Photos

Al

Original Poster
Originally posted by Merlin
Well, you gotta ride OUR Space Mountain! It is a much smoother ride!

Here's a shot of it where I had some fun with PhotoShop...

I agree...........the DL space mountain is way better than its wdw counterpart! They are still both great, but i prefer the dl version!:D Has the DL one recently been rehabbed? When we were queing inside, it looked brand new! way to go disney!:sohappy:

ToTBellHop

Not sure how much was rehabed, but they recently redid the on ride audio. Apparently, it had been breaking a lot (the audio), so the coaster would run without it (same time California Screamin's audio was having trouble). So, in addition to fixing that, they updated the music...redigitalized it and added some kewl new sound effects that sound...kind of like aliens chewing into your spaceship, among other sounds. Pretty kewl.

DCA Fan

SM Rehab

The most recent rehab of SM had the entire station redone, that's why it looked new. Music was remastered and attempted to be reinstalled onto the trains but that failed, so they bought new trains. The new trains were supposed to have been installed last September, but rumor is that they're waiting for THIS year's more extensive rehab, which should include a revamping of the aging track and supports, new cars, and possibly a tie-in to the movie "Lilo and Stitch"

DCA Fan

As of now, there is no music, the cars were having too many problems. They've abandoned trying to fix them, b/c the new trains are already @ the maintenance shop, just waiting to be installed. I'm much more partial to Marty Sklar (WDI)'s idea of replacing DL's SM track w/ DLP's.

ToTBellHop

Does California Screamin' still have its music working? I had heard it was having problems too. I'll be a bit annoyed if both aren't working when I go in...65 days.

Al

Original Poster
Originally posted by DogsRule!
Does California Screamin' still have its music working? I had heard it was having problems too. I'll be a bit annoyed if both aren't working when I go in...65 days.

It was working when i was there!!! dec 22nd :D

DCA Fan

I haven't heard any news recently, but the CS cars are notorious for having failing audio. Usually 1/2 the trains work, so listen to them as they enter. And don't worry, you can always ride it several times. The ride averages (in my experience) a 15-20 min line, sometimes as short as walk-on.

ToTBellHop

okay, so I'll at least hear the audio during my trip...I have six park days (quite a bit for the Resort's size, but it's our first trip; want to do it right:) ).

Egged

I know SM DL is a better ride, but I hate that exterior, trains, and the music. WHY CAN'T THE SADDER WDW VERSION GET THE REHAB?

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by Egged
I know SM DL is a better ride, but I hate that exterior, trains, and the music. WHY CAN'T THE SADDER WDW VERSION GET THE REHAB?

You don't like the music? I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but you are the first person I've heard say that. By the way, Disney World's version did get a rehab a few years back...not as kewl as Disneyland's, but it still got one.

Egged

Our rehab was new trains, that is it.It's in horrible condition, to the point where WDW is actaully being cheated. lol Well, I think that the SM DL music just sucks.No offense, I know many people like it.But, the track layout in my opinion is no better, but it's darker, you can actaully hold your hands up, and the effects ALMOST work.:animwink:

Al

Original Poster
Originally posted by Egged
Our rehab was new trains, that is it.It's in horrible condition, to the point where WDW is actaully being cheated. lol Well, I think that the SM DL music just sucks.No offense, I know many people like it.But, the track layout in my opinion is no better, but it's darker, you can actaully hold your hands up, and the effects ALMOST work.:animwink:

I put my hands up! But at times i put them down because i thought they were gonna hit something! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom