News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

Darth Snips

That looks very pretty! Why are they marketing this for Cinderella's 70th anniversary when there's a much more relevant anniversary taking place next year? Especially since it incorporates so much gold?

180º

Not sure about this. Reminds me of the DL 50th treatment of which I was not a fan. Sleeping Beauty Castle’s recent refurb was great. Still extremely bold, but sophisticated and done with a great deal of understanding for the structure. The effort was channeled into giving the stonework dimension and pulling way back on the plaster, giving it a classic gleaming monochromatic look. The controversial elements, like the bright blue roofs with glitter and the intense forced perspective painting, may have turned out a bit too extreme but not only can I live with them, I appreciate the thought behind them.

This new Cinderella Castle paint scheme looks to me like someone had fun with a gold gel pen and treated the castle less like its 3-dimensional forms and more like a page in a coloring book.

brb1006

What's with all the pink?
That's tame compared to it's 25th Anniversary design.
9b36e10f15f0a308527cdd468b15e24b.jpg

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
They said HEA would be unaffected, so I don't see how a scrim is even possible.
They can project on the scrim
If there are scrims, I'm pretty sure HEA would be affected. Some of the castle pyro launched directly from/on the castle would need to be turned off. Some examples are the pyro in the opening sequence, Genie sequence, villians, and the last beat of the finale.

If there are scrims, I'm pretty sure HEA would be affected. Some of the castle pyro launched directly from/on the castle would need to be turned off. Some examples are the pyro in the opening sequence, Genie sequence, villians, and the last beat of the finale.

Totally agree with that assessment... I would think (and hope!) if any part of the show would be effected, the blog post would have mentioned that. With them saying none of those shows would be affected, this is possibly good news in that any work being done will have no scrim or anything around the castle, and instead would have people on cherry pickers overnight?

I don't believe its pink. That's just how it looks in the afternoon as the sun sets. That exact photo minus the gold photoshop is in google images.

For reference of what it looks like now in the same lighting, I believe the first photo in the slideshow here https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/cinderella-castle/ is actually the photo they used to show the new concept.

doctornick

Looks great, so hopefully it resembles the art and stays that way (doesn't fade that much) for a while.

That said, I really hope that we see more than just cosmetic changes for the 50th. (I know, I know... cupcakes) We should get new entertainment at least since it sounds like no other rides are in the pipeline.

brb1006

For those complain about the pink, be thankful they didn't bring back the castle cake. The entire castle was colored pink, it was very infamous for the amount of complaints from couples that wanted to be married a the Wedding Pavilion.

Corgi

I REALLY hope that the castle won’t be under construction while I’m there in July... :( It’s so ugly and ruins the magic

but I do love what they’re doing to the castle!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom