Photopass plus... worth it?

agorna

I've used the orginal photopass in the parks for several years now and ended up buy the cd of my pictures at the end of my trip.. but this is the first time I've ever heard of photopass plus... I know you can preorder it before your trip and save some money that way, but I don really know the difference between it and the orginal one... can someone explain it to me?? and is it worth it for my upcoming disneymoon in October??

agorna

Original Poster
Absolutely worth it! We bought it last September and it was money well spent. Not only do you get every PP taken, but it also includes all of the rides that have on-board pictures taken. For a Disneymoon, I would absolutely recommend it.

Oh that's really neat... how does it work tho? like for the ride photos? do you have to scan your photo card after the ride, where you would usually purchase the photos?

also.. when you preorder it, do they send you the card in the mail?

sry for asking so many questions its just all very new to me. I appreciate it :)

Upvote 0

DisneyWall-E

YES! Totally worth it if your going to be there a while(like 6 days or more, IMHO). All on ride photos are included and all meals that take photos are included(ie..Chef Mickey's, Hoop Dee Doo, etc...). Make sure to ask for magic shots too.
Oh that's really neat... how does it work tho? like for the ride photos? do you have to scan your photo card after the ride, where you would usually purchase the photos?

also.. when you preorder it, do they send you the card in the mail?

sry for asking so many questions its just all very new to me. I appreciate it :)

You get your on ride # and bring it too the photo desk where you order. Also, if you don't have time to wait you can bring the # back any time before the end of the day. You don't get a hard copy of your photo they add it to your CD Then you can print as many as you want when you get home.

They sent me a CD case with the stock photos and a voucher was in it. You just took the voucher to any photopass store in any of the parks or Downtown Disney and they give you the card and lanyard.

Upvote 0

olinecoach61

We did it and will do it again. I purchased it at the poly on the first day of my trip. We got a lanyard with a fob and just used it like a regular photo pass and showed it after rides and those pics were on our photo pass. Only pic I've ever had on space mountain!

Upvote 0

jrab0616

If you're going to per order, you have to order at least 14 days before your trip. Otherwise, you'll pay full price at the parks. For me I think it depends? Are the ride pictures important to you? Will you be doing a lot of character meals? If so, than yes, the photopass+ is probably good for you. If you don't really plan to use it for those things, you can just preorder a CD and do photopass as usual. Of course the advantage of preordering is that it's considerably cheaper.

Upvote 0

agorna

Original Poster
If you're going to per order, you have to order at least 14 days before your trip. Otherwise, you'll pay full price at the parks. For me I think it depends? Are the ride pictures important to you? Will you be doing a lot of character meals? If so, than yes, the photopass+ is probably good for you. If you don't really plan to use it for those things, you can just preorder a CD and do photopass as usual. Of course the advantage of preordering is that it's considerably cheaper.
we would def preorder it, as we are still 160 day away from our trip... we only have one character breakfast scheduled right now (CRT) and ride photos usually aren't that important to me however it will be my honeymoon when we go as well as my finances first time at Disney... so I'm thinking I wanna capture his face on the rides. he'll probably look like a happy five year old :)

Yeah it's not on the Photopass home page. Here is the link.

thanks!

Upvote 0

Mike Cohen

I've used the orginal photopass in the parks for several years now and ended up buy the cd of my pictures at the end of my trip.. but this is the first time I've ever heard of photopass plus... I know you can preorder it before your trip and save some money that way, but I don really know the difference between it and the orginal one... can someone explain it to me?? and is it worth it for my upcoming disneymoon in October??
Hi there! We had Photopass+ for the first time on our most recent trip to WDW. In addition to the ride pictures, you also get the dining photos - you know, the ones that they show you while you're eating and ask if you'd like to buy them? Well, with Photopass+, they show them to you, and then they give them to you! We actually have ours all displayed in our front entryway. They're great pictures and they make us smile every time we come home!

Upvote 0

agorna

Original Poster
Hi there! We had Photopass+ for the first time on our most recent trip to WDW. In addition to the ride pictures, you also get the dining photos - you know, the ones that they show you while you're eating and ask if you'd like to buy them? Well, with Photopass+, they show them to you, and then they give them to you! We actually have ours all displayed in our front entryway. They're great pictures and they make us smile every time we come home!
do you happen to know which restaurants offer pictures?

Upvote 0

Raven66

This trip will be our first time using Photo Pass+. We decided to get it because this trip is for our daughter's 16th bday and she is bringing a friend who is a first timer. So we figured it would be worth it.

There should be a list of the rides and restaurants on the link that a previous poster gave you. I just don't remember what they are:D

Have fun on your trip!!

Upvote 0

Mike Cohen

1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana (just breakfast), Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show, Chef Mickey's, Cinderella's Royal Table, Tusker House (just breakfast), Hoop-dee-doo Musical Revue, and Princess Storybook Dining at Akershsus Roual Banquet Hall.

Upvote 0

prfctlyximprct

where can u purchase it? I can't seem to find it on the actual photopass website

I'm jealous of your 69 days! I'm at 160 :(

Someone beat me to posting the site, but your 160 days will fly by! Booked my trip at 176 days out and I can't get over that there's only 68 days left!! I can't wait!! :)

Upvote 0

Zman-ks

Absolutley worth it.
75.gif

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom