PHOTOS - Latest look at Disney's Grand Floridian DVC Resort construction

carolina_yankee

Yes and that's a lot of $$$$ for weddings. It could be a big disappointment.

Given the placement and angle of the Wedding Pavilion, the VGF isn't as visible as one might think. I've walked around the area several times - I don't think you'll notice it at all once you're inside the chapel. The windows on the chapel's left are now stained glass, so you don't see much out of them. The biggest sense of presence will probably be on the walkway to the chapel, and if you wander the path on the left side of the chapel.

Overall, I think Disney did a fairly good job of placement considering how close the two buildings are to each other.

Dirk

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
If you look into the windows at night, lights/ceiling fans have been installed in many rooms. I'm assuming that's the first step in furnishing.
I think they have been working on the inside for a good number of months now as the exterior was being worked on. They don't have long to go before opening.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Yeah...not connected to the monorail without a "hike." I'd rather stay at the GF and be connected to the monorail...IMO

ptaylor

Premium Member
Anyone notice they have not matched the roof tiles very well? The original GF has red tiles, the new wing is more brown. Not very clear in photos, but very obvious in person.

Victor Kelly

Oh look a beautiful view of .......................another building. Walt brought Disney to Florida to get away from the built up blah around Disneyland. Now the same thing is happening to WDW, granted with their own hotels and especially DVC.

I like the idea and concept and many locations of DVC, I do not like how it is being implemented around the Seven Seas Lagoon

Tom

Beta Return
I think they have been working on the inside for a good number of months now as the exterior was being worked on. They don't have long to go before opening.

Right. It's backwards from how the rides are built. They often wait until the ride structure is completely enclosed and weather-tight before they begin fitting out the inside. With the hotels, as soon as the interior walls are up and the roof is on, the finishing crews get to work, fitting out room after room after room.

Donfan

Anyone notice they have not matched the roof tiles very well? The original GF has red tiles, the new wing is more brown. Not very clear in photos, but very obvious in person.

All the DVC buildings have different roof colors, different backstory, different interior decorations, etc., from all the hotels that they are associated with. It is done intentionally and would seem reasonable to expect this for VGF also.

Tom

Beta Return
All the DVC buildings have different roof colors, different backstory, different interior decorations, etc., from all the hotels that they are associated with. It is done intentionally and would seem reasonable to expect this for VGF also.

True. But it's strange that it appears they've matched the siding...or at least went with white, just like the resort. And the architectural stylings are very similar. It's strange that they'd just change the roof color.

71jason

As far as I can remember we have stayed in all the buildings and you still have to walk to the main building to catch the monorail

There are a few high end rooms in the main building, but essentially yes. If there isn't a "back door" the DVC might be a bit more of a hike but essentially it's just another, extra-tall wing of the resort.

jojomickey

There are a few high end rooms in the main building, but essentially yes. If there isn't a "back door" the DVC might be a bit more of a hike but essentially it's just another, extra-tall wing of the resort.
When we were there last, we walked over to see it and we didn't think it was far at all.

ptaylor

Premium Member
It looks to me like the two buildings are supposed to match. The roof colors are VERY close, but not the same.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom