News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

trainplane3

And they're back at it!
magic-kingdom-disney-world-construction-cinderella-castle-1.jpg

jrhwdw

Would be amazing if they could get this done before opening, get the moat filled back up, etc, but we shall see.
With no restrictions on work hours I imagine they can.
Is it too early/too much to ask for the Castle Dream Lights to go up now? This would be the perfect time to get all the Castle Work Done! I WOULD HOPE MVMCP/Christmas Season is a given!!!

Flynnwriter

The most unnecessary way to spend money and make the castle tacky at the same time! Is this from the same lame Imagineers that decided to paint Tomorrowland white and tear down the entrance marquee. If you want the castle to have the integrity of a mini-gold castle - keep painting it blush and adding tacky gold paint!! Who is in charge of creative? Someone tell me.

peter11435

The most unnecessary way to spend money and make the castle tacky at the same time! Is this from the same lame Imagineers that decided to paint Tomorrowland white and tear down the entrance marquee. If you want the castle to have the integrity of a mini-gold castle - keep painting it blush and adding tacky gold paint!! Who is in charge of creative? Someone tell me.
Well, the castle was in desperate need of a paint job so the project isn’t a waste of money.

The color choices are debatable.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Not THE most, that was this:
Could be worse...
Cinderella-Castle-Cake_WDWMagic.jpg

tirian

This color scheme will be hideous. WDI originally selected the castle’s color scheme to look grand, elegant, and French in the Floridian sunlight. Now it’ll look like a Miami condo. I can’t wait to see how the nighttime flood lights look on salmon pink.

From the Innoventions stripes to this, I don’t understand who keeps approving these color schemes.

Here’s Herb Ryman’s original concept art.
1591321445963.jpeg

lazyboy97o

This color scheme will be hideous. WDI originally selected the castle’s color scheme to look grand, elegant, and French in the Floridian sunlight. Now it’ll look like a Miami condo. I can’t wait to see how the nighttime flood lights look on salmon pink.

From the Innoventions stripes to this, I don’t understand who keeps approving these color schemes.

Here’s Herb Ryman’s original concept art.
View attachment 474605
That art is not very timeless, family friendly, Disney or Epcot.

Otamin

It certainly doesn’t look great at the moment, but it’s not finished.

I assume there’s an extra coat of paint on top of the pink to make it shinier/paler (based on the concept art), so we’ll have to wait and see.

As for the stage I unfortunately don’t see that going, which is a shame since it’s an absolute disgusting tacky mess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom