Pin code logic, still a mystery

DisneyRunner

I believe pin code logic is still difficult to figure out. Here is why. My daughter received a pin code yesterday for the QSDP through 8/14. She should have received this if she doesn't have a vacation planned, right? She does have something already booked. The other reason pin code logic is a mystery is the name on the offer is misspelled by one letter. If Disney uses the mailing lists people put themselves on wouldn't the name be spelled correctly?

NewfieFan

I believe pin code logic is still difficult to figure out. Here is why. My daughter received a pin code yesterday for the QSDP through 8/14. She should have received this if she doesn't have a vacation planned, right? She does have something already booked. The other reason pin code logic is a mystery is the name on the offer is misspelled by one letter. If Disney uses the mailing lists people put themselves on wouldn't the name be spelled correctly?

I'm confused about the whole pin thing too! I really don't think there's any rhyme or reason to it. And I have no idea where they get the names from!?! My father has always been the one to book the vacation and it's always gone in his name. But my mother got a pin code in her email... we don't even know where they got her name or her email from!?! She's not on the internet and barely even checks her email (I actually check it for her).

My husband and I both got a pin code at the same time once (and only once). We have no idea where they got my husband's name or his email. I'm the one to book vacations in this family and I'm the one who uses my email address for all things Disney. My husband has never attached his email to anything Disney related! So, where did they get his email!?!

One of life's little mysteries...

Upvote 0

Tater48

While some at Disney will tell you it is completely random, there are some that will tell you that this is not the case and that there are some people who will never receive one of these pin codes, ever, regardless of the number of visits or trips planned. (No, I'm not talking about CM's or Transportation Drivers:lookaroun, actually some folks in Management)

I for one do not buy the random part of it. We have friends who we travel to Disney with 2 times every year, and he gets at least 6 of these pin codes each and every year. Sometimes more. How random is that, when these trips are always booked under mine and my wife's names?

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

I too already had a trip planned before I received the QSDP pin code. I thought it was weird as well!

Also, my zip code on my email pin code offers doesn't match my actual zip code. When I used my pin code for discounted rooms on this upcoming trip, I had to call them because it kept saying my zip was wrong online. When I tried to log in using the QSDP pin, it wouldn't let me. I ended up not using that one, but my zip code was still wrong. I have checked every Disney site I am signed up with, and my zip code is correct on them all. Weird! :shrug:

Upvote 0

lilclerk

I've gotten about 5 pin offers since January, and I've had a trip booked since then too :lol: 4 of them were room only discounts (all the same % off, but different pin codes) one was for the QSDP.
I've gotten a few in the names of people I've gone with in the past as well, but always to my personal email. :shrug:

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

The Mysteries of PIN offers revelled...

Disney will proactively send PIN Offers (also know as Direct Mail offers) to random Guests by E-mail or postal mail. The mailing will not include a package code, but will include a PIN number with a reminder for the Guest to mention their PIN when calling along with a unique phone number to call. These offers are sent to Guests who have been entered into our household database at any point in time such as those Guests who have...

• Traveled to a Disney Resort anytime in the past (could be any Adult listed in the room)
  • Never been to a Disney Resort but priced a vacation online or by phone
  • Recently ordered a Vacation Planning Video online
  • Has been registered at any Disney operated website (DISNEYWORLD.com, DISNEYLAND.com, ESPN.com, HISTORYCHANNEL.com, FAMILY.com, ABCNEWS.com, etc.)

Some offers may be distributed to Guests who only meet certain criteria such as resident of a select State (FL, GA, NY, etc.) or Country (Canada, Mexico, United Kingdom, etc.) to households with children of a certain age group, or households without children, or maybe those involved in a Disney event (Give a Day - Get a Disney Day, Walt Disney World Marathon, etc.) Some offers may only be distributed to Guest who have not visited Walt Disney World in x number of months/years. Other offers may be sent only to those who currently have a reservation at a specific resort to entice you to upgrade your hotel or package. Still others may have no criteria at all. The only constant factor is the individual choice of Guest names is ALWAYS random.

If you meet the critiria of two different offers, it is possible you may be ramdomly selected for both offers. Also sometimes guests may be selected for an upcoming offers months before it booking window begins, and therfore you were selected before you booked your vacation but not sent the offer until its released date.

PIN offers are always non-transferable. If the guest can verify the name and address on the card and they are either that person, or the spouse of that person AND they currently live at the same address listed in our database, they may take advantage of this offer based on availability. If they do not meet this criteria, the offer cannot be used. Attempting to transfer a PIN offers may result in both the Guests (the one who received the offer and the one who used it) being permanently removed from receiving future PIN offers.

In addition to security reasons, this is another reason why we ask for the correct address of ALL Guest in the room when you book with us. If on a previous reservation you told us that Aunt Sue lived at your address (or has your e-mail address), and later Aunt Sue is selected to recieve a PIN, she would not be able to use it because she does not live at the address in our database, nor would you be able to use is as you are not Aunt Sue.

If a PIN is attached to a Guest's household, but the Guest has not received the PIN offer in the mail, a DRC Cast Member will automatically offer the promotion if it is available for the Guest's requested dates and package. There is never a need to call just to ask us to "check" to see if a PIN offer is listed under your name.

Although many PIN offers will only offer a Room-only offer or a basic Magic Your Way Package, nearly all will allow you to upgrade to a package such as the Magic Your Way Plus Dine or Deluxe Dine. Also like most discount offers, the lead-in rate may only list Value Resorts or Deluxe Villas, but often will include all 24 of our resort hotels, just ask!

Even though offers are non-transferable, depending on the specific offer, you may be able to book up to three rooms using the discount as long as you are staying in one of the rooms, and all three rooms are for the same hotel and travel dates. Note though if the PIN recipient cancels their stay, the other rooms may lose the discount.

Upvote 0

Mikester71

Received one in the mail back in December in my mother-in-law's name, but with our address under it. She always goes with us each trip, but she lives in the U.S. and us in Canada. Plus, I am ALWAYS the one who goes in and books our trips through CAA and signs up for anything Disney related. Random or what!!! :shrug:

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

We have been to WDW about 70 times. Once I went with my adult nieces, instead of my own family, a girls trip, and my address was on the reservation info. I got a pin code at my home with my nieces' name on it. I called and asked if I would qualify and they said I did, even though it has been pointed out many times that the name must match the pin code. So that adds to the mystery, right? Not one other pin code ever. I sign up for the new DVD every year, am signed up on all the websites, etc., etc. I even did a dining/merchandise survey package last year where I had to tally up all those expenses and send the packet back in to Disney and got a $25 Disney gift card for that.

We are annual passholders from Chicago. Don't know if this plays into us never getting a pin or not. I always figure they know I am going with or without any pin code.

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

Wow, JPVonDrake... that explains a lot!

But where did they get my husband's email address from... or do they have cameras inside our house... and you just can't say!?! :lookaroun

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

Also to add to the mystery, my 6 year old daughter received a PIN postcard in the mail last month for the free QSDP offer through June 3. In JP's post he said PIN offers are mailed to adults only.... :shrug: Also our last name was misspelled by one letter ("c" where there should have been an "s"), but otherwise all info was correct.

Upvote 0

Tinkermommy

We have never gotten a pin code. I was wondering why so many people seem to get them and post threads about them. I thought you must have to be an annual passholder to get them, but now it seems from this thread that you don't have to be. I want QSDP too!

Upvote 0

Disney05

I've gotten 2 pin codes recently. We decided to use one. We figured out how much our resort would cost using the Disney web site. When we called to book our room, the numbers were way off. Seems our pin code could not be used on a standard room. We only had a choice of one of the more expensive rooms at the resort.

Upvote 0

fosse76

I've gotten about 5 pin offers since January, and I've had a trip booked since then too :lol: 4 of them were room only discounts (all the same % off, but different pin codes) one was for the QSDP.
I've gotten a few in the names of people I've gone with in the past as well, but always to my personal email. :shrug:

I've gotten a few PIN offers this year as well, but the method of receipt is not consistent. Some I receive through email, others I receive through regular mail. I changed my email that Disney has in its system and ended up getting a PIN in both email accounts (but I compared...it was the same number).

Upvote 0

bugsbunny

After 20+ trips, I was wondering why I never got a PIN offer. I remember reading here that signing up for the vacation planning DVD will probably get you one. So I did and sure enough about a month later,I got a PIN offer in the mail.

I was already booked for a 10 day trip at POR. To use the PIN, I had to rebook at CB. I did that and saved about $400. Then Disney offered free DDP during the time I would be down. So I called and had that tacked onto my trip, too. I saved a bundle!

Unfortunately, my stay at CBR was problem plagued to say the least. WDW did compensate me for all my troubles, but next time I will be more keen on staying at a different hotel if I get a PIN again.

Upvote 0

wdwwdeagle

The only 2 pin codes I've ever received were when I already had a trip booked, and after I had already purchased and used my Annual Pass. I did use at least one of them to change my reservation to take advantage of the Pin code offer. They were both sent soon after I had gone into the online booking system and "saved" some vacation offers. So you might try that.

On a humorous note.... about 6 weeks ago the church I work for received (at the church mailing address) a beautiful large envelope from Disney with an awesome pin code offer inside. The pin code offer was addressed to a woman no one at the church has ever even heard of.....

Extremely odd, and dang, I wish I could have used that pin code!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom