Pics of the YETI

xdx

EpcotServo said:
Best place to see the yeti is in the front car at night.

That reminds me, are they setup to have wait lines for the front and back seats, wait in whatever row you want, or do the CM's assign you a row?

Dwayne

brkgnews

schro513 said:
Is it just me, or does the Yeti favor Joe Rohde a bit???? :)
It's uncanny, really. There is a grand tradition of sculpting AAs and other elements to resemble Imagineers. So why not? If ever Joe Rohde had a love child, this ride was it. :D

Connor002

Not bad... but I refuse to give Jim Hill credit.
He's just hosting the picture; I doubt he actually took it...

Either way, I wish more photo's like this would leak, especially some backstage things...

LSUxStitch

It has very beautiful BLUE eyes! :)

Since it is hunched over, is the size that has been stated before, in hunched state, or if he was standing?

EpcotServo

xdx said:
That reminds me, are they setup to have wait lines for the front and back seats, wait in whatever row you want, or do the CM's assign you a row?

Dwayne
They don't have a system in place due to the fact that all the seats are pretty much perfect. I'm sure if the crowds weren't too bad they could try to give you the seat you want. It's too random to have a kind of system for it.
And trust me, the more you guys look at pictures of the yeti and on-ride and nitpick at it, the less likely you'll enjoy the ride when you get there. Try to avoid spoilers, and have no strong feelings toward or against the ride. just be laid back, and enjoy the ride. You don't enjoy it, fine....You don't have to ride it again. I just hate it when people start reviewing things they haven't seen. like the Yeti, He looks way better in person. Expedition: Everest is a ride to be seen in person....Not from pictures or videos....
(Oh and Jose, why don't you like the fact you get close to him? I love that part. And if you ever get in the front car, when you come to this part, look up!:D Scary, no?)

xdx

EpcotServo said:
They don't have a system in place due to the fact that all the seats are pretty much perfect. I'm sure if the crowds weren't too bad they could try to give you the seat you want. It's too random to have a kind of system for it.
And trust me, the more you guys look at pictures of the yeti and on-ride and nitpick at it, the less likely you'll enjoy the ride when you get there. Try to avoid spoilers, and have no strong feelings toward or against the ride. just be laid back, and enjoy the ride. You don't enjoy it, fine....You don't have to ride it again. I just hate it when people start reviewing things they haven't seen. like the Yeti, He looks way better in person. Expedition: Everest is a ride to be seen in person....Not from pictures or videos....
(Oh and Jose, why don't you like the fact you get close to him? I love that part. And if you ever get in the front car, when you come to this part, look up!:D Scary, no?)

Servo,
Thanks for the info, I was just curious. Alot of times, bi-directional coasters have separate wait lines for front and back (track switch or direction switch) but to my knowledge, RNR is the only Disney coaster set up like this and was just planning ahead. I am sure that wherever we sit will rock but I always like to ride the front seat if I can the first time I ride like RNR... It's kind of like being on the front row for a rock concert (maybe a high five to the Yeti...:eek: ....errrrr.... maybe not.....)

D

Montu

Yeti & Nemo: Brothers?

Look at the first picture on (awful) Jim Hill's website.

They both have one big fin and one gimpy fin!

admats130

"Look at the top left corner, see anything?
Looks like a warehouse roof to me. Look at the set above the yeti, looks like its disassembled. Maybe this was taken long before the ride was all-together?"

Almost all Disney rides are essentially in decorated warehouses. If you look at the back of Everest (plainly visible from Osceola), it looks like a regular building with a mountain built in front of it. The roof visible in that picture is most likely the roof of the building. They would also logically have to build some extra protection around the room where the Yeti is. Disney wouldn't want to risk leaving such an expensive peice of equipment unprotected from the elements. As for why it's visible, consider that this scene is usually in the dark. The roof would not be visible without lighting. Disney wouldn't waste money decorating something that peope couldn't see anyway.

Get off Jim Hill's back. People on these boards are way too obessed with him.

tomm4004

Jose Eber said:
This is wrong on so many levels.

Cast strictly forbade taking pictures. I hope Jim gets banned from all Disney parks.

What an (unethical) jerk.

J.

p.s. btw, the yeti looks better -- it has better lighting that that flash.
I'm curious. You object to his displaying the picture; but you have no reservations viewing it.

Personally, I've decided not to look at it. I'd like it to be a surprise.

JT3000

STR8FAN2005 said:
That is incorrect. You are the weakest link, goodbye!

I'm serious. He looks like something you'd see in Looney Toons. I seriously doubt I'll find him scary when I ride. :snore:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom