News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

TJJohn12

I realize it’s less than half done, but the peek into the future is garish.

If I wanted to see Sleeping Beauty Castle I’d fly to Anaheim. I absolutely love SBC - Disneyland is classic. But I’m still not convinced why for the 50th they had to ape someplace different, versus just letting Cindy be Cindy.

Giss Neric

Y'all complaining about the color scheme of Orlando but it certainly looks way better than Hong Kong which looks like King Triton's mermaid lagoon.

EZthGFGUMAEN9LN.jpeg

TJJohn12

Y'all complaining about the color scheme of Orlando but it certainly looks way better than Hong Kong which looks like King Triton's mermaid lagoon.

No argument there! That seems to me like it was expansion not to improve the actual flow and usage of the park, but to make it compete with Shanghai's massive castle. I'd suspect this was a HKI driven decision, not an imagineering/guest flow one.

trainplane3

View attachment 474665
While I think HK should've gotten a unique castle (at opening of course), something this over-sized wasn't what I had in mind. I'm curious how it's going to scale in person with the surrounding area when it's done.

jt04

are the roofs going to stay that shiny plasticy looking blue colour? eeek!

Ha! Proof. Even when I am joking I turn out to be correct. I stumbled on this while reading about the blue ghost firefly which aren't actually blue but are named that due to the effect. They are more yellowish like a Dole Whip. And I stumbled upon this by happenstance. 🐝

Last edited:

aladdin2007

I would like the stage if it didn't mean the pass thru of the castle to Fantasyland was closed almost all day. I can;t tell you the last time I walked through Cinderella Castle - maybe 2003?

could not agree more, they really have messed up (taken away) everything that use to make it so great.
and not just the stage but remember when the castle had a great medieval shop and the restaurant was not a princessteria? The whole place was never meant or designed to be a princess fest. and now its going pink. :banghead:

mm52200

I would like the stage if it didn't mean the pass thru of the castle to Fantasyland was closed almost all day. I can;t tell you the last time I walked through Cinderella Castle - maybe 2003?
I mean it’s open in the morning before the first show, it’s open for several hours before fireworks after the last show by 5 pm, and opens now between every single show of MRFF so unless there’s bad weather or some other circumstance, the breezeway is open more than it is closed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom