Photopass plus help needed!

bsmartin2000

Could someone please explain to me how this works? I am taking my Grandkids age 5 and 1 in August and I am wondering if I should get photopass plus? I have tried to find out how this works and if it would be a good idea. I plan on doing all our 7ts meals with characters. Any help greatly appreciated!

Gt2BtheGoodLife

I was really on the fence about getting PhotoPass Plus. I thought it would be good to try but they cost was holding me back. After reading this thread, I decided to just go for it, taking into consideration the considerable amount of a discount is being offered for paying for it prior to the trip. This will give me one more thing to look forward to getting in the mail while I try to control my anticipation for our trip. Looking forward to using it. Gt2theGoodLife, thank you for sharing all of your knowledge! It was most helpful in making my decision.

You're very welcome! Like I said, there's absolutely no limit to how many pictures you can get, and you'd be suprised how many pictures you can take during a vacation! I know I took a little princess for her birthday and we only did 3 character meet and greets (princesses in TST, Mickey in TST, and fairies in the Nook) and ended up with 100 pictures just from those three! (6 characters total)

Upvote 0

awoogala

Actually, you can ONLY get the picture added at the RIDE photo view station. If you bring it to the photopass view station, you will have to go back to the ride view station. The two systems aren't connected.

and anecdotally, we got the pp+, and gave up on many ride photos. It took too darn long to wait after every ride while they printed photos for the other 5-20 people in line. they need a much faster system if they are going to push this- I am wondering if the rfid system is going to be set up where you can just tap and get your phot, because right now, waiting for the cm to find it, have you approve it, then add it to your card takes way too long to make it worthwhile when there is a line!

Upvote 0

goodlife78

One quick question, I love the idea of pp+ but my DS, his fav ride is test track (we musta rode it 50 times last year). In reading all the posts and checking out websites I don't see test track as part of pp+ but it is available on attractions + does anyone know if TT is part of PP+ also

Upvote 0

Gt2BtheGoodLife

One quick question, I love the idea of pp+ but my DS, his fav ride is test track (we musta rode it 50 times last year). In reading all the posts and checking out websites I don't see test track as part of pp+ but it is available on attractions + does anyone know if TT is part of PP+ also

Test track is included, when PP+ came out, TT was very close to going down for the long refurb and from what I know now it is included on the PP+, if you can get a picture on the ride, then you can do it :)

Upvote 0

prfctlyximprct

Is the digital download of your photos included? So say I bought photopass+ and wanted to upload the images to Facebook would I have to incur any other costs? Or buy downloading the images ill have them?

Upvote 0

KatMaria

Is the digital download of your photos included? So say I bought photopass+ and wanted to upload the images to Facebook would I have to incur any other costs? Or buy downloading the images ill have them?

Sorry for jumping in on here but I worked merchandise at Disney so I know this answer. PP+ has digital downloads of all the pictures you get at the park (ride photo,character photos,dining photos, on the street photos). You get one card that has a code on the back and that is what you use to access your photos online to download the pictures. Some photos can take longer to be put online, rides usually take 24 hours to get online. There is no fee but for the one photo pass+ fee and you just download you pictures to your computer and then to facebook. Hope that helped.

Upvote 0

KatMaria

and anecdotally, we got the pp+, and gave up on many ride photos. It took too darn long to wait after every ride while they printed photos for the other 5-20 people in line. they need a much faster system if they are going to push this- I am wondering if the rfid system is going to be set up where you can just tap and get your phot, because right now, waiting for the cm to find it, have you approve it, then add it to your card takes way too long to make it worthwhile when there is a line!
It is in the works ;)

Upvote 0

melmood2000

So I know last year we were only allowed one photopass plus card on the lanyard, has this changed are you allowed 2? There are a few days my family is going to be split up (boys going one park girls another).

Upvote 0

marealtor

You're very welcome! Like I said, there's absolutely no limit to how many pictures you can get, and you'd be suprised how many pictures you can take during a vacation! I know I took a little princess for her birthday and we only did 3 character meet and greets (princesses in TST, Mickey in TST, and fairies in the Nook) and ended up with 100 pictures just from those three! (6 characters total)
Actually, you can ONLY get the picture added at the RIDE photo view station. If you bring it to the photopass view station, you will have to go back to the ride view station. The two systems aren't connected.
If you have a large group and one person paid for PP+ can the rest take a copy of the bar code with their phone to use for ride/dinner photos to add to the account or do you have to go back with the physical lanyard card?

Upvote 0
Yes, at least last year. We took a photo of our PP+ code on our phone which you should do with all PP even if not '+' That way if lost they can pull it up and you can still get your pictures. We split up several times and one day forgot it in the room. Just grab a regular PP card from any photographer and then later connect it to your account online. We were able to have the ride places look it up by the code the day I forgot it in the room. That does take a few minutes longer so best if you have the actually card with you but no worries if you don't!

Upvote 0

Gt2BtheGoodLife

If you have a large group and one person paid for PP+ can the rest take a copy of the bar code with their phone to use for ride/dinner photos to add to the account or do you have to go back with the physical lanyard card?

You have to go back with the physical card. If you don't have the physical card on you if you get off a ride, go ahead and get the number and if you can, get back to the ride before park close and just add it once you have the physical card in your hands, if for some reason you run into an issue, you can always stop by the parks view station as well. As for dining, you still need the physical card as well but I'm not 100% sure at this very second how you would go about obtaining the photo at the dining location and I don't want to give any wrong information so I'm going to recommend that you ask the CM's at the dining location how to obtain your photo! or to even ask when you get your PP+ lanyard as well

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom