News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

Animaniac93-98

New castle has the same energy as this:

1591995189035.png

JoeCamel

The spires really aren’t working.

Are we expecting them to get darker like the concept art?

Last time I saw them paint it was three coats with this starting as the basecoat plus they added diamonds in the design. I expect it to get darker.

Glad I'm not the only one hoping for the blue to get darker! Liking the rose shade, it isn't looking as bright as I feared.

I think everything will look a lot better when the paint job is completely dry. 🙂

I think it will look better once they get it done and a summer of fade on it.

New castle has the same energy as this:

View attachment 476157

OH look, a princess party. How fun

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Last time I saw them paint it was three coats with this starting as the basecoat plus they added diamonds in the design. I expect it to get darker.

I think it will look better once they get it done and a summer of fade on it.

OH look, a princess party. How fun
Agree. I'm having the same issue with the blue building's paint at Epcot's Rat, for example. I'm finding both paint jobs too crisp and bright for European inspired architecture. It's a work in progress, so there's hope.

Last edited:

Giss Neric

Are the people against the color scheme usually takes pictures in front of the castle? I don't so I really don't mind whatever they do with it. I just don't get the negativity here and especially on Twitter. It's like not even done and the judgement already is so overbearing.

Giss Neric

It's the symbol of the resort and visible from up to 2 miles away.

If they paint it ugly colours, it's hard not to notice.
Beauty is subjective anyways. I really don't think it's THAT ugly. I really like how they did it at Disneyland's when I saw it personally than looking at the construction pics, so I guess I am geared towards liking this than not like.

chaosalert

Literally only read this and the last page of the thread so apologies if I've definitely missed the mark here but... I don't understand all the hate! I think it looks super nice, the colour is definitely much needed after the last fading paint job, and it reminds me of DLR's castle too. (which I also love). Good job Disney!

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
Literally only read this and the last page of the thread so apologies if I've definitely missed the mark here but... I don't understand all the hate! I think it looks super nice, the colour is definitely much needed after the last fading paint job, and it reminds me of DLR's castle too. (which I also love). Good job Disney!
I agree. I love the new colors and it’ll probably look much nicer once the top coat goes on.

Father Robinson

cookiee_munster

anyone know whether the surrounding turrets near the entrance to the castle and the buildings behind it (preferably the blue roofs) will get a lick of paint too? (just to match everything up)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom