News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

LIKE the new look. But must ask? A number of additional "satellite towers" have gone in during the FL Expansion. Anyone know if these will be worked on to match the new Castle look?

QuiteGrumpy

We’re going to be there in May and given that Epcot is going to be building zone it would be lovely if the main icon of MK wasn’t covered in scaffolding or scrims or whatever. Might we eventually get some info on how they plan to handle the painting work? Or will we just need to wait to see what happens? Thanks.

PK2

Reached out real quick to see if CS had a different bit of PR for folks concerned about the construction, and they did!

In the coming weeks through summer, Guests may notice work taking place near Cinderella Castle as it undergoes a royal makeover with bold, shimmering new enhancements. While temporary construction equipment may be present while Cinderella Castle receives its royal makeover, we will do our best to ensure Guests are still able to capture special photos and memories in this iconic spot.

Of course, doesn't really help to clarify what exactly will be going on as this could range from "there will be cranes and pickers but we'll try and put them away during the day" through to "there's a scaffold up but we're gonna do magic shots and stuff to make up for it".

If you ask me, it sounds more like the former, but I've read enough PR to know that what it *sounds like* isn't always what it *is*....

yensidtlaw1969

LIKE the new look. But must ask? A number of additional "satellite towers" have gone in during the FL Expansion. Anyone know if these will be worked on to match the new Castle look?
I would suspect that the ones in front of the castle in the hub will - the art indicates as much.

The Castle Walls out back between the Carrousel and Mine Train? I wouldn't expect that, though I would hope for it. The key to making these kinds of decisions work is committing to them.

Part of me thinks that anything that gets the Castle Dreamlights at Christmas is a shoe-in to be touched. Anything that doesn't - the Castle Walls, and even the backside of the Castle - are not a guarantee. Though if this is a more permanent new paint scheme then they really should address everything.

Does anyone think they would specifically call out two shows in the blog post saying they won't be effected meaning they still will have them run like scheduled but be heavily modified because the scrim/scaffolding is in the way of the pyro that happens near and on the castle?

I just am concerned about getting there next week and the entire thing is behind metal bars and dumb scrim... I KNOW sometimes this stuff has to happen but getting a week notice is crap for something this iconic and an integral part of their primary park.

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
Does anyone think they would specifically call out two shows in the blog post saying they won't be effected meaning they still will have them run like scheduled but be heavily modified because the scrim/scaffolding is in the way of the pyro that happens near and on the castle?

I just am concerned about getting there next week and the entire thing is behind metal bars and dumb scrim... I KNOW sometimes this stuff has to happen but getting a week notice is crap for something this iconic and an integral part of their primary park.
MRFF will indeed have a modified show schedule with later show times

hoke2007

I really dislike how they’ve handled this.

Is it necessary? Most definitely.

But to announce this the day they begin prep work is amateur hour. We know literally months before when they close the Swiss Family Treehouse for a week yet we find out the day they begin work on the most iconic thing on property. With an end date of “summer”. And with no idea on how this impacts the guest experience. This just seems like poor planning.

KBLovedDisney

Can't wait for the 100th anniversary when they cover it in diamonds.
images

^ That will be me

Youlovemexox3

I called since I already have reservations for Cinderella’s Royal Table for May and they said they don’t expect the renovations to “impact the guest experience”. Super sad about this since I haven’t been to Disney World in a while, wondering if it would be better to just cancel and wait until it’s done...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom