PHOTOS - New improved Epcot Christmas Tree now on display

aladdin2007

Saw the tree today, looked pretty bla, and shorter I guess due to the fact it now sits on the ground instead of up on a stage. Hopefully at night its lookling nice but during the day not much to look at. Seems like there are a lot less ornaments on it as well and there is def no decor around it. Maybe they arent done.

Mr.MouseFan

Did they actually add another level, or just bring the whole setup down to the ground? It is hard to tell from the pictures, but the top looks lower than last year from what I remember.

I was thinking the same thing. Looks like they just shortened the tree to bring it down to the ground. :shrug:

aladdin2007

The AA Xmas tree is in a new location this year with just plants around it and again no trains for this year either.

Yep its been moved way over to the far right. Certainly is not as beautiful or stands out as it did in the middle. And it just has basic plants around it. Each year this park does less and less little by little.

COProgressFan

Looks nice. There are several nice updates to the Christmas decorations this year (Osborne lights look great!).

Noticed a pattern:

1) Disney made progressive cuts to holiday offerings
2) Over the last couple years, the fan base has finally become vocal over their distaste of these reductions
3) Now we are seeing additions and updates made

Hopefully, holding Disney to their standards in other areas (and complimenting them when we notice an improvement) can produce similar results elsewhere.

What are the additions and updates being made this year? Seriously, am I missing something?

Aside from the Magic, Memories and You holiday castle show, what is new or updated?

TheDisneyMagic

Thanks, you had to bring that up! Well we know that will not be back since MK does no have a theater to show it anymore. :hammer: It was no broadway caliber show, but it was cute and festive and it really was nice to sit down during the MVMCP and enjoy the show. At least we have stitch now.

:eek: had to, it was our favourite part of Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, although Totally Tomorrowland Christmas features some good (contemporary) dancing, it didn't have the same Christmas feel as Twas the night.

Does any one know if they kept the set or was it all scrapped with the Galaxy Palace Theatre?

midwest_mice

I have been to WDW the last 3 years in January when the Christmas decor was still up. I have to say, the definately haven't added too much over the last 3 years. With ticket prices going up every year, they should be able to afford a few new Christmas things here and there. I still think Epcot is missing out on even bigger crowds by not having the Lights of Winter.

freediverdude

I only have one comment on this. If Disney wants me to go back to Epcot during the holidays, then they have to bring back the Lights of Winter, or replace it with something equally spectacular. Period, end of story, 'nuff said.

aladdin2007

What are the additions and updates being made this year? Seriously, am I missing something?

Aside from the Magic, Memories and You holiday castle show, what is new or updated?

Nothing. There has been some updates/changes to the Osborne Lights which are getting good reviews, but beyond that and the memories castle show, nothing. Especially at Epcot, even less. Although they still arent totally done yet I dont think. But the tree is anything but improved in my opinion.

wdw71fan

Whats more is that some people here actually think the fanboi whining and complaining makes a difference what TDO/WDI or Glendale do.. They listen to marketing surveys within the parks, thats it..

Blogs, Online petitions, mailed in letters... etc etc etc.... They don't factor in, and never will.

COProgressFan

Whats more is that some people here actually think the fanboi whining and complaining makes a difference what TDO/WDI or Glendale do.. They listen to marketing surveys within the parks, thats it..

Blogs, Online petitions, mailed in letters... etc etc etc.... They don't factor in, and never will.

I wasn't trying to be snarky in my comment, I truly wasn't sure if I was missing something. From everything I've seen it doesn't look like there is much in the way of new or upgraded holiday offerings this year.

I don't know what you mean about Disney not caring about guest complaints, but it was guest complaints (and the financial impact of said complaints) that led to a major turnaround in Disneyland over the past 7 or so years. So on some level it does matter.

Also, you indicate that they are only interested in marketing surveys in the parks...but if that's true, they're only considering people who've already made the decision to visit. It says nothing about all the folks who don't visit (and the reasons why), and I would imagine they would want to increase the number of visitors.

wdw71fan

And the electrical problems for the Epcot tree continue (notice the strobes in the center of the tree aren't working). You'd think that since they literally do nothing else in terms of decoration at Epcot for the holidays they could get the tree working right. :brick:

nope..

The strobes fire in all locations every 2 feet, in a staggered S pattern, repeating every 4 feet..

they are firing in that video, don't let the ability of a cheap camera fool you.

TheDisneyMagic

Someone from TDO is probably reading this and thinking "they consider it good enough, why bother replacing the Lights of Winter".

Oh by no means in my opinion is it good enough, just saying it looks better than last year. I am totally against the removal of LoW just like we refuse to attend the Christmas parties in the Magic Kingdom anymore after all of the cut backs with Shows and Photos.

donaldfan

I only have one comment on this. If Disney wants me to go back to Epcot during the holidays, then they have to bring back the Lights of Winter, or replace it with something equally spectacular. Period, end of story, 'nuff said.

DITTO -- actually if they want my $$ during the holidays at all, not just EPCOT, they need to bring back LOW.

hpyhnt 1000

nope..

The strobes fire in all locations every 2 feet, in a staggered S pattern, repeating every 4 feet..

they are firing in that video, don't let the ability of a cheap camera fool you.

Mmmmm, I don't know if I can agree with that based on the video, particularly since he gets right next to tree. Even a cheap camera would pick up a dozen strobes going off 10 feet above it.

Communicore

Just came back from Epcot theme park EMH and the tree and walkway look pathetic. I showed what appears to be a CP CM the Lights of Winter pic and he had no idea that's how it was back then. The AA tree looks sad, as well. FW looked so bare with hardly anything Christmas-y.

wdw71fan

haters gonna hate..

Wouldn't matter what is done, no one here will be happy without LoW..

I can tell you now.. the only thing that remains of LoW are the steel arches, all electrical has been stripped because they are scheduled for scrap..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom