Photos and Video - New UK Pavilion band - The English Channel

righttrack

I'm not as much a fan of Mulch, though I can appreciate it. British Revolution just did it for me. I can appreciate but not terribly enjoy the band in Canada, though I really can't say that music is very Canadian-sounding. They would need to add some BTO and Rush to their set for that.

wannabeBelle

They actually do have a Rush sample in one of their songs, If I am remembering right it is from Tom Sawyer. That was one of the first songs I heard from Off Kilter and all I could think of is "Rush on bagpipes?? What the????" Also they do BTO in Takin Care of Business which has been in their set list for at least a few years now. Cant tell I spend a lot of time at the entertainment offerings at Disneyworld huh?? Marie

righttrack

They actually do have a Rush sample in one of their songs, If I am remembering right it is from Tom Sawyer. That was one of the first songs I heard from Off Kilter and all I could think of is "Rush on bagpipes?? What the????" Also they do BTO in Takin Care of Business which has been in their set list for at least a few years now. Cant tell I spend a lot of time at the entertainment offerings at Disneyworld huh?? Marie

You sure do! I do too. I'd rather watch something when I want to take a break, rather than just find an empty bench.

mp2bill

I agree with you to an extent. Nothing comes close to the popularity of the Beatles, and no other bands transcend generations the way they do. But I think zeppelin and the Who are two of the most important bands of the 20th century, so it will be nice for young people to get turned on to bands like that, but it was a bad move replacing the Beatles act.

This new act also really has no cohesiveness. The British Invasion really played up the parts, stayed in character, the whole show had a common theme, whether it was Sgt. Pepper-era, or Ed Sullivan days. These new dudes just seem like a bunch of...if I may...Jabronis....rocking out on stage.

Sorry Disney, I try not to complain often, but this was a bad call. :( I'll miss the British Invasion!

I haven't seen the new band yet, but based on the pictures, I'm not a fan of the themeing.

PalisadesPkteer

Did these guys buy some new clothes?

Or are they still performing in T-shirts?

My problem with this group is the poor dress code and not much stage presence.

Do not have a problem with song selection.

emcclay

Anyone have a recent set-list from these guys? Kashmir is listed on their site under "show material". I will absolutely die if they play it next month.

Empress Room

I saw them last Saturday night and came away incredibly impressed. Although they don't necessarily dress the part, they are very talented musicians, with good harmonies, played to the crowd and did several "choreographed" songs. The set I saw at 6:00 p.m. included:

Start Me Up - Rolling Stones
I Melt With You - Modern English
You Really Got Me Going - The Kinks
Saturday Night's (All Right For Fighting) - Elton John
Eight Days A Week - Beatles
Twist And Shout - Beatles
Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

I was a huge fan of their predecessors, the British Invasion, but I must admit, I came away Saturday with a huge smile on my face after the British Revolution's set - and everyone I was with liked the variety of artists. They put on a great set, really had the crowd into it, played very well and left everyone cheering and asking for more. What else can you hope for in rock and roll?!?!

emcclay

I saw them last Saturday night and came away incredibly impressed. Although they don't necessarily dress the part, they are very talented musicians, with good harmonies, played to the crowd and did several "choreographed" songs. The set I saw at 6:00 p.m. included:

Start Me Up - Rolling Stones
I Melt With You - Modern English
You Really Got Me Going - The Kinks
Saturday Night's (All Right For Fighting) - Elton John
Eight Days A Week - Beatles
Twist And Shout - Beatles
Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

I was a huge fan of their predecessors, the British Invasion, but I must admit, I came away Saturday with a huge smile on my face after the British Revolution's set - and everyone I was with liked the variety of artists. They put on a great set, really had the crowd into it, played very well and left everyone cheering and asking for more. What else can you hope for in rock and roll?!?!

Ut oh, no Zeppelin in that set?! Good thing I am spending two days at Epcot! I saw a video on YouTube of BR, and I swore I saw one of the guys in MS&S at DHS back in October..

wannabeBelle

Em They have a Facebook page but on the off chance you dont have a Facebook account I will post your question to see if they can narrow it down to a specific set for you for Kashmir. I can tell you they DEFINITELY do that song.
You are definitely correct. One of the gentleman in the band has worked with Mulch extensively prior to British Revolution and does still occasionally substitute over there. Here is the link to the facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/BritRev
Marie

Blueliner

That sums it up for me as well. We caught one of their shows one evening in late November, and they were really good. I can't quite put my finger on why I liked them so much, but I suppose it was a combination of their music selection and their general stage presence. They're kind of low key, but they still manage to get everyone into it.

emcclay

Em They have a Facebook page but on the off chance you dont have a Facebook account I will post your question to see if they can narrow it down to a specific set for you for Kashmir. I can tell you they DEFINITELY do that song.
You are definitely correct. One of the gentleman in the band has worked with Mulch extensively prior to British Revolution and does still occasionally substitute over there. Here is the link to the facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/BritRev
Marie

Thank you! Found it on the FB page :sohappy:

wannabeBelle

Good deal!!!! The guys are really pretty wonderful and always take the time at the end of their sets to meet up with their fans, take pictures etc. Just a genuinely nice bunch of guys. I see Kevin, one of the guitar players, answered you on the FB post but for anyone else who is interested, Kashmir is usually in the 7 o'clock show. Marie

John

I have read every post. Not that my opinion matters much...but here goes, dont really care what songs they sing. Heck....I wondered why no love for AC\DC?
Their music spans 4 decades. But the music isnt really the issue is it? (still scratching my head wondering how it became Beatles vs Led Zepplin) It's Disney, We have very high expectations...why shouldnt we? Disney established the high water mark not us as fans. Somne say....ohhhh just give it time. Well if they were not ready to produce a high caliber show from the start maybe they should be in rehearsal instead of being "on stage" To accept less is accepting a lesser product.

If this group couldnt deliver a "Disney" qualityt show then another band should have been hired. Exactly how does this band visually remind you of anything english? I mean what a Bloody mess. They are an ok band but it sems they are not far removed from a garage. As good as they are, you could absolutely do better.

I think whatever band....regaurdless of the play list they should oooooze "englishness" Heck it's Disney. It is the same feeling I would get if the waitress in Liberty Tree was dressed wearing " Goth" attire singing....
Here"e Here'e....calling the Smith party" or The same reasons CM's at TOT wear Bellhop uni's. It is about being imerged into a total experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom