News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

Rteetz

I wonder how long the water will be drained? I feel like the moats are always empty when I visit :(

I guess a lot can happen between now and the end of April?!
I would guess the most would be drained the majority of this makeover especially if they are relying on lifts and what not to do most of this work rather than scaffolding.

solidyne

When they drain the moat, do they sandbag on either side so there's still water by Tomorrowland and through to Frontierland?

NeedMoreMickey

My niece is getting married Memorial Day weekend and as of now is paying extra to have pictures done in front of the castle. When she asked she was told "the pictures will be made to look like they are supposed to look" whatever that means. We think they will photo-shop the castle. Epcot is her favorite park so she already booked a morning session there but thought how when will she ever be able to take pictures in her wedding dress in front of the castle so put up another $1,000 to book it. She has until 4/24 to cancel and get her money back.

ThatMouse

My niece is getting married Memorial Day weekend and as of now is paying extra to have pictures done in front of the castle. When she asked she was told "the pictures will be made to look like they are supposed to look" whatever that means. We think they will photo-shop the castle. Epcot is her favorite park so she already booked a morning session there but thought how when will she ever be able to take pictures in her wedding dress in front of the castle so put up another $1,000 to book it. She has until 4/24 to cancel and get her money back.

There are a lot of people here who will Photoshop you in front of the castle for free. $1000 buys another week at Disney!

yensidtlaw1969

I think all of Disney World is officially now a hot mess. Too much construction/refurbishing going on at once.

Honestly, they should have started with fixing and tending to some of the older attractions that are in desperate need of help.
This is what you get when you bet a decade on a system designed to arbitrarily redistribute guests within the existing experience rather than actually improve it.

They’re playing catch up and it’s messy.

TrainsOfDisney

They’re playing catch up and it’s messy.

Speaking of just MK... catch up is 1 new coaster and a lot of paint. Since we know space mountains days are numbered as is.... I’m not sure if you can count that as an addition.

Now Epcot.... while i disagree with some of the choices, they are really getting something. A new water maze, new entrance, new coaster, new play pavilion, enhanced spaceship earth, new big-budget nighttime show, and a new trackless dark ride.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Lots of magical construction equipment... ;)

1583755975480.png

Last edited:

Creathir

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom