Photo Update and SSE ride through

forbidden donut

Original Poster
Caught the last day of Christmas parade shooting - this time they are using the Goodyear blimp
90310029.jpg

Note to self - Kelly's hair is really ticklish!
90310031.jpg

Regis between takes
90310032.jpg

More to come-

forbidden donut

Original Poster
Awhile ago there was a thread about a secret path that the Imagineers had put in the AK and I thought I'd take a look to see if I could find it,

This looks like the entrance - it's in the smoking area on the walkway between Africa and Asia
90310038.jpg

It comes to a small creek with some stepping stones
90310033.jpg

Continues around some bamboo
90310035.jpg

Around back towards the main path
90310037.jpg

And back into the smoking area(stepping over the bench)
90310039.jpg

Its not very long but you can wonder around a little.
More to come-

sweetpee_1993

We were in the MK on Saturday, Dec.1st in the morning for our family portrait session while they were filming the parade. Trying to get up Main Street was completely in-sane! While we were shooting our pics we heard the Jonas brothers sing a Christmas song twice. Each time they introduced whoever they were all the girls went totally insane. That's how we got our sons to smile: told 'em the girls would be screaming like that for them. LOL! Anywhoo, when trying to get back out of the park after our shoot (prob'ly about 10:30-ish) we had to work our way thru the Emporium because the sidewalks were shoulder-to-shoulder packed. As we were about to cross the street between the Emporium and the fire station shop Regis and Kelly walked past on their way out to film. It wasn't crowded in that spot at all. A few people yelled their names or tried to get their attention but they pretended like they didn't hear. Hubby thought it was snotty. I figured they just had somewhere to be so couldn't stop to schmooze. I suppose they could have at least acknowledged with a smile or wave, tho. :shrug: That was my first time ever seeing a celeb up close like that (besides the time I was 2nd row on the floor in front of the stage at a Jimmy Buffett concert - he was really close!). Wasn't a big deal. I didn't take any pics or anything.

forbidden donut

Original Poster
While in the AK I witnessed an evacuation of EE,
I always wondered how they would get you off if you got stuck in the worst possible place - between the peaks!

90310040.jpg

It seems that there is a folding handrail that raises on the left side of the track
90310041.jpg

And slowly but surely they have the people climb out of the cars
90310042.jpg

90310043.jpg

More to come-

forbidden donut

Original Poster
Now for the Spaceship Earth ride through
Some of the scenes they changed a little.
Some of the scenes they changed a lot.
Some of the scenes they replaced.
Some of the scenes they deleted altogether
The picture quality may not be the best on some of the photo's as it is a very dark ride and I did not use flash.

90310062.jpg

90310063.jpg

90310065.jpg

90310066.jpg

90310068.jpg

90310069.jpg

More to come

pacochran

Great Pictures so far can't wait to see the others.

Neat pictures of the ride evactuation. My wife and son would have been having heart failure, would never get them on that ride again.

forbidden donut

Original Poster
When you reach to top the Earth is still there but they removed all the scenes that were on the way to the ground level
now during the descent they have you playing with your touch-screen
90310060.jpg

90310061.jpg

90310080.jpg

90310081.jpg

90310082.jpg

90310084.jpg

90310085.jpg

Over all I was disappointed with what they did to the ride, they took out a lot and put in a little, making the ride less than it was before.
Putting that interactive "Jettsons" style cartoon at the end of the ride just didn't do it for me either.

MrBug

Fun post - thx

That "Look up and smile" with the arrow screen has me :ROFLOL:
"Gee, honey, look what can be done with millions of $ and some top creative talent..."
Also my twisted head wants "Now bend over and kiss your..." etc to be the next screen! :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom