Trip Report Pineapple Princess Packed Her Patience

Hel-lo there! It's been awhile since my last trip report, so a brief introduction may be in order. Here are the participants in this trip:
IMG_5679.JPG

Myself: PineapplePrincess, a fifth grade teacher who survived this "unprecedented" year.
Hubby: MSUJafar who will go by E in this report. He's been working from home since the beginning of the pandemic and is about to return to the office for a few days a week starting tomorrow.🙌
Our DD23 did not join us for this trip since she got her first "big girl" job and doesn't have vacation time yet.

We stayed at Old Key West. It is our home resort, but we've only stayed there for a weekend trip back in 2011. While we really loved the theming here, transportation was not great. The boat to Disney Springs is currently not running which was a big bummer.
We arrived on June 20 via a car service that provided a stop at Publix. Unfortunately, our room was not quite ready even though it was past 4:00, so we got dropped off with all our stuff at the Hospitality House.
When I checked in, I was told that there was a problem with the room we were originally assigned, but they had another room ready to go for us.
We ended up in room 1310. The building was right across the street from the Hospitality House which was convenient, but not the best for morning buses. More on that later. Here is the view from our room:
DSC05561.JPG

Not bad, I guess? We really don't know since we've never stayed there before. The golf course was closed, so we didn't see any golfers, but E did spot a golf ball which he retrieved. Who says there are no free souvenirs at Disney?! Here's another free souvenir that was on the table when we arrived:
DSC05560.JPG

Nice touch! I didn't get any room pics. :rolleyes: Traveling takes a lot out of us, and we had a dinner reservation to get ready for.
I have no pics, but we went to Bull & Bear at the Waldorf Astoria. It was good, but we probably won't go back because of a "situation" that occurred.
I didn't realize there was a dress code and E wore what he would wear to California Grill: a nice pair of shorts, a golf shirt, and nice leather flip flops. I mean it's summer in Florida...that seems like a reasonable outfit, right? Wrong! The woman who sat us was new, and didn't say a word.
After we were seated, the manager stopped by to inform E that we could stay since we were already seated. However, they don't allow shorts or flip flops so the hostess should not have seated us. He also asked that E not use the restroom during the meal to avoid them being questioned by other diners as to why he was allowed without the proper attire! In hindsight, we probably should have left. We felt like scolded children! However, it had been a long day, we were starving, and we had really been looking forward to this meal. The food was very good, but we were left with a bad taste in our mouths after being scolded.
We skulked out after our meal looking forward to the next day's breakfast at Kona Cafe.

TheMouseFan

Thanks for sharing your trip with us! I've been following along but have been bad about commenting along the way! Glad you guys had a good time and I hope your next trip is great as well! Keep trying for your ADR, I was able to get the Chef Mickey one I wanted the night before on our trip!

DiSnEyF@n

Hel-lo there! It's been awhile since my last trip report, so a brief introduction may be in order. Here are the participants in this trip:
View attachment 569493
Myself: PineapplePrincess, a fifth grade teacher who survived this "unprecedented" year.
Hubby: MSUJafar who will go by E in this report. He's been working from home since the beginning of the pandemic and is about to return to the office for a few days a week starting tomorrow.🙌
Our DD23 did not join us for this trip since she got her first "big girl" job and doesn't have vacation time yet.

We stayed at Old Key West. It is our home resort, but we've only stayed there for a weekend trip back in 2011. While we really loved the theming here, transportation was not great. The boat to Disney Springs is currently not running which was a big bummer.
We arrived on June 20 via a car service that provided a stop at Publix. Unfortunately, our room was not quite ready even though it was past 4:00, so we got dropped off with all our stuff at the Hospitality House.
When I checked in, I was told that there was a problem with the room we were originally assigned, but they had another room ready to go for us.
We ended up in room 1310. The building was right across the street from the Hospitality House which was convenient, but not the best for morning buses. More on that later. Here is the view from our room:
View attachment 569499
Not bad, I guess? We really don't know since we've never stayed there before. The golf course was closed, so we didn't see any golfers, but E did spot a golf ball which he retrieved. Who says there are no free souvenirs at Disney?! Here's another free souvenir that was on the table when we arrived:
View attachment 569503
Nice touch! I didn't get any room pics. :rolleyes: Traveling takes a lot out of us, and we had a dinner reservation to get ready for.
I have no pics, but we went to Bull & Bear at the Waldorf Astoria. It was good, but we probably won't go back because of a "situation" that occurred.
I didn't realize there was a dress code and E wore what he would wear to California Grill: a nice pair of shorts, a golf shirt, and nice leather flip flops. I mean it's summer in Florida...that seems like a reasonable outfit, right? Wrong! The woman who sat us was new, and didn't say a word.
After we were seated, the manager stopped by to inform E that we could stay since we were already seated. However, they don't allow shorts or flip flops so the hostess should not have seated us. He also asked that E not use the restroom during the meal to avoid them being questioned by other diners as to why he was allowed without the proper attire! In hindsight, we probably should have left. We felt like scolded children! However, it had been a long day, we were starving, and we had really been looking forward to this meal. The food was very good, but we were left with a bad taste in our mouths after being scolded.
We skulked out after our meal looking forward to the next day's breakfast at Kona Cafe.
I’m so sorry that happened at the restaurant. I don’t take crap like that from people… I definitely wouldn’t have liked that either. 😔
But you’re on vacation and seems like you made the best of it! Good for you two. 😊

DiSnEyF@n

Tuesday, June 22 MK
We headed to Magic Kingdom this morning and decided that Jungle Cruise would be our first ride of the day. While we arrived before rope drop, we were detained by a chatty PP photographer. He was very nice and teary eyed because apparently today was the first day the opening spiel was played. I cannot confirm if this was a fact.
Jungle Cruise had a posted 10 minute wait, but we ended up waiting 30. :confused: I think they had to run an empty boat because someone threw something in the water.
View attachment 570582View attachment 570583

Skipper Kaitlin was pretty funny. When she told us her name, she looked at her nametag and said, "I'm skipper Niltiak." I don't think anyone who wasn't at the front of the boat realized she was saying her name backwards.
View attachment 570584
A got me these ears for Mother's Day this year, and I just love them. :inlove: The bow snaps on and I also have a silver one. The ears are magnetic so you can change them out.
I had seen on some vlogs that if you should mobile order your meals early in the day because the lunch times sometimes "sell out", so I ordered some chicken nachos from Pecos Bill's with a pick up time of 11:00-11:30 while we were waiting in line for JC.
Pirates was posted at 15 minutes, but we waited 10.
View attachment 570585
Then it was on to Haunted Mansion which was a walk on. Stretching room was in full effect!
View attachment 570586
A works with a guy named Martin, so I think that's why I took this photo. We were given the wrong ride photo for this one.
Philharmagic was next. Our timing was great, we walked in 1 minute before the theater doors opened. There was a lot of ooohing and aaahing, excitement and giggles from the crowd. It brought a tear to my eye!
The DVC kiosk for the scenic selfies was in Tomorrowland, so we made our way over there. I didn't realize that you only have to scan the QR code at one park. :rolleyes: There was no one there anyway, so we were very excited to ride the People Mover with just a 5 minute wait!
View attachment 570587View attachment 570588
A's Mother's Day gift to me from 2020. I received a LOT of compliments on it! She a great gift giver!
View attachment 570589
Buzz was posted at 25 minutes. Actual wait time was 15 minutes. My score was dismal as usual.
It was about time for lunch, so E went to Pecos Bill's while I waited at Westward Ho for some corn dog nuggets. I was treated to some Tink while I was in line.
View attachment 570590
I did not photograph our meal. Still trying to get back into the swing of things I guess.
We’re going in less than 2 weeks and I’m super apprehensive about the quick service. How early did you order from Pecos Bills? Do I need to order lunch at 10am for a noontime lunch? I appreciate your help and I am enjoying your TR! Looking forward to more 😉

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
Thank you for sharing your trip! I will be there around the same time as you (9/24-10/2 for me) - hopefully I spot you! :)
I'll keep a weather eye out for you...I'm nervous about the crowds already!
thanks for your enjoyable trip report! "Everything hurts" is a great name for a drink - Lol!
At my age, I feel like it's something I should drink everyday! 🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom