News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

Touchdown

I strongly disagree when done right

7D9266E3-322A-4911-808C-4305C7F8A970.jpeg

In @MouseBrayden's most recent video he just put out starting around 4:30, he mentions that the actual painting is more minimal than he thought and pieces could be done "overnight" while referencing again that the stage and firework shows won't be effected by tons of large scrim and scaffolding... Of course he was one of the first ones last September to mention the rumor of the castle being painted to begin with per his "sources"... those same "sources" were mentioned in this video again prior to that 4:30 mark. Obviously we all don't know anything official yet in terms of how the castle will look during this work, but might be some insight from somewhat trusted sources.

Touchdown

In regards to his sources, I’m sorry but it doesn’t take a giant leap to assume the castle was going to be painted prior to the 50th nor was it a big leap to assume gold was going on the castle, plus ever since D23 it’s clear rose gold would also be involved.

Casper Gutman

The two castle overlays discussed in this thread neatly illustrate the shift in WDW philosophy. The cake was incredibly ambitious, gleefully over-the-top, unapologetically tacky, and represented a big creative risk. The new makeover is minimalist, will be promoted like crazy, won't age very well, and risks offending absolutely no one.

WDW Guru

The two castle overlays discussed in this thread neatly illustrate the shift in WDW philosophy. The cake was incredibly ambitious, gleefully over-the-top, unapologetically tacky, and represented a big creative risk. The new makeover is minimalist, will be promoted like crazy, won't age very well, and risks offending absolutely no one.

I can guarantee that there will be more for the actually 50th anniversary. This is more of a general update for the castle long term rather than for any specifit event.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Why are so many people talking about pink? I don’t see any pink in that concept art..

Your mind is painting out the slight pastel pinks on the upper walls since that can easily be a result of ambient lighting, and our brain tends to autocorrect the colors we see adjusting for ambient light.

Going by the concept art, there *might* be a pastel wash of pink/rose on the upper walls. Or, it's just the artist turning up the reds to help highlight the gold.

Anyway, it's *not* ""ROSE GOLD"".

Now you don't see the pink. I, however, don't see any of the iridescence Brayden says is there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom