News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

Giss Neric

To those who hates it, are you even the type who takes pictures in front of the castle, The colors looks very Instagram worthy so it will become popular in social media anyways.

You can just alter the colors of the castle if you hate it that much. We all have the tools to do it nowadays in our phones/computers.

Rich Brownn

It looked like the kind of faux castle chateaus built in the 19th and early 20th centuries (Neuschwanstein Castle, especially). A Disney version, of course, but reminiscent nevertheless.

Now it looks like something a 7 year old colored in a coloring book. It's atrocious. The pink is by far the biggest problem -- it's a really ugly color that doesn't blend well with the blue or the gold. If it was desaturated about 75% it might look okay.
I remember being told the castle is actually about 300 years of castle history, starting at the bottom (fortress style) and become more "modern" as you go up, ending with the fanciful castles of later eras

Disney4family

It looked like the kind of faux castle chateaus built in the 19th and early 20th centuries (Neuschwanstein Castle, especially). A Disney version, of course, but reminiscent nevertheless.

Now it looks like something a 7 year old colored in a coloring book. It's atrocious. The pink is by far the biggest problem -- it's a really ugly color that doesn't blend well with the blue or the gold. If it was desaturated about 75% it might look okay.
1592825643093.png
Barbie Castle Dreamhouse

lazyboy97o

To those who hates it, are you even the type who takes pictures in front of the castle, The colors looks very Instagram worthy so it will become popular in social media anyways.

You can just alter the colors of the castle if you hate it that much. We all have the tools to do it nowadays in our phones/computers.
Why does it matter how many pictures someone takes? Is the purpose of the castle now reduced only to being a picture backdrop and not park of a larger themed design?

Everything is great if you just pretend it is better.

Giss Neric

Why does it matter how many pictures someone takes? Is the purpose of the castle now reduced only to being a picture backdrop and not park of a larger themed design?

Picture backdrop yes cause it's a must for everyone to take a picture and post it on their social media cause the castle is an icon, especially if you're not a frequent visitor.

I feel like the purists or the real fans who really has a hard time accepting it as is with every ride closure, park changes etc.

ImperfectPixie

Picture backdrop yes cause it's a must for everyone to take a picture and post it on their social media cause the castle is an icon, especially if you're not a frequent visitor.

I feel like the purists or the real fans who really has a hard time accepting it as is with every ride closure, park changes etc.
They've way over-done it. It looks gaudy and cheap now.

brihow

I don't hate it but my issue is that it's just flat, solid color. There are no subtle gradations or ombres that would give it some depth. The shingles should have some different tones of blue. And yes, I agree the colors could have been a bit more subtle.

brihow

It's ok if you don't like it, just put about 20+ instagram filters on it and you'll LOVE IT!!!!!

Giss Neric

I don't hate it but my issue is that it's just flat, solid color. There are no subtle gradations or ombres that would give it some depth. The shingles should have some different tones of blue. And yes, I agree the colors could have been a bit more subtle.
Did you think about how would it look under the extreme sun Florida has?

Donaldfan1934

Well, the concept art made the color look a lot less flat, so that issue might be addressed before they’re finished. Keep in mind that pre-COVID, this makeover was slated to be completed “by the end of the summer”. Although they’re getting more work done right now than they would’ve if the parks were open, that doesn’t change the fact that the project is over two months behind schedule. We should honestly reserve all final opinions on the castle’s new look until it’s 100% finished.

Prototype82

We still don't know if this is final. The concept art seems to show a white at top gradient to pink at the bottom. I'm still holding out hope for this. It shouldn't look like Aurora lives there in MHO and the gradient would help the forced perspective.

UNCgolf

I'm surprised it's such a dark pink. Lighter pink would have been a bit better, in my opinion, if they were going to make a change. Maybe they're planning on it fading.

This is the biggest problem, IMO. The shade of pink is just wrong.

Those photos don't look quite as bad as what was posted earlier. The pink still looks completely off, but it's not as in your face ugly as it's looked in other photos.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom