PI Construction

VillanovaBlue

Original Poster
Already did a search, but didn't turn up any recent threads on the construction at PI...anyone been lately that has an update?

frangi

Pi?

I'm going in 4 weeks and was wondering the same question. Any news has anyone been there in the last month or so?

PS- They beter not touch the AC!!

TarzanRocked99-

As of 2 days ago, the new bridge connecting to the West Side is open, all of the shops except for Harley Davidson are closed still, They have now boarded up everything on the 8 tracks side of the island from up by the Comedy Wharehouse down to around PI Live and the old carnival games area. There is a new stone pavement that they are using that is really nice, however it does not match up to the existing level of the clubs so new stairways have been installed. Check this out by the R&R Beachclub you have to go down a short flight of stairs to get to the stairs to go up to the main entrance, weird and annoying and someone who is overly intoxicated will probably fall. You have to walk around Ragland Road over towards Motion to get to the main part of the island as the center is now under construction and both 8 trax and Comedy Wharehouse were loading in from the backside.

Hope that helps.

metscool

They beter not touch the AC!!
No they did not touch the AC. It is still there. I am there every weekend I am at the first show of the comedy club and then go to the AC for until the Hoopla and then watch the last show of the comedy warehouse.

The PI area is still being worked on. The old bridge is gone. There are some walls up around 8trax and the near the entence of the comedy warehouse. But they are all open.

VillanovaBlue

Original Poster
Sounds like they're moving right along...I'll be down in mid-December, so I'm sure there will be plenty more progress by then as well...thanks everyone (well, all two of you anyway :)) for the info!!

PKD

When does the new 21 and up only rule go into effect? I wonder what all the 18-20 year olds will do once they can't get into Motion or the other clubs.:sohappy:

Craig & Lisa

I'm going in 4 weeks and was wondering the same question. Any news has anyone been there in the last month or so?

PS- They beter not touch the AC!!
I second that, I'll be there in 10 days and that is one place I'm going to introduce to my in-laws. And the whole family has a great time there, and you don't have to drink to have a good time!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :D :D

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
No they did not touch the AC. It is still there. I am there every weekend I am at the first show of the comedy club and then go to the AC for until the Hoopla and then watch the last show of the comedy warehouse.

The PI area is still being worked on. The old bridge is gone. There are some walls up around 8trax and the near the entence of the comedy warehouse. But they are all open.

HOOPLA!!!!!!!!! (Sorry, couldn't resist!)

tirian

^^ An entire thread is devoted to that debate. :)

According to a member of PI management, their biggest concern is that the Island attracts more CPs than anyone else. Locals rarely go to PI, and most visiting Guests simply don't find time for it anymore. PI is also much tamer than the clubs at Church Street Station, and that's where tourists are now flocking. On top of those issues, WDW's immense expansion has, in a way, made PI less of a must-see for Guests who have spent all day trecking the parks.

In my opinion, Disney should get out of the dance club business altogether, and focus more on nightlife like Jellyrolls, ESPN, and the Adventurer's Club. These aren't the disco 70s and dance hits 80s, and clubs in general have developed a much different reputation. But I'm too tired to go into my reasoning...:snore:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Where's that thread?

If they fix the walkway issue between Marketplace and PI, they'll fix 99% of their Guest-flow problems. Too bad the current redesign only concentrates on the West Side entry.

VillanovaBlue

Original Poster
Where's that thread?

If they fix the walkway issue between Marketplace and PI, they'll fix 99% of their Guest-flow problems. Too bad the current redesign only concentrates on the West Side entry.

That, and if they stopped charging to get into the clubs, that would bring much more business...think about it...if you're a local, why would you go somewhere and pay $20 bucks to get in, and then pay $6 a beer? Fine if they want to charge for tourists who are "on property" and add it to their park tickets, but the entry fee is what is keeping a lot of the locals away, and even the guests who are tired of paying yet another admission for something...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
That, and if they stopped charging to get into the clubs, that would bring much more business...think about it...if you're a local, why would you go somewhere and pay $20 bucks to get in, and then pay $6 a beer? Fine if they want to charge for tourists who are "on property" and add it to their park tickets, but the entry fee is what is keeping a lot of the locals away, and even the guests who are tired of paying yet another admission for something...

I have to agree. If they stopped with the cover charges they would definately do more business.
No cover charge would destroy PI. By charging a cover charge they weed out people that would go to PI and not spend a dime. Sure there would be tons more people there but many of them would just be hanging out and not spending any money. If a local likes PI an AP is only $55 per year. WDW is not really concerned about locals. There bread is buttered by the out of town tourists and that is who they are going to try and please.

Tirian had the right idea. Disney needs to get out of the dance club business and focus on clubs of the AC and CW ilk.

LuLaSue

No cover charge would destroy PI. By charging a cover charge they weed out people that would go to PI and not spend a dime. Sure there would be tons more people there but many of them would just be hanging out and not spending any money. If a local likes PI an AP is only $55 per year. WDW is not really concerned about locals. There bread is buttered by the out of town tourists and that is who they are going to try and please.

Tirian had the right idea. Disney needs to get out of the dance club business and focus on clubs of the AC and CW ilk.

I think the cover charge turns the tourist off. You pay a more than fair price to get into the parks why not leave the doors of the clubs open for free. After a day in the parks its nice to go to PI for a drink and a bit of nightlife but, with a $20 cover?:veryconfu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom