PhotoPass

MaxsDad

Original Poster
This may be old news, but here goes.

Most people know you can pre order the photopass CD before your trip for a $25 discount ($100). This way you can get unlimited pictures on your vacation.

I did not know this though until last week: While there, you can go to some resorts (BC, SSR, and WL for example) and get a photopass photographer to follow you around the resort and take pictures. If you get the preorder CD, it is only $25 for half an hour of personal professional photography. Not bad if you ask me.

We were at WL last week during its introduction period there. Shots are beautiful, considering the subjects!:ROFLOL:

hi maxsdad,
i posted a question about this a couple of weeks ago, because i was interested in doing this in sept. May I ask if you have the pics yet? could u email a couple so i could see the quality?
how was the photographer?

MaxsDad

Original Poster
I haven't ordered them yet, but i have looked at them. They are good.

He was nice. I think they had worked out certain locations that they knew would make good pictures. I only suggested a couple of shots because he seemed to be going to places I was thinking of going to beforehand anyway. He seemed to know what he was doing.

One piece of advice I would give is this: consider the time of day. By the way, you need to make an appointment usually. Our appointment was for 8:30 AM. I thought this would be great because it would still be cool, pretty morning all that stuff. Well, at that time the sun is still pretty low on the horizon, so I had a hard time keeping my eyes open in some shots. Keep this and things like this in mind.

I will try to send or post a picture when I get the disk in the mail.

How long did they say it would take before you got your disk?
we have a late seating at the Spirit of aloha show (8pm) so I was thinking we could do it before that (sunset) and we will be dressed a little nicer then the normal park clothing.
I am looking forward to seeing them. Please keep me posted.

MaxsDad

Original Poster
When I have ordered pictures form them in the past, it takes about a week.

The delay will be us. WE had over 110 photopass pictures taken last week total. With the CD, we can go in and edit those pictures, add borders and whatnot. With that many pictures, it might take us a while.

We also tried to dress beyond our normal WDW wear. I think that is a good idea. The Poly is likely one of the resorts with the photographers. If that is where you are wanting to do it, you might want to go to the website and ask.

PeoplemoverTTA

Thanks for the info, MaxsDad! I knew about the CD, but not about the photographer. My next trip is going to be the first family trip, and "big trip" in four years (although I've been 10 times since then, not with my entire family, and not for more than 5 days at a time). I think this might be a perfect way to capture lots of family pics with the five of us (we have very few from our trips in 2001 and 2004 of all of us). Very cool!

WDW-LUVR

they also do this at the GF. We preordered the Cd when we went at christmas didn't do the resort photoshoot though. We did end up with over 250 pics just on the cd. IMO the cd is the best way to go.

HinunterZuNich

While taking the boat from Epcot back to the Dolphin, I saw a family along with a Disney Photopass person taking pictures on the Yacht/Beach Club beach! They were staging photos of the children walking away from the camera holding hands, I bet them came out great. I'm fairly sure the person was wearing the 'vest' that they all wear in the parks.

Mike

lilclerk

I'd heard about this at the GF but not other resorts, that is really cool! So you get a discount on the resort photographer if you pre-order the photopass CD?

KnK

What is the site to preorder? I had not heard about this....don't know how I missed it.

We usually get out CD every year.

PhilharMagician

I just called to find out which resorts they offer the service.
  • GF
  • Poly
  • SSR
  • YC/BC
  • WL
According to the website they only do the GF, so they have added a few resorts. Hopefully they add on AKL and other resorts.

We are heading down the 13-20 of Sept. And I booked the Beach Club. I can't wait to try this. We are bringing our niece down for ther first visit. I just think it is just a great deal, then you have unlimited access of your photos with the cd.;)

NewfieFan

• GF
  • Poly
  • SSR
  • YC/BC
  • WL
According to the website they only do the GF, so they have added a few resorts. Hopefully they add on AKL and other resorts.

I had already planned to do this but I thought it was only at the GF. Which of these sites would people recommend?

MaxsDad

Original Poster
  • GF
  • Poly
  • SSR
  • YC/BC
  • WL

I wanted to add this. I asked if they had it at AKL because we would be there later this year (Dec.). The photopass guy at the booth said it should be there too by then.

One thing to remember, you might want to have your code and/or your confirmation E Mail to show them that you pre paid for the CD so you can get the discount on the session when you are in WDW.

Newfie,

WL was nice. I don't think you could go wrong with any of those really, from what I know/seen of the resorts.

djpoore94

Do you have to be a guest at the resort that actually offers this, or can you be a guest at any of the resorts (we're going to be at POR). I mentioned this to DH last night and he actaully sounded interested (maybe because we have not had a "formal" photo session since our wedding 14 years ago)!

Also, we couldn't find any info on the website for ordering the CD, how would we book a session?

Do you have to be a guest at the resort that actually offers this, or can you be a guest at any of the resorts (we're going to be at POR). I mentioned this to DH last night and he actaully sounded interested (maybe because we have not had a "formal" photo session since our wedding 14 years ago)!

Also, we couldn't find any info on the website for ordering the CD, how would we book a session?

You can be a guest at any of the resorts. We are staying at the Caribbean beach and I booked the Beach Club.
http://wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/digital-photos.htm#resorts here is a link about the sessions... Hope you have fund.

DiPSU224

We haven't used the Photopass system for a few years, but if you preorder the CD, do you have to pay for the individual pics when you order them from home? That was the case back in '05 when we used them.

I wish this resort service has been in effect for our honeymoon. It would have been a really nice treat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom