PICTURE: Casey Splash n Soak Open

hpyhnt 1000

BTW, there are fences on most roundhouse turntables. It allows for the engineer to inspect train position without falling.

You're right. Just did a quick search and a majority of the turntables shown had some kind of railing.

As to the play area as a whole, its pretty nice looking! Judging from the video, the kids obviously love it, and there is a surprising amount of water being squirted around. Overall, I say nice job. :cool:

beachlover4444

Please, stop complaining about every little thing. First the circus tent interactive area, now the fence around the train engine. Would you rather they had no fence, some kid climbs up, falls off, and sues WDW, and they end up taking out the whole train (see Tigger's bouncy area), or put the protective fence in from day? WDW is in the midst of a very large improvement project and I swear people are complaining about the smallest detail (i.e. " Gee, the new ride is great, but did you see that the pebble in the third scene was out of alignment by 1 cm?"). Enough!:mad:

beachlover4444

they do not want them climbing into the train but little ones today when it opened were already squeezing through the fence to get in there. it's not meant to be climbed in and on. it shoots out water, that's it. now castmembers are posted there to keep kids out. second dumbo to open at earliest next week. castmembers being trained this weekend on how to handle the new dumbo stand by queue tent procedures. first dumbo may go down for a little maintenance. water wall is rubbing on dumbo. merch tent is not ready to open yet but pooh meet and greet area opened today as well.

beachlover4444

by the way warning to everyone, alot of stuff back there/fencing etc is metal and hotter than hades. so watch out so you dont get a burn when you put your hands down.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
they do not want them climbing into the train but little ones today when it opened were already squeezing through the fence to get in there. it's not meant to be climbed in and on. it shoots out water, that's it. now castmembers are posted there to keep kids out. second dumbo to open at earliest next week. castmembers being trained this weekend on how to handle the new dumbo stand by queue tent procedures. first dumbo may go down for a little maintenance. water wall is rubbing on dumbo. merch tent is not ready to open yet but pooh meet and greet area opened today as well.

This contradicts what was said by someone earlier in this thread. The post from mvieguy indicates that it IS meant to be climbed on, but would be supervised by a CM.

talked to a cast member in the SBC area, he said that Casey's train is accessible, however a Cast member will be there at all times, so kids dont get hurt or climb on the wrong parts, the front gates open, and kids can sit in the engine and press buttons and what not to make noises. however when a cast member is not available, the gate is shut

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Nice little detail that each train car is numbered for one of the years a park opened in WDW... saw 71, 82 & 98 on the video.

Great catch didn't even notice that. Looking back at the videos, all four dates are there...

Elephants - 71 - Magic Kingdom
Monkeys - 82 - Epcot
Giraffe's - 89 - DHS
Camels - 98 - Animal Kingdom

ToTBellHop

Please, stop complaining about every little thing. First the circus tent interactive area, now the fence around the train engine. Would you rather they had no fence, some kid climbs up, falls off, and sues WDW, and they end up taking out the whole train (see Tigger's bouncy area), or put the protective fence in from day? WDW is in the midst of a very large improvement project and I swear people are complaining about the smallest detail (i.e. " Gee, the new ride is great, but did you see that the pebble in the third scene was out of alignment by 1 cm?"). Enough!:mad:
No. I'll stop complaining when we get something of this quality at WDW:
CarsLand_RadiatorSpringsRacers02.jpg

It is insulting to me for Disney to try and make a big deal out of this cheap, moderately-themed spray park when the above opens the same day across the country. TWDC needs to stop playing games in Florida.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom