Photopass

erinshaneb

I am looking into the photopass offer that they sent me...Has anyone used the photopass..more specifically, can we add the ride photos too or are they completely separate?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I am looking into the photopass offer that they sent me...Has anyone used the photopass..more specifically, can we add the ride photos too or are they completely separate?

I only recall one ride photo that you can add (test track). Otherwise we have used photo pass ever since it came out. It's great for the character meet and greets when you want to get the whole family. Yes they will take a pic with your camera, but sometimes the result is not spectacular. You also can add different borders and tags to the photos before you order the CD.

Upvote 0

erinshaneb

Original Poster
I didn't know if i should order the cd or do the whole package that includes a photo album..the photo album is nice, but for just the 20 pages...hmmm

Upvote 0

Tater48

We do the CD / Photobook for every trip. The books are really nicely done, and with the pre purchase price, we think it's worth it. We always end up with a couple hundred pictures on the CD. Every trip makes different memories.

Upvote 0

yankspy

We do the CD / Photobook for every trip. The books are really nicely done, and with the pre purchase price, we think it's worth it. We always end up with a couple hundred pictures on the CD. Every trip makes different memories.
I was thinking of doing exactly that for our upcoming trip. What is the cost if you do not mind me asking?

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

At the moment, the only ride photo that can be added is Test Track

This is no longer the case. Space Mountain can be added, however you need to pay for it. There are a few options including a print, download only, or a copy on a USB stick + download I believe. Test Track is still free however.

Upvote 0

Mukta

I have used photopass and I purchased the CD one year.
For me, it really isn't worth the price. I hand the photographer my camera also. They take a few with their camera and add it to the photopass card. Then they take a few of the same shots with my camera.

The 'special effects' of adding characters is cute, but not really worth the money in my opinion.

Upvote 0

erinshaneb

Original Poster
I noticed if i pre-purchase it's $99 for the cd and $149 for the cd and book..The book alone is $79.99 after, but it only has 20 pages in it..I can do an online photo album with 20 pages for $20.00..so i am still torn..I can do it at another site and get alot more pics for the same price..I may wait and see what pics we have when we get home..my dad is going with us and he used to be a professional photographer and has an awesome camera so we will have some great shots..now I know the background of the pages won't be "disney", but...I don't know..:drevil:

Upvote 0

yankspy

I noticed if i pre-purchase it's $99 for the cd and $149 for the cd and book..The book alone is $79.99 after, but it only has 20 pages in it..I can do an online photo album with 20 pages for $20.00..so i am still torn..I can do it at another site and get alot more pics for the same price..I may wait and see what pics we have when we get home..my dad is going with us and he used to be a professional photographer and has an awesome camera so we will have some great shots..now I know the background of the pages won't be "disney", but...I don't know..:drevil:
I am confused. The advertisement for just the book says "up to 60 pages".

Upvote 0

KC82271

Just be advised that the CD goes up to $149 (I think that's the amount) after your trip. The $99 is a pre-arrival price.

I buy the CD, then I buy my book from one of the online sites for like $25 - much cheaper!

Upvote 0

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I agree that I always pre-buy the CD. I've never done the photo album, I always plan on doing on myself when I get home.

(looks above his desk at the empty photo-album purchased for 2009 trip) :lookaroun

Still I dont think it's worth the extra money for the album, but I love not worrying about handing my camera over to folks and getting the CD. We get typically 80-100 pictures on the photopass by the time we get home, and there are usually some really great ones. I know we have 4-5 framed on our walls right now that we just printed at home.

Upvote 0

nicnic

Hi,
We used to get the photo cd at the end of our stay, this is now $150.
The pre-arrival cd of $99, how does it work? Do they send you a cd and you then take it to the photo stop in the disney parks to then add your pics?
Also we live in the UK, not sure if they will post to us!
Thanks

just found out they do international shipping free!!!

Upvote 0

njbuck

When you purchase the Photopass CD, you also get a letter which states that you now own the rights to the photos. Then you can upload the photos to another photo sharing site on the web or take them to your local drug store and you can create a photo book there for 1/2 of what Disney charges you. Find an online coupon for this "other" place and you can save even more.

Upvote 0

nicnic

Ok so let me get this right, i'm a bit slow on the uptake!!

I'm purchasing a $99 photo cd before I go to Disney, how do I then get my photos onto the cd, do I do this using the photopass card with all my pictures on when I get home, or do they add them to the cd when I am in Disney?

Sorry to sound stupid but like I said before, we always did this at the end of our stay in Disney and they added the pics to the card, but if i'm saving $50 i'll try this.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

Ok so let me get this right, i'm a bit slow on the uptake!!

I'm purchasing a $99 photo cd before I go to Disney, how do I then get my photos onto the cd, do I do this using the photopass card with all my pictures on when I get home, or do they add them to the cd when I am in Disney?

Sorry to sound stupid but like I said before, we always did this at the end of our stay in Disney and they added the pics to the card, but if i'm saving $50 i'll try this.

Thanks again.
What happens is you pre-pay for the CD. They email you a code that you put in the Photopass checkout when you order the CD after your trip and they send you the CD.

Upvote 0

njbuck

When you pre-purchase the photo CD before you go, they will send you an email with all of the instructions. This is what I remember:

Save the photopass cards that the photographers give you when they take you picture at the parks. When you get home, you login to the photopass website and enter the codes from these photopass cards. You can then copy and edit the photos to add Disney borders and graphics if you want.

Once you are ready, you order the CD via the photopass website. They will send you the photos on the CD. The release letter will also be on the CD, so if you have any problems taking your .jpg files to the local photo store, all you have to do is print and show the release letter.

Upvote 0

KnK

Hi,
We used to get the photo cd at the end of our stay, this is now $150.
The pre-arrival cd of $99, how does it work? Do they send you a cd and you then take it to the photo stop in the disney parks to then add your pics?
Also we live in the UK, not sure if they will post to us!
Thanks

just found out they do international shipping free!!!

Just bought mine today for our upcoming trip, this will be the third year for us.

They will give you a number to use at a later date, then once you get home you upload your photopass numbers. You then have 30 days to review and modify pictures.

When you've done that, then you order using the number they provided you with before the trip. The CD will be mailed to you.

It's nice to play with the pictures, you can enhance and crop them and all will be added to the CD.

As a digital scrapbooker, it's a wonder way to get pictures.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom