Photos

Merlin

Account Suspended
Originally posted by DogsRule!
Those are some great pics! It really makes me excited to finally go to the original in...68 days!

Thanks! I know, I can't wait for my next visit either!

Merlin

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Alberrisford
lol!!!

same here!!!

I think its called the maliboomer, but i could be wrong :)

Yes you're correct, it is the Maliboomer! And an awesome ride I might add! A little carnival-ish for a Disney park, but still a great ride. No Tower of Terror though!

dianedisney

:sohappy: Great photos Merlin show us some more.....wish I had you with me when I flew to DLR on The Spirit of Disneyland plane in December. My photos turned out really crummy.

Elaine

Pictures

I have never been to DL so I really enjoyed seeing it. Pictures are great. Makes me want to go. The only thing that keeps me away is the price of the airline tickets. I'm told the trip itself is way cheaper that WDW. When I see the price of the airline tickets I always think how many extra days I could stay in Fla. and change the trip. Thanks again for the peek at DL.

Al

Original Poster
When we were there, we were having a discussion what those plastic screens are for infront of you on the maliboomer. We thought it could be to deflect some of the air flow off the face, and also that if someone was sick, it wouldnt go everywhere!!! :lol: anyone have any ideas?

this would have been good if i had held the camera straight!

Attachments

• cimg0018 (small).jpg
    cimg0018 (small).jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 111

Al

Original Poster
My photos I took with a normal camera should be back 2 day or tomorrow. I will try and scan some good ones in. The software that came with my scanner does not allow me just to select the area that the photo is in, and save it. Does anyone know any free software that I could use to do this? thanks very much :D

Al

Original Poster
very similar to a previous shot, just taken at a different moment :)

Attachments

• cimg0013 (small).jpg
    cimg0013 (small).jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 107

Maria

Originally posted by Merlin
Well heck! What fun would YOU be at the parks?? (LOL) Will you at least ride Space Mountain?

Ha! I can get on any ride that it is indoors... I love RnRC and ToT, (Space Mountain is just "ok" because it is too bumpy), but the thought of getting into some fast and high ride outdoors just freaks me out. :(

:animwink:

ToTBellHop

The plastic screens on MaliBOOMer are called "Scream Shields". They serve the same purpose as the tunnels on California Screamin'...keep the screams from leaving the park (noise pollution ordinances).

As for plane tickets, they are still quite cheap. They cost as much as it used to cost to go to Orlando. Fly jetBlue...amazing air carrier, and it's just $350 (with all applicable taxes) to go to Disneyland (round trip) through September. Orlando is now down to about $215, both ways. I realize $350 is no chump change, but it is much less than the $450-$500 it used to cost round trip...

Al

Original Poster
The plastic screens on MaliBOOMer are called "Scream Shields". They serve the same purpose as the tunnels on California Screamin'...keep the screams from leaving the park (noise pollution ordinances).

wow! i guess we were all wrong! lol! I thought that the tunnels on CS were just for added effect...............they are to keep in the screams? wow! how come they dont have them on the rest of the ride?

thanks for the info! :)

SirNim

Scream shields... Hmm... That makes sense... THey can't be made out of just plastic then? THere must be some sort of high-density composite material if all it is desgined to do is absorb and reflect sounds...:dazzle:

dianedisney

Dogsrule is correct. When we did a hardhat tour of the park before it opened they told us they were noise reduction shields. As are the blue barriers on Screamin.

ToTBellHop

If you study Anaheim enough, you realize that they really do not like California Adventure, and have not supported it from the start. That is why, for example, they cannot have fireworks at this park. Anaheim didn't want fireworks from both parks. As for the Scream Tubes, they are found on the three highest hills on the roller coaster. It is at these heights that loud guest screams are most likely to exit the park. This is also why the tubes are open on the side facing the park. Disney wants the screams in the park; Anaheim wants them to STAY in the park.

DCA Fan

So THAT'S what those things are for! I thought they were puke shields, so if someone decided to spew chunks they wouldn't go flying out to the park! :hurl:

Merlin

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Maria
Ha! I can get on any ride that it is indoors... I love RnRC and ToT, (Space Mountain is just "ok" because it is too bumpy), but the thought of getting into some fast and high ride outdoors just freaks me out. :(

:animwink:

Well, you gotta ride OUR Space Mountain! It is a much smoother ride!

Here's a shot of it where I had some fun with PhotoShop...

Attachments

• untitled-1.jpg
    untitled-1.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 74

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by Merlin
Well, you gotta ride OUR Space Mountain! It is a much smoother ride!

Here's a shot of it where I had some fun with PhotoShop...

smoother, faster, has more inside the building [e.g. big red sphere (don't know what it represents)], and the great soundtrack (when it is working)...great ride.

Merlin

Account Suspended
[e.g. big red sphere (don't know what it represents)],

Early descriptions of Space Mountain refer to it as a "geodesic satellite". Not sure what exactly that is,...But it IS cool how you kind of circle it right before you "blast off"!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom