PHOTOS - New improved Epcot Christmas Tree now on display

hpyhnt 1000

haters gonna hate..

Wouldn't matter what is done, no one here will be happy without LoW..

I can tell you now.. the only thing that remains of LoW are the steel arches, all electrical has been stripped because they are scheduled for scrap..

Well, at least we understand each other. :lol:

Sorry, but when you take away the centerpiece of the holiday decor at Epcot (for a completely BS reason I might add) and then do nothing to replace it, fans are going to remember for a while. And on top of that, when this comes on the heels of management already cutting back on decorations at said park, you're darn right we're going be hatin'. :wave:

Admiral01

Premium Member
I am in the minority here, but I figured I would still speak up.

Let me start with the fact that I also miss LoW, and acknowledge that the holiday decor at EPCOT is sparse. It isn't inspiring and doesn't warrant a trip to EPCOT specifically for the holiday time. LoW was a beautiful addition to EPCOT during Christmas. I would love to see it back.

But, I have to admit, if TDO is going to spend money on things, I would rather have them spend money on the permanent attractions, not temporary holiday offerings. Now, money saved by not replacing LoW is probably not being pumped back into EPCOT in the form of other attraction $$$. But if it is, I would rather have it be for things like refurbs of the attractions that are open all year long, not for a holiday attraction that is out for 2 months and then taken down.

I have spent time at WDW and DL during the holiday season, but not because I make a special trip to do so. Other than Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland, I could really care less about any of the holiday decorations. I acknowledge them while I am there...I do think they are neat (especially the resorts), but I don't feel the need to make a special trip. Now, refurb Imagination/Energy/Seas/WoL, build a new country in World Showcase, or finish the SSE descent and I WILL make a special trip to see that - and I will make those special trips year round.

Just my thoughts.

puntagordabob

LoW has gone the route of Horizons, World of Motions, and (dare I say it?) Adventurers Club...
:

I heard that a lot when I used to say TDO should give Jose his show back at the Tiki Room. Some people who sound like you said it will NEVER happen so move on.

So pardon me if I do not jump on board the Move On train....

Whats more is that some people here actually think the fanboi whining and complaining makes a difference what TDO/WDI or Glendale do.. They listen to marketing surveys within the parks, thats it..

Blogs, Online petitions, mailed in letters... etc etc etc.... They don't factor in, and never will.

Sorry mate... I disagree with you... many of us including myself wrote letters, and every other form of communication with TDO regarding the UNM Tiki Room show and how it would be much better back with Jose in charge.... and granted the little fire really pushed the issue to a head...the fact is that they KNEW returning it to a "resembling" of the original show would be popular even if some of the loud Naysayers on these forums felt otherwise.

WILL all letters and blogs and whatever result in All things being done? Heck no..... but if it is reasonable then there is a good chance something will be at least attempted.

As for LoW... while I am sure the Actual LoW arches and such that we remember are perhaps beyond their years.... suitable replacements (perhaps even majorly reimagined and PLUSSED -ie not downsized!) are not unreasonable... make no mistake, EPCOT seems downright dreary when compared to Days Past during the Holidays....and is very dreay even when compared to the Magic Kingdom in its scaled down decorations today!

Where the LoW was previously was so dark and gloomy since its removal....

Biff215

haters gonna hate..

Wouldn't matter what is done, no one here will be happy without LoW..

I can tell you now.. the only thing that remains of LoW are the steel arches, all electrical has been stripped because they are scheduled for scrap..

I don't think LoW is the only thing most of us have a problem with here. Sure, many of us would love to have it back, but we realize it's unlikely even though we'll continue to throw those comments out there. :animwink:

Overall, it seems like Epcot has continued to decline when it comes to holiday decorations. I won't let it ruin my trip, but I'll get to see for myself in about two weeks. We decided to take a December trip this year primarily for the holiday additions, so this year will determine where we end up next year.

bgraham34

I am in the minority here, but I figured I would still speak up.

Let me start with the fact that I also miss LoW, and acknowledge that the holiday decor at EPCOT is sparse. It isn't inspiring and doesn't warrant a trip to EPCOT specifically for the holiday time. LoW was a beautiful addition to EPCOT during Christmas. I would love to see it back.

But, I have to admit, if TDO is going to spend money on things, I would rather have them spend money on the permanent attractions, not temporary holiday offerings. Now, money saved by not replacing LoW is probably not being pumped back into EPCOT in the form of other attraction $$$. But if it is, I would rather have it be for things like refurbs of the attractions that are open all year long, not for a holiday attraction that is out for 2 months and then taken down.

I agree with what you are saying and LoW was a great addition and added that much needed magic to Epcot during Christmas. But as far as not putting that up so money can be used elsewhere I don't agree with. There are many guests that only come this time of year or decided to make a special trip to see all the decorations. You can pretty much bank on it that if Disney did not decorate for Christmas than you would have much lower crowds in the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom