Pictures of the backstage area of ToT

BruceWayne

Original Poster
this is nothing that exciting but i thought some of you might enjoy seeing this. i was recently in mgm waiting on my fastpass time to rnr with my wife and brother, and noticed the ralphs world area next to the queue for rnr. i had never seen this area before so i went wandering over there and lo and behold there was little to no barricade or barrier between backstage ToT and the ralphs world area. so naturally i stepped back there and snapped a quick couple of pics. nothing exciting, but i had never seen back there so i thought id share. its always interesting to see what the areas they dont want you to see, look like.

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

Cmdr_Crimson

Cool pics! I've wondered if the back part of the structure was used as office space or for even a crazier thought to put a suite like cindy's castle...It'd be cool and creepy.

TheDisneyMagic

Nice, thanks for going there and getting them shots, it is nice to see the area, I wonder what they are keeping in the little garage like building next to ToT?

brkgnews

Neat pix. By the way... notice how the "windows" stop about halfway down. The non-windowed area is below the treeline, meaning it is not viewable by guests and is therefore unthemed.

coasterphil

Nice, thanks for going there and getting them shots, it is nice to see the area, I wonder what they are keeping in the little garage like building next to ToT?

My guess would be parts, but I don't know. Backstage areas really aren't as exciting as you guys would like to believe. The most interesting thing is being in the park after its been cleared or before it opens, that's pretty cool. Backstage though, not terribly interesting.

WDWKat26

So, i'm curious. What part of "Backstage area is for Cast Members only" does not make sense to you? So what if there's no barricade, that's still a restricted area and you're lucky you weren't caught back there. If you were you could have been thrown out of the park.

Jerm

So, i'm curious. What part of "Backstage area is for Cast Members only" does not make sense to you? So what if there's no barricade, that's still a restricted area and you're lucky you weren't caught back there. If you were you could have been thrown out of the park.

Oh come on Kat, just because that is our life back there where we don't have to worry about people sneaking back and taking pictures of us when we are on break does not mean that they shouldn't do it. He has ever right to go to the backstage areas and do what ever he likes, its not like his ticket will get taken away or kick off prop if caught.

J

WDWKat26

Oh come on Kat, just because that is our life back there where we don't have to worry about people sneaking back and taking pictures of us when we are on break does not mean that they shouldn't do it. He has ever right to go to the backstage areas and do what ever he likes, its not like his AP will get taken away or anything.

J

You're kidding right? Cast Members aren't even allowed backstage on their off days, no Guest has a right to go backstage, even you should know that. If they get hurt back there, or god forbid see something they shouldn't be seeing (i've had it happen) then they can get in serious trouble.

Austin1

yikes!?

I always cut though backstage on my days off. No one every told me I couldn't and I never got in trouble, just as long as I had my ID lanyard on.

coasterphil

I always cut though backstage on my days off. No one every told me I couldn't and I never got in trouble, just as long as I had my ID lanyard on.

If you have your ID visible you shouldn't have a problem as they can't know if you are heading to your location or just walking around. If they do start to question you just tell them you didn't know that and it shouldn't be a problem. I doubt they are going to go after you for it.

Wilt Dasney

You're kidding right? Cast Members aren't even allowed backstage on their off days, no Guest has a right to go backstage, even you should know that. If they get hurt back there, or god forbid see something they shouldn't be seeing (i've had it happen) then they can get in serious trouble.

(He was agreeing with you) :lookaroun

BruceWayne

Original Poster

first, thanks for the comments everyone! i thought you might enjoy seeing a little behind the magic!

second, while i understand your concern kat, i assure you i was not as backstage as you think i was. i was literally 2 steps away from the ralphs area. in fact, ralph was talking to my wife while i turned around, took two steps and boom i was there. i mean i dont know what its like now but there was literally little to no effort made to disguise anything. plus i didnt see any signs, so i could feign ignorance :goodnevil

Wilt Dasney

first, thanks for the comments everyone! i thought you might enjoy seeing a little behind the magic!

second, while i understand your concern kat, i assure you i was not as backstage as you think i was. i was literally 2 steps away from the ralphs area. in fact, ralph was talking to my wife while i turned around, took two steps and boom i was there. i mean i dont know what its like now but there was literally little to no effort made to disguise anything. plus i didnt see any signs, so i could feign ignorance :goodnevil

Don't apologize or explain, man. You did it and got away with it. It's not the end of the world. Now you can see for yourself what a snooze most of backstage is. :lol:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

:veryconfu

This isn't national security we're talking about here.

I think this being blown a little out of proportion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom