PHOTOS - Step inside new Fantasyland's Enchanted Forest

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I've never actually looked at pics of the Asian ones. They do look great now that I've looked. I guess at this point I'm a bit resigned to the fact that it's just going to look that way whether I like it or not, as unfortunate as that is. Can you imagine the hissy fit that would occur if Disney actually did decide to change up the look of the castle?

Yeah, can you imagine if, for example, they turned the castle into a giant birthday cake, people would go crazy! Fourtunetly that's not likely to happen. ;)

ExtinctJenn

Yeah, can you imagine if, for example, they turned the castle into a giant birthday cake, people would go crazy! Fourtunetly that's not likely to happen. ;)
I remember when it was repainted a few years ago and looked pink. I don't mean it looked pink if you looked at it from a certain direction... the thing was pink! I dunno that I went crazy but man I couldn't stop saying "IT'S PINK!!" the entire trip! LOL! :D

lazyboy97o

I disagree. An opinion is a statement not of fact, but of personal thought. There is no way to justify validity except in the eye of the beholder. Considering I was essentially sticking up for you I'm not sure I see the argument.
How an opinion is formed gives them different weight. It's why I mentioned seeing a lawyer when feeling ill. You ask a lawyer for opinions on law, a doctor for opinions of medicine and so on. Its not an issue of right or wrong so much as one of weight, but even opinions can be wrong especially if they lack a solid basis. So while I appreciate you trying to stick up for me, the basis is one I very much dislike. I will leave the decision regarding the weight of my opinions to those reading, but I will not claim it equal to all.

wannab@dis

I've never actually looked at pics of the Asian ones. They do look great now that I've looked. I guess at this point I'm a bit resigned to the fact that it's just going to look that way whether I like it or not, as unfortunate as that is. Can you imagine the hissy fit that would occur if Disney actually did decide to change up the look of the castle?
Why would they change it? For 1 person out of a million that thinks it looks 'plastic'? Let's be reasonable.

bubbles1812

Why would they change it? For 1 person out of a million that thinks it looks 'plastic'? Let's be reasonable.

Ahh wannab... always twisting my words around. :rolleyes: Did I ever say in either of my posts that I thought it was going to be changed? Or even that it should be changed to meet "my demands"? Or that I actually had any demands to begin with that it be changed (There are are other things that I care about way more than the color of the castle)? No... there was nothing in my post about any of that. I wasn't trying to demand or say they should change it. There was nothing in my posts that wasn't reasonable.

bubbles1812

Heh. I was thinking of this when I said "imagine the hissy fit"... I never even minded the pink castle but boy was it amusing to read comments about it.

wannab@dis

Ahh wannab... always twisting my words around. :rolleyes: Did I ever say in either of my posts that I thought it was going to be changed? Or even that it should be changed to meet "my demands"? Or that I actually had any demands to begin with that it be changed (There are are other things that I care about way more than the color of the castle)? No... there was nothing in my post about any of that. I wasn't trying to demand or say they should change it. There was nothing in my posts that wasn't reasonable.
No twisting necessary or done.

bubbles1812

No twisting necessary or done.

You implied I was demanding that the castle be changed simply because I think it looks plastic... I realize I am the minority view and again, I don't really take issue with it or mind it. Some people think it looks like real rock even though it's fake rock. I think it's fake rock that looks fake. *shrug* I don't expect it to change nor am I demanding or hoping it changes. There are much bigger problems going on at WDW that I care about much much more than the color of the castle, which I don't think is an actual probalem per se. It's just fake looking to me.

Disneykidder

People are posting pictures all over the internet (lucky!!!!) and the new commercial on TV has some peeks, too. I am so excited to see it!!:D August can't come soon enough!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom