Picnic in the Park

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Original Poster
In all the post trip mayhem I forgot to put up a post highlighting one little ray of sunshine on the otherwise bleak WDW outlook.

That is the counter service option of Picnic in the Park. I thought it offered excelent value and the food quality was very good for that type of fayre. We opted for the second tier and had the chicken, the wedges were pretty tasty too.

The weather made seating a premium, but I imagine that in warmer dryer times that finding a space to dine would be easier as you wouldnt be competing with folk just looking for shelter.

Nice little bag too.

wdwwdeagle

I agree, Pumbas. It's a pleasant surprise to hear that you enjoyed PITP! grin.

We also enjoyed the picnic (chicken option) in September, and will probably do it again on our trip in a couple weeks. More than enough food, I thought. Will probably order for 3 next time, instead of 4.

IMHO, Flame Tree and PITP are the two best CS options in AK.

disneypearl

I am glad that you enjoyed PITP! I can't wait to try this and thankfully I don't have to wait too long. I'll be there in a little less than a week!

DizneyPryncess

Glad you like it! We didn't do it last time because I swear there wasn't a meal for only 2. I may have read it wrong, but it was the week it premiered and I thought it was for parties of 3 or more. We could still order it but it would have been too much food. Now the meal for 2 seems perfect! Will have to try next time. :)

MissM

Glad you like it! We didn't do it last time because I swear there wasn't a meal for only 2. I may have read it wrong, but it was the week it premiered and I thought it was for parties of 3 or more. We could still order it but it would have been too much food. Now the meal for 2 seems perfect! Will have to try next time. :)
They didn't have a meal for 2 when it first started. I don't remember when they added it but I remember reading about it later on that they wised up and made a two person offering.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom