's were great- they really pleased my DD with coments on her outfit etc and were really in the spirit of the event, the parade was superb, the fireworks were awsome.:D

Knowing my luck the partys will finish the week before I arrive, or start the week after I leave though.:cry:

Horizonstta

The meet & greet was there on April 11.

Based on the released park hours for July and August, it doesn't appear that the P&P will return for the summer.

earnhrdt3

just went on april 1st to the PPP and it was awesome! any tips on how to make the most of your time depends on how you want to spend you time...if you want to use the party for rides then you will have no problems as you will "walk on" to most of them...parade is pretty good and the fireworks are the best i've seen at disney!!!! (don't miss them!!!)...we really didn't do much of the character thing as the lines were longest for these...we rode everything once and then went back and rode some things multiple times....we watched the parade near splash mt. where it begins so we could start riding again without waiting for it to get to main st usa...we had a blast and would do it again in a heartbeat...have fun and i hope this helped!

tinkerbell0406

Original Poster
Thanks for all the information. So Jack Sparrow is still there & I cannot wait! That's the first thing I'm going to do when I get there. Thanks again! :wave:

Boomdog15

We were at the P&P party on April 6th (in the pouring rain!) & my son had his picture taken with Jack. So yes, he is still there & he is a really good Jack.

Gorjus

Party Tonight!!!

You definitely want to see the parade and the fireworks. Those are can't miss.

The rides are there, but you can do rides anytime. However, the lines will never be shorter.

As for characters, why not concentrate on the ones you wouldn't normally see: visit Jack; Pocahontas & John Smith; Pirate Donald & Pirate Goofy; Pirate Mickey & Pirate Pluto; Princess Minnie; Princess Daisy. Belle has a different setting in her Fairytale Garden, so that could be a nice photo. It is easier to find Snow White in Toon Town because she is with Cinderella and Aurora, however, if you've seen them already, you could skip that line because they don't have different dresses on. The same holds true for Ariel and Jasmine.

Aladdin and Jack each do a separate show in Adventureland.

There is a dance party in Tomorrowland with Stitch and Chip & Dale. There is a dance party in the Grotto with Sebastian and Flounder...I think.

And I would definitely get a photo with Cinderella's Coach by the fantasyland skyway building.

DivineMadness7

When we went last August, the line to meet and greet with Jack was something like 45 minutes long. So if you're gonna do it, make sure you really wanna do it. To me, that wasn't worth it. The party is only a few hours and that's a big chunk. Not trying to be a wet blanket, just wanted to give you a heads up going in to it! :wave:

lenshanem

There last Friday and saw Jack. Ran over and got in line right after the parade (Saw parade over near Frontierland.). Parade was still passing by going down Main Street. Had very little wait, just a few families in front of us. He spent alot of time with my girls! After we got out the line was HUGE. Good luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom