PHOTOS - Amazing aerial views of the new Fantasyland (August 2012)

devoy1701

are there any plans to do some repaving in old Fantasyland once New Fantasyland opens?

I think the landscaping around the BatB area looks absolutely fabulous btw.

meyeet

very nice! trying to understand the internal construction walls and what they could mean for the areas that will be opening

wsmith1978

Wow! These pics are stunning! The color and clarity is so perfect, it almost looks fake.

This area is going to be so impressive, so beautiful. I cannot wait to see it in February.

It's just a shame the mine train won't be done in time... to me, seeing it for the first time with big ol' construction walls right smack dab in the center of it all is going to take away from the WOW! factor, but if the alternative means not going back down there until it's complete in 2014, I think I'll risk it :D

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Wow. I'm impressed at how nicely this is coming along. It seems like just a month or so ago I was having a hard time imaging where everything would go, etc.

wsmith1978

The Beast castle area looks so beautiful - the landscaping, the trees... perfect!

I can't get over how HUGE that mine train ride is going to be... and just how much they were able to fit into that section of land. They really made the most of this space.

davidc1578

It looks like they are preparing to open the Enchanted Tales with Belle soon. The have erected light blue construction walls inside the larger area of dark blue walls. Pic 7 is the best shot of this. The are even completely surrounding part of castle wall. And why would they have two sets of walls together in the lower left area. The one closer to the mine train looks like it has more framing and more "permanent" that will last for the duration of the mine train project. The other looks more temporary to hide some construction material. I am just guessing I could see something new for my October trip after all! These Pictures are the best yet!

ExtinctJenn

Ok I've been waiting for another bunch of these to get posted so I could ask... what in the world are the "open" looking rocks on top of the LM building? They look like they have support bars running inside them or something. Are they just to complete the rock look from the ground (forced perspective of some sort) or are they some sort of skylight or something?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
very nice! trying to understand the internal construction walls and what they could mean for the areas that will be opening

I am thinking they may have put these up because they are starting to bring executives, press and CM's for tours and want to have a "safe" walkway that is segregated from the construction areas. With previews being announced for later November, I don't see them letting the general public into the area in the near future.

ToTBellHop

The interior construction walls and finishing work suggests that BatB and the Mermaid ride could open very soon for previews. They have walls blocking the castle walls, even, and those are almost done, so it seems people will be seeing parts of the FLE very soon.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Ok I've been waiting for another bunch of these to get posted so I could ask... what in the world are the "open" looking rocks on top of the LM building? They look like they have support bars running inside them or something. Are they just to complete the rock look from the ground (forced perspective of some sort) or are they some sort of skylight or something?

They are openings in the rock to let light into the queue. I think this is common along shore lines where you will have caves with areas open to the sky. As for the support bars in them, I am not sure, this is the first time I have noticed them.

meyeet

The interior construction walls and finishing work suggests that BatB and the Mermaid ride could open very soon for previews. They have walls blocking the castle walls, even, and those are almost done, so it seems people will be seeing parts of the FLE very soon.
That is what I was thinking, why would they ring the castle walls with construction walls if they would be complete when the rest of the area opens?

ExtinctJenn

They are openings in the rock to let light into the queue. I think this is common along shore lines where you will have caves with areas open to the sky. As for the support bars in them, I am not sure, this is the first time I have noticed them.
WOW! I was actually right about something? LOL! DH and I kept saying they looked like a skylight of some sort but I hadn't seen any word on that so wasn't sure. :)

ExtinctJenn

maybe by late september?? ;)
Since they officially announced that guest previews don't begin until 11/19 I think maybe we're getting our hopes up a bit here with the walls. I think what the previous person said re: executives or media etc. is probably more likely. They said AP previews would be early November too I think right? Unfortunately I think it's wishful thinking that it'll be any sooner than end of October. Just my gut there since Disney has actually (for once) announced when the previews will be. :D

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The way those walls are set up, it looks as though they are planning on allowing guest access to Belle's Cottage.

You might be right about this. Looking closer at the walls I see there is a door, open in the pictures, to cut off access to the bridge to BatB, so this would restrict people to the Cottage area.

meyeet

Since they officially announced that guest previews don't begin until 11/19 I think maybe we're getting our hopes up a bit here with the walls. I think what the previous person said re: executives or media etc. is probably more likely. They said AP previews would be early November too I think right? Unfortunately I think it's wishful thinking that it'll be any sooner than end of October. Just my gut there since Disney has actually (for once) announced when the previews will be. :D
I don't even care if the Enchanted Tales with Belle is open, I'd settle for just walking up to her cottage and taking in the scenery.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom