News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

tirian

It's entirely possible that the design was Disney "bending over backwards to appeal to Instagram influencers" (like they do in LOTS of other areas) AND the result is a bad paint job.

I'm not a defender. I haven't seen the castle in person, I don't exactly love what I've seen in photos (hate the salmon look), and I preferred the previous colors. But I have said (and do continue to think) that the designers definitely had the Instagram set in mind with this color scheme.

Maybe the final result wasn't exactly what they intended, or maybe it is. At any rate, I don't think most of the people with strong opinions here were the primary intended audience.
I know you’re talking about Disney, but that goes for me too. I’m referencing the bloggers and Twitter crowd saying, “You have to see it in person!!!!! (Gasp gosh squeal),” not anyone with a thoughtful response here. :)

Edit: in 1982, Disney consulted with Kodak to make sure Epcot’s concrete was tinted a specific color to make the greenery and trees pop in photographs. That’s the sort of care the company used to have.

_caleb

I know you’re talking about Disney, but that goes for me too. I’m referencing the bloggers and Twitter crowd saying, “You have to see it in person!!!!! (Gasp gosh squeal),” not anyone with a thoughtful response here. :)

Edit: in 1982, Disney consulted with Kodak to make sure Epcot’s concrete was tinted a specific color to make the greenery and trees pop in photographs. That’s the sort of care the company used to have.
I’ve read that about Kodak consulting on the colors of the concrete! It‘s sometimes listed as one of those “10 Things You Didn’t Know About Walt Disney World” lists the bloggers are always doing. That is pretty neat that they’d think it through to that degree.

I wonder who they consulted on this castle makeover...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I wonder who they consulted on this castle makeover...

A spray tan shop.

1595564910062.png

ryan1

Finally saw it in person over the weekend. Its definitely not better but its not terrible either. It will take some getting use to.

Bocabear

The paler color palette also worked well with the forced perspective of Main Street...Making the castle look farther away...Softening the edges.... Cinderella is a princess always associated with the color Blue...not sure why they would paint her castle in the pink that is always associated with Aurora... Color Styling Matters. I guess at this point I will look forward to the added decor which might help make it look better, and look forward to the end of the anniversary celebration when it will be returned to it's normal colors. It looks like a bad sunburn...

JoeCamel

The paler color palette also worked well with the forced perspective of Main Street...Making the castle look farther away...Softening the edges.... Cinderella is a princess always associated with the color Blue...not sure why they would paint her castle in the pink that is always associated with Aurora... Color Styling Matters. I guess at this point I will look forward to the added decor which might help make it look better, and look forward to the end of the anniversary celebration when it will be returned to it's normal colors. It looks like a bad sunburn...
Maybe Covid took out Cindy and Aurora is taking over?
Anniversary pink? Worked for the 25th......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom