News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

DDLand

Wow. First, I want to fully credit @MouseBrayden. @MisterPenguin, I think you owe the man an apology. That fits his description perfectly.

Second, what did we do to deserve this? Kim Irvine’s tasteless scourge has traveled across the country. Why? Who woke up one morning and thought “Cinderella’s Castle is a problem?” Why couldn’t we leave that icon as it was? I know “it’s not a museum” but this is not an improvement. This is change for the sake of change. In fact, this sucks.

Why?

Animaniac93-98

It appears Disney wanted to follow their own trend of decorating castles for anniversaries, but did not have the budget to do so, and settled on a paint scheme that more or less achieved the same effect (with poor results).

It's also part of a longer trend of trying to turn MK into Disneyland, instead of respecting the Florida park's aesthetics and history.

Animaniac93-98

It should be noted that even Disneyland's castle used to be painted in softer pastels. Not the extreme pinks and blues we've come to associate with the building since the 50th anniversary:

1592434722772.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Wow. First, I want to fully credit @MouseBrayden. @MisterPenguin, I think you owe the man an apology. That fits his description perfectly.

Second, what did we do to deserve this? Kim Irvine’s tasteless scourge has traveled across the country. Why? Who woke up one morning and thought “Cinderella’s Castle is a problem?” Why couldn’t we leave that icon as it was? I know “it’s not a museum” but this is not an improvement. This is change for the sake of change. In fact, this sucks.

Why?

I've more than explained why the shiny pink that is "rose gold" is most definitely not the same as the flat pink with gold highlights that is "rose and gold."

I await your apology to me for suggesting otherwise.

Supreme Leader

It should be noted that even Disneyland's castle used to be painted in softer pastels. Not the extreme pinks and blues we've come to associate with the building since the 50th anniversary:

View attachment 477284
Yeah I'm really not sure why they keep pushing for more color saturation on the castle's paint jobs. It does make the castles look more "Fantasy" and "fairytale" but in the wrong lighting it just looks bad. For Disneyland's castle I kind of wish they'd go with Hong Kong's old castle color palette...
1592441255019.png

... I mean it looks close to how opening day Disneyland's looked.
As for Cinderella's castle, it really makes no sense to paint it pink. Gold accents I can understand for the 50th but the base of the Castle really doesn't need to be pink... Unless their goal was for it to look somewhat like a dreamscape version of the castle or if they were trying to get it to match the Disney Studios logo art. I'll wait to give my final judgement on the project when it's all done and finished and we can see how it looks in the park.

BigDlover

Woah that's a drastic change. We can't judge anything until it's complete but I hope it's not that pink at the end. Pink's my favorite color and I wouldn't be totally against it (I even loved the castle cake 😄) but I was hoping they wouldn't stray too far from the original color palette. Do we know if this is just for the 50th and then might go back to the original scheme?

Magic Feather

That looks absolutely hideous; like something a child colored in a coloring book.

The pink/blue/gold color scheme could work with the right shades, but those are not the right shades. Of course, the saturation could be off in that photo. Will have to see others for comparison.
Every single photo I’ve seen if this paint job from in the park and some of the ones posted here all look vastly different, which makes me think photo saturation might be the common root of it all. Even DL’s repaint from last year look crazy different in photos. I think i’m going to reserve judgement until i see it in person.

PS: Almost all photos shared here only show parts of the top half in isolation (because that is all that is publicly accessible viewing wise at the moment). The bottom half definitely helps to balance out the castle IMO.

Supreme Leader

That looks absolutely hideous; like something a child colored in a coloring book.

The pink/blue/gold color scheme could work with the right shades, but those are not the right shades. Of course, the saturation could be off in that photo. Will have to see others for comparison.
I'm pretty sure the color saturation of the photo and the overall quality of the photo is off just a bit. It also looks kind of overcast in the photo too so the lighting is also not the best.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom