pirate and princess parties for months on end?

kimmychad

Original Poster
does anyone else think disney is lacking in creativeness by having pirate and princess parties for so long during the year. allears just announced that the parties will likely be extended into april, may, and june. just seems like they're just being used as filler now in between the other parties

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Lacking creativity? No.

Seeing interest and capitalizing on it? Yes. :shrug:

kimmychad

Original Poster
Lacking creativity? No.

Seeing interest and capitalizing on it? Yes. :shrug:

the thing is monty unlike alot of people, we really enjoy the parties. some of our best memories were sitting on the curb on main street waiting for the parade freezing cause we didnt dress right. but to have the same party for like 5 or six months in a row just seems monotonous.

peter11435

the thing is monty unlike alot of people, we really enjoy the parties. some of our best memories were sitting on the curb on main street waiting for the parade freezing cause we didnt dress right. but to have the same party for like 5 or six months in a row just seems monotonous.

The majority of Disney guests only visit once every few years.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I do not think there is any real lack of creativity it is more about maximizing their return on investment. New floats, shows etc all cost money to produce. The more times you can run them the more you can make without laying out the capital for new shows, floats etc. I guarantee you that there are a couple dozen more after hours parties concepts sitting in a file at WDI. When P&P has run its course one of those ideas will be dusted off and made into a new after hours party.

P&P is the perfect fit for those times of year when MNSSHP and MVMCP are not running. It is no secret that Disney makes a huge amount of money on these after hours parties and it only makes sense for Disney to continue them year round. The P&P theme has a very broad appeal and has absolutely no seasonal ties so it can be run year round. Princesses have always been central in Disney marketing and now thanks to that little pirate movie Disney did a few years ago pirates have become like rock stars.

You also have to take into account that the average person, which is Disney's main target audience, might only make it to WDW every few years. For them P&P parties will be brand new well into 2010.

H20Babie

Personally, I cannot wait for the parties to be extended. Since I can only schedule vacations around school, I cannot go to the other parties and events as they are usually offered during "off peak" seasons.

joanna71985

Now, I love going to the P&P parties. I have attended 3 of them. But I do think they are starting to get out of hand. I liked it better when the parties were just Jan-March, and again Aug/Sept. If Disney has the parties almost every month, they aren't really "special events" anymore. mnsshp is just Sept/Oct. And mvmcp is just Nov/Dec. If the parties get extended til June, it will have been Jan-June.

jt04

does anyone else think disney is lacking in creativeness by having pirate and princess parties for so long during the year. allears just announced that the parties will likely be extended into april, may, and june. just seems like they're just being used as filler now in between the other parties
Yes I agree, you would think they could come up with many other specially themed nightime events throughout the year and not just Halloween, Christmas and P&P.

tpieples

Any More P&P After June??

We are going down in August and would really like to have the opportunity to attend a Pirate & Princess Party.
Does anyone know if there is hope to extend it though this Summer?
P.S.
I like the idea of continuing it. Please don't forget that many of us can't go down every year like those who live closer.
Thanks!

joanna71985

We are going down in August and would really like to have the opportunity to attend a Pirate & Princess Party.
P.S.
I like the idea of continuing it. Please don't forget that many of us can't go down every year like those who live closer.
Thanks!

It doesn't look like it. It looks like the last one will be the June 4th party.

candyman9585

Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party

Disney will probably not extend the Pirate and Princess Party into July and August because Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party begins early this year, which is awesome! The first event is Sept. 5th, and continues through September and October.

Disneykidder

When we went last August, I had my days/meals all planned out before hand. Well, a few weeks before our trip is when they announced the P&PP. It kind of screwed up a couple of our days. Luckily, we were able to change a few reservations around the mornings of while on property. We didn't attend the P&PP bc it was new and we hadn't heard anything about it. I would like to attend this summer when we go but again, I have my meals/days all mapped out and it might interfere again. We did see the fireworks from the GF and it was soooo amazing!:)

disneymomof3

P.S.
Thanks!

i agree with you also, i called and asked supposively its ending in June:(

the-reason14

Anyone besides remember when the Magic Kingdom used to just stay open for the evening during peak season :shrug:

Yea, and I would think they would continue and do that for the summer. YOu mean they are gonna be having that pirate and princess mess in the summer too? Thats just too much, I thought they only started that to get more people in when it was less crowded? Why screw up the packed crowded summer guests. As crowded as it gets, they are gonna close down the Walt Disney World theme park early, the theme park that is visited the most in the world and Disney World, and they're gonna close it early over the peak period? Thats stupid. Even if it is on select nights, I think they are getting carried away with that mess.

tpieples

PP Party

I guess you're right.
But closing the park early for one day a week isn't too much to ask for the local people to put up with.
This way if you're down there for a week, at least you have a chance to experience it.
A Disney vacation during the school year is not an option for everyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom