Photopass plus help needed!

bsmartin2000

Could someone please explain to me how this works? I am taking my Grandkids age 5 and 1 in August and I am wondering if I should get photopass plus? I have tried to find out how this works and if it would be a good idea. I plan on doing all our 7ts meals with characters. Any help greatly appreciated!

Gt2BtheGoodLife

Wow!!!! Super informative!!! You sold me!!!!

Glad I could help!!

I
It really wasn't that bad, maybe about an hour. The day I downloaded them I sent a few to Walgreens for printing and had them an hour later. It sure beat waiting a couple weeks for the CD!

Awesome! I've heard so many different things with download time so to have an approximate time to an amount of photos really helps! thanks so much!

Upvote 0

stevehousse

Anyone have any info on how the new magic+ experience with PP+ work? If u get the package, u will receive wristbands. Does everyone in your party receive one? And if so, will i miss the opertunity to prebook my FPs ? There are so many questions with this new system it is driving me nuts not knowing what is going on!

I think if u sign up for the package that should allow you to book the FP s early!

Upvote 0
This sounds great! So I go on splash mountain, get the number of my picture, they load it to my photopass right there, that picture will now be on my CD....when I am home I can print it from Walgreens or where ever....is this correct? I am not spending additional money by buying the picture directly from Splash.

Upvote 0

Gt2BtheGoodLife

This sounds great! So I go on splash mountain, get the number of my picture, they load it to my photopass right there, that picture will now be on my CD....when I am home I can print it from Walgreens or where ever....is this correct? I am not spending additional money by buying the picture directly from Splash.

Correct :) but this only works with the photopass + (and attractions + but that's another story)

Upvote 0

nicnic

Hi, just wondering how early you can order the cd to get it at $149?
We are going in October, if we ordered it now, do we pay now or when we return and actually order the cd? If so then would it still be at the lower price in case if price increases.
Thanks

Upvote 0

Gt2BtheGoodLife

Hi, just wondering how early you can order the cd to get it at $149?
We are going in October, if we ordered it now, do we pay now or when we return and actually order the cd? If so then would it still be at the lower price in case if price increases.
Thanks

You can purchase as early as you want! You would pay now for the CD and then you just do the edits and fill in the promo code and shipping confirmation once you get back. If you can keep the record handy from now until October then go ahead, if you want to wait, go ahead as well, it's completely up to you, just make sure it's ordered 2 weeks before your vacation to be safe (even though it's all done through the website, you don't go to the view station to get your photo CD). The pre-order option is always available if there is a price increase, the price of the pre-order may change though. That question would be better asked to Photopass Guest Support as I know absolutely nothing of that (let me know if you need contact information, it can also be found on the photopass website)

Upvote 0

Gt2BtheGoodLife

Anyone have any info on how the new magic+ experience with PP+ work? If u get the package, u will receive wristbands. Does everyone in your party receive one? And if so, will i miss the opertunity to prebook my FPs ? There are so many questions with this new system it is driving me nuts not knowing what is going on!

I think if u sign up for the package that should allow you to book the FP s early!

As of this morning unless something has changed, there's no information that has been officially put out by Disney/Photopass about how the photopass experience will work with the Magic Bands. Since the Magic Bands are supposed to start showing up around spring, I'd just keep an eye out to see if any information is put out. As for the FP+, I do believe there are threads devoted to the subject since FP+ has been in testing phase for use with the Magic Band system already.

Upvote 0

Dcokers

Take the voucher to a photo center in any park. They will give you a red photo pass plus card which is attached to a lanyard. Take a photo of this card in case you loose it.

Is there a listing of where the photo centers are in the park. I foresee ourselves walking into the park for the first time spending time trying to get our photo card.

Can you have a picture taken before you've gotten your voucher and get it added to our CD later?

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Is there a listing of where the photo centers are in the park. I foresee ourselves walking into the park for the first time spending time trying to get our photo card.

Can you have a picture taken before you've gotten your voucher and get it added to our CD later?

They are right as you walk in the park. At Epcot, its to the right as you enter the park. And then at MK, next to the theater. DHS, I think to the right as well, so I will go out on a limb and say its as you enter the park to the right. :)

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Oh, and yes, you can. Get a photo snapped and scanned to a photopass card. Then take that photopass card to the photo center where you pick up your lanyard and have them add the photos to the lanyard card.

Upvote 0

UPbeekeeper

I was really on the fence about getting PhotoPass Plus. I thought it would be good to try but they cost was holding me back. After reading this thread, I decided to just go for it, taking into consideration the considerable amount of a discount is being offered for paying for it prior to the trip. This will give me one more thing to look forward to getting in the mail while I try to control my anticipation for our trip. Looking forward to using it. Gt2theGoodLife, thank you for sharing all of your knowledge! It was most helpful in making my decision.

Upvote 0

wishing_upon_a_dstar

Hi there. I have a few threads on this that I will try and get the links to. But basically, it works just like the regular photo pass but just more. Order ahead of time, and you get a disk and a voucher. The voucher is two parts. There is one in the disk jacket that is for obtaining the disk at the end of your trip. And the one on the front of the disk jacket is for obtaining the pass in the parks. So...here's what you do. Take the voucher to a photo center in any park. They will give you a red photo pass plus card which is attached to a lanyard. Take a photo of this card in case you loose it. They will punch it with dates so that you can only use it for 2 weeks after obtaining the voucher. Now...start taking pics! Find a photopass photographer and they will scan your card. You view, edit and access your pics just like with the original photopass. Now....the bonus. You go on a ride which has photos? Get the photo number and take the number, and your lanyard to where you collect photos after the ride and they add the photos onto your card. Now you have those too! And the dining - some restaurants do it differently but basically, you get photos printed like normal from the meals that come with them. AND the photopass photographer will add them to the lanyard. They usually take a pic of the lanyard and they are added on behind the scenes. However, like at O'hana, we had to take the receipt from the pictures and have them manually added on at the photopass kiosk.

You then edit and add borders to your pictures and then order the disk using the voucher inside your disk jacket that came in the mail. One more thing - you can digitally download the pics too instead of waiting for the disk.

Let me know if you have any other questions. :) I love it!

Thank you for the information, is there any way to get the photopass plus extended? We are stating for 23 days and don't reli want to get 2 photopass plus cards.

Has anyone had the card extended?

Thank you xx

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Thank you for the information, is there any way to get the photopass plus extended? We are stating for 23 days and don't reli want to get 2 photopass plus cards.

Has anyone had the card extended?

Thank you xx

No, I would call photopass or email but I don't believe that there is way to extend it. I could be mistaken but I know they punch it for 14 days from the date purchased.

Upvote 0

Sumrdog

Here's the entire PP+ spiel that I give to Guests all the time:

Photopass Plus is probably one of the best values that's around right now for our product, you get all of your photos that you can possibly have taken (I have seen cards come through the view with upwards of 1k photos) during your vacation, this includes icon shots (castle, tree, SSE, hat/TOT, etc) so go absolutely crazy, ask for magic shots (ask for magic shots ask for magic shots ask for magic shots! you'd be suprised just how many the photographers can do really, some of them are location exclusive so make sure to ask around when you get your photos taken!) Really, it all comes down to your grandkids and how they do, if you happen to know that they are of the character liking type, then the purchase will come in handy as some amazing shots are caught in character interactions. Even if you just want to do the icon shots it's still ok. We are everywhere and anywhere, we are near all the icons and with characters as well, if you're traveling during the spring/summer we are also at the water parks! A little known fact, there is a small studio at Downtown Disney that is on a first come/first served basis (mostly used for Boutique photoshoots, but still anyone can use it!). Next comes the attractions - all of your attraction photos are included! (if you're just wanting attraction photos, don't fret, there is a new product called Attractions + that is unlimited attractions photos for one price) So go on Buzz 3838523 times! There is a full list of the rides included, but some of them are Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Tower of Terror, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Rockin' Roller Coaster - considering you have little ones, going on Buzz may be the big attraction. And then last but not least is the dining photos! In each of our dining locations there is an 'icon' shot of sorts (the mickey statue at chef mickeys, the picture of Cinderella Castle at 1900 park faire, etc etc.) and these photos get added directly to your photopass card (as well as you getting the print copy if memory serves me right, which on it's own is $31.90 with tax) make sure you double check all the character meals because Photopass photographers are not at all character dining locations (Crystal Palace for instance) and I'm not 100% sure if there are photographers that follow the characters to get more pictures (I haven't worked at any of the dining locations since before PP+ was created), so if anything you will at least get that icon shot.

Then comes the best part. ORDERING THE CD!!!!!!! When you recieve your PP+ lanyard, there is a date punched on it to mark 14 days after purchase (that is your deadline to get ride and dining photos on there by, but make sure to always get those on your PP+ the same day because the ride system isn't the same as the normal photopass system). You use the lanyard as you would a regular photopass card (make sure to take a picture of the back of the card! Incase you lose the lanyard we can look up the number, please also make sure to have your reciept/proof of purchase with you as well to help assist in a lost PP+ card). If your group happens to split up, no big deal, you can always bring multiple cards to the view station to combine everything onto the PP+ card (this works well with like big groups or families that split the PP+)

So once you're completely done with your vacation, you do not return to the view station to pick up your CD. You get to do all that from the comfort of your own home! You will have 30 days from your initial access of your photos on the photopass website to do all your edits to your photos - you can do a total of 3 edits per photo and also the original as well (for example: you have an amazing photo of the castle that you love (this is your raw image, no edits) and then you can also add a 2013 border (edit number 1), and then after that, you want a copy in black and white (edit number 2), and lastly it's little Jimmy's first visit, so you add on the first visit border (edit number 3) and you save each edit so you end up with 4 photos, to quadruple your amount of photos).

Overall PP+ is amazing for families that want to get the most out of the Photopass service and is just overall pretty amazing as well. I'm a photopass CM at MK so feel free to message me if you have anymore questions, sorry if I put way too much information or got too specific!

That sounds like a great deal...Is it available for the Disney Cruises?

Upvote 0

awoogala

there is also one at downtown disney, if you can make it there before the parks- saved us some time.

Upvote 0

jackson2005

yep! Like if mom and dad are at MK and Susie and Johnie are at Studios, someone hold on to the PP+ and then the other group just use a regular card to combine at a later time (the only thing I'm still not sure of myself even is how it goes with the ride photos if Johnie and Susie went on ToT 38824 times while mom and dad have the PP+ on IASW, because I know the photo has to basically be added to the PP+ same day kinda thing. I'll look into the answer though :) )

They need the PP+ to put the pictures from rides and meals on your card. Rides you can take the number and go to a photo stop and they can get the pictures added. (if the person working knows how! we had one that didn't so had to go to another place to get it done) any other pictures can be added from any PP card on to your account.
We loved it..

Upvote 0

Gt2BtheGoodLife

They need the PP+ to put the pictures from rides and meals on your card. Rides you can take the number and go to a photo stop and they can get the pictures added. (if the person working knows how! we had one that didn't so had to go to another place to get it done) any other pictures can be added from any PP card on to your account.
We loved it..

Actually, you can ONLY get the picture added at the RIDE photo view station. If you bring it to the photopass view station, you will have to go back to the ride view station. The two systems aren't connected.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom