Photopass plus help needed!

bsmartin2000

Could someone please explain to me how this works? I am taking my Grandkids age 5 and 1 in August and I am wondering if I should get photopass plus? I have tried to find out how this works and if it would be a good idea. I plan on doing all our 7ts meals with characters. Any help greatly appreciated!

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi there. I have a few threads on this that I will try and get the links to. But basically, it works just like the regular photo pass but just more. Order ahead of time, and you get a disk and a voucher. The voucher is two parts. There is one in the disk jacket that is for obtaining the disk at the end of your trip. And the one on the front of the disk jacket is for obtaining the pass in the parks. So...here's what you do. Take the voucher to a photo center in any park. They will give you a red photo pass plus card which is attached to a lanyard. Take a photo of this card in case you loose it. They will punch it with dates so that you can only use it for 2 weeks after obtaining the voucher. Now...start taking pics! Find a photopass photographer and they will scan your card. You view, edit and access your pics just like with the original photopass. Now....the bonus. You go on a ride which has photos? Get the photo number and take the number, and your lanyard to where you collect photos after the ride and they add the photos onto your card. Now you have those too! And the dining - some restaurants do it differently but basically, you get photos printed like normal from the meals that come with them. AND the photopass photographer will add them to the lanyard. They usually take a pic of the lanyard and they are added on behind the scenes. However, like at O'hana, we had to take the receipt from the pictures and have them manually added on at the photopass kiosk.

You then edit and add borders to your pictures and then order the disk using the voucher inside your disk jacket that came in the mail. One more thing - you can digitally download the pics too instead of waiting for the disk.

Let me know if you have any other questions. :) I love it!

Upvote 0

Gt2BtheGoodLife

Here's the entire PP+ spiel that I give to Guests all the time:

Photopass Plus is probably one of the best values that's around right now for our product, you get all of your photos that you can possibly have taken (I have seen cards come through the view with upwards of 1k photos) during your vacation, this includes icon shots (castle, tree, SSE, hat/TOT, etc) so go absolutely crazy, ask for magic shots (ask for magic shots ask for magic shots ask for magic shots! you'd be suprised just how many the photographers can do really, some of them are location exclusive so make sure to ask around when you get your photos taken!) Really, it all comes down to your grandkids and how they do, if you happen to know that they are of the character liking type, then the purchase will come in handy as some amazing shots are caught in character interactions. Even if you just want to do the icon shots it's still ok. We are everywhere and anywhere, we are near all the icons and with characters as well, if you're traveling during the spring/summer we are also at the water parks! A little known fact, there is a small studio at Downtown Disney that is on a first come/first served basis (mostly used for Boutique photoshoots, but still anyone can use it!). Next comes the attractions - all of your attraction photos are included! (if you're just wanting attraction photos, don't fret, there is a new product called Attractions + that is unlimited attractions photos for one price) So go on Buzz 3838523 times! There is a full list of the rides included, but some of them are Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Tower of Terror, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Rockin' Roller Coaster - considering you have little ones, going on Buzz may be the big attraction. And then last but not least is the dining photos! In each of our dining locations there is an 'icon' shot of sorts (the mickey statue at chef mickeys, the picture of Cinderella Castle at 1900 park faire, etc etc.) and these photos get added directly to your photopass card (as well as you getting the print copy if memory serves me right, which on it's own is $31.90 with tax) make sure you double check all the character meals because Photopass photographers are not at all character dining locations (Crystal Palace for instance) and I'm not 100% sure if there are photographers that follow the characters to get more pictures (I haven't worked at any of the dining locations since before PP+ was created), so if anything you will at least get that icon shot.

Then comes the best part. ORDERING THE CD!!!!!!! When you recieve your PP+ lanyard, there is a date punched on it to mark 14 days after purchase (that is your deadline to get ride and dining photos on there by, but make sure to always get those on your PP+ the same day because the ride system isn't the same as the normal photopass system). You use the lanyard as you would a regular photopass card (make sure to take a picture of the back of the card! Incase you lose the lanyard we can look up the number, please also make sure to have your reciept/proof of purchase with you as well to help assist in a lost PP+ card). If your group happens to split up, no big deal, you can always bring multiple cards to the view station to combine everything onto the PP+ card (this works well with like big groups or families that split the PP+)

So once you're completely done with your vacation, you do not return to the view station to pick up your CD. You get to do all that from the comfort of your own home! You will have 30 days from your initial access of your photos on the photopass website to do all your edits to your photos - you can do a total of 3 edits per photo and also the original as well (for example: you have an amazing photo of the castle that you love (this is your raw image, no edits) and then you can also add a 2013 border (edit number 1), and then after that, you want a copy in black and white (edit number 2), and lastly it's little Jimmy's first visit, so you add on the first visit border (edit number 3) and you save each edit so you end up with 4 photos, to quadruple your amount of photos).

Overall PP+ is amazing for families that want to get the most out of the Photopass service and is just overall pretty amazing as well. I'm a photopass CM at MK so feel free to message me if you have anymore questions, sorry if I put way too much information or got too specific!

Upvote 0
Couldn't recommend it enough!!! It was fun getting all the ride photos in top of the regular shots! Almost all the characters had a photopass and we got a ton of great shots with just her and then we usually had a family picture taken also.

Upvote 0

emma c

Sorry to be thick but when you get the cd and you do all your editing can you print the photos yourself? Or do you have to order them and in that case are you changed for each pic you order? Ta Muchly!

Upvote 0
You get the CD with all your pictures and then can do with them what you want. By purchasing you are purchasing the rights. You can print at home or someplace like Walgreens. You can buy individual prints if you wish but that cost adds up fast.

Upvote 0

emma c

ooo might get it for when we go was hoping after loads of hinting and leaving pic of nice cameras about i get a new 1 for xmas but appartly i didt tell him what i wanted......typical!

Upvote 0

CinderellyKelly

Photopass Plus is probably one of the best values that's around right now for our product, you get all of your photos that you can possibly have taken (I have seen cards come through the view with upwards of 1k photos) during your vacation, this includes icon shots (castle, tree, SSE, hat/TOT, etc) so go absolutely crazy, ask for magic shots (ask for magic shots ask for magic shots ask for magic shots! you'd be suprised just how many the photographers can do really, some of them are location exclusive so make sure to ask around when you get your photos taken!) Really, it all comes down to your grandkids and how they do, if you happen to know that they are of the character liking type, then the purchase will come in handy as some amazing shots are caught in character interactions. Even if you just want to do the icon shots it's still ok. We are everywhere and anywhere, we are near all the icons and with characters as well, if you're traveling during the spring/summer we are also at the water parks! A little known fact, there is a small studio at Downtown Disney that is on a first come/first served basis (mostly used for Boutique photoshoots, but still anyone can use it!). Next comes the attractions - all of your attraction photos are included! (if you're just wanting attraction photos, don't fret, there is a new product called Attractions + that is unlimited attractions photos for one price) So go on Buzz 3838523 times! There is a full list of the rides included, but some of them are Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Tower of Terror, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Rockin' Roller Coaster - considering you have little ones, going on Buzz may be the big attraction. And then last but not least is the dining photos! In each of our dining locations there is an 'icon' shot of sorts (the mickey statue at chef mickeys, the picture of Cinderella Castle at 1900 park faire, etc etc.) and these photos get added directly to your photopass card (as well as you getting the print copy if memory serves me right, which on it's own is $31.90 with tax) make sure you double check all the character meals because Photopass photographers are not at all character dining locations (Crystal Palace for instance) and I'm not 100% sure if there are photographers that follow the characters to get more pictures (I haven't worked at any of the dining locations since before PP+ was created), so if anything you will at least get that icon shot.

Then comes the best part. ORDERING THE CD!!!!!!! When you recieve your PP+ lanyard, there is a date punched on it to mark 14 days after purchase (that is your deadline to get ride and dining photos on there by, but make sure to always get those on your PP+ the same day because the ride system isn't the same as the normal photopass system). You use the lanyard as you would a regular photopass card (make sure to take a picture of the back of the card! Incase you lose the lanyard we can look up the number, please also make sure to have your reciept/proof of purchase with you as well to help assist in a lost PP+ card). If your group happens to split up, no big deal, you can always bring multiple cards to the view station to combine everything onto the PP+ card (this works well with like big groups or families that split the PP+)

So once you're completely done with your vacation, you do not return to the view station to pick up your CD. You get to do all that from the comfort of your own home! You will have 30 days from your initial access of your photos on the photopass website to do all your edits to your photos - you can do a total of 3 edits per photo and also the original as well (for example: you have an amazing photo of the castle that you love (this is your raw image, no edits) and then you can also add a 2013 border (edit number 1), and then after that, you want a copy in black and white (edit number 2), and lastly it's little Jimmy's first visit, so you add on the first visit border (edit number 3) and you save each edit so you end up with 4 photos, to quadruple your amount of photos).

Overall PP+ is amazing for families that want to get the most out of the Photopass service and is just overall pretty amazing as well. I'm a photopass CM at MK so feel free to message me if you have anymore questions, sorry if I put way too much information or got too specific!

What if my family goes to different parks one day. Can we combine their pictures onto our photopass plus?

Upvote 0

Gt2BtheGoodLife

What if my family goes to different parks one day. Can we combine their pictures onto our photopass plus?

yep! Like if mom and dad are at MK and Susie and Johnie are at Studios, someone hold on to the PP+ and then the other group just use a regular card to combine at a later time (the only thing I'm still not sure of myself even is how it goes with the ride photos if Johnie and Susie went on ToT 38824 times while mom and dad have the PP+ on IASW, because I know the photo has to basically be added to the PP+ same day kinda thing. I'll look into the answer though :) )

Upvote 0

Gt2BtheGoodLife

Sorry to be thick but when you get the cd and you do all your editing can you print the photos yourself? Or do you have to order them and in that case are you changed for each pic you order? Ta Muchly!

The CD is sent to your house (or you can also do a digital download, which I will warn you does take time because they are high-res images) and from there yeah you can print however you want, convenience store, home printer, online printing source. I always suggest if you go to a store to have the images printed, even though you have the official CD that says Disney on it, bring the legalese to be safe just in case there's any question.

Upvote 0

Gt2BtheGoodLife

hmmm sounds good n explained nice n simples! how much is it?

To buy it in the park it's $199.95 plus tax (either 6.5 or 7% sales tax, I forget which it is) Or you can pre-order for 149 via the photopass website (here: http://www.disneyphotopass.com/specialoffers/wdwppp.htm ) and you will recieve the voucher to get the lanyard. If you do pre-order please triple check the address that the voucher will be sent to, and you need to give yourself at least 14 business days to get the voucher sent to you.When you get the voucher, you just bring it to ANY view station (downtown disney is included!) and get your lanyard and have an awesome vacation!

Also, there is an upgrade option as well! Let's say you already pre-purchased the regular photopass CD and then found out about PP+, you can go to the view and do an upgrade and you'll only be charged the difference, not the price of the full package. You can also upgrade from ride and dining photos as well - if you do this option you will need to have your actual printed reciept from the ride/dining location (the dining locations will give you two reciepts, one that has a bunch of barcodes on it and will more than likely have your last name and a number, and then there's one that looks like a merchandise reciept, this will be the one you will need as your proof of purchase.

Upvote 0

Sharired

I cannot get over how great it was for us to get Photopass Plus for our recent trip. We were only in the parks for 4 days and got a little over 400! They are all such beautiful pictures, much better than ones I would have taken on my camera. We chose to do the digital download because I was too impatient to wait on the CD. : )

Upvote 0

Gt2BtheGoodLife

I cannot get over how great it was for us to get Photopass Plus for our recent trip. We were only in the parks for 4 days and got a little over 400! They are all such beautiful pictures, much better than ones I would have taken on my camera. We chose to do the digital download because I was too impatient to wait on the CD. : )

Can I ask how long the digital download took?

Upvote 0

Swim mom

I also forget to mention overall something else that comes with the PP+: The Disney's Photo Gallery CD. This CD includes over 350 professional images (stock images if you will) and you also do get rights to print those as well.

Here's more info from the photopass website on the Photo Gallery CD: http://www.disneyphotopass.com/photocd.aspx?product=gallerycd

When we got the photo gallery CD we ordered a calendar online from Walgreen's using the professional photos. Turned out great!

Upvote 0

CinderellyKelly

Wow!!!! Super informative!!! You sold me!!!!

Upvote 0

Gt2BtheGoodLife

So to answer earlier questions about if the PP+ is only with one part of the group while someone else in the group wants a ride photo: Make sure to get the slip from the ride, and for convience sake make sure to make note somewhere of what ride it was. You have 24 hours to get back to that ride and get the picture on there (so really, you've got until the park closes kinda thing) to just get back to the ride with the slip to have the photo added. If for whatever reason you can't get back to the ride within 24 hours, go to the nearest view station asap and see what kind of magic can be made.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom