Photo Update and SSE ride through

TinkerBell9988

What awesome pictures! Those are the best ones of SSE I have seen yet. It gives me a better idea of the attraction than most of the videos I have seen online.

Great pics of the Christmas Day Parade taping as well! :)

SewIn2Disney

Awesome pictures! So nothing really happens with the "interactive screen"? It just shows a little cartoon of your chosen future? What happens if you don't touch anything? Does it choose for you? Does the screen do anything the rest of the ride?
Did they take out the fiber optic lights and the SSE model on the decent? Is it completly empty now?
(I haven't read the other threads about SSE---too much fighting)

forbidden donut

Original Poster
What kind of camera do you have that can take such great images in such low low light?

Nikon D50 set to 1600 iso and set to underexpose by one stop,(This camera is old now - there are several cameras on the market now that can do much better.)
Lens - Sigma 30mm 1.4 - wide open,
Paintshop Pro noise reduction

forbidden donut

Original Poster
Awesome pictures! So nothing really happens with the "interactive screen"? It just shows a little cartoon of your chosen future? What happens if you don't touch anything? Does it choose for you? Does the screen do anything the rest of the ride?
Did they take out the fiber optic lights and the SSE model on the decent? Is it completely empty now?
(I haven't read the other threads about SSE---too much fighting)

There are lights all the way down but sad to say the fiber optics are no more.
I don't know what it does if you don't touch anything.
You only use the screens on the way down.

Cynderella

Great pictures, thank you! The SSE ones look wonderful for no flash, mine looked like crap! :lol: I was thinking too that the guy for the blue (dont know what its called) scene looked like the grandfather from COP. And I thought the lady from the blue scene had a rather short skirt on! :lookaroun

sparky03

Great pics and thanks for posting!

I still can't get over it ... a great, majestic ride such as SSE and they end it with a silly Jetsons cartoon. Whoo boy. :hammer:

DiPSU224

Thank you so much for the pictures! It may be awhile till I get to experience the new SSE. I couldn't figure out why that older scientist man looked so familiar, but he does look like the grandfather from the last COP scene!

I'm so glad you got pictures of the secret path in AK. It is definetly not what I thought I found last trip. I think that path is going to haunt my dreams! I'm determined to find it on every trip and I fail every time :brick:

Thanks again!

forbidden donut

Original Poster
Great pics and thanks for posting!

I still can't get over it ... a great, majestic ride such as SSE and they end it with a silly Jetsons cartoon. Whoo boy. :hammer:

The first of the two times I rode it that day I did not even get that - about have way through the questions the computer in my ride vehicle rebooted

90408905.jpg

90408908.jpg

90408910.jpg

90408913.jpg

wdwjmp239

Sse 12-15-07

My wife and I went on the new Spaceship Earth and quite honestly, we weren't all that thrilled about the ride changes. The narration changed, but it seemed pretty choppy - there was really no flow to the story. The ending was alright, though with it being the weekend before Christmas and we were up there for a quick weekend jaunt (we live in Naples, FL and can afford to do quick jaunts like that), we didn't stay as long as we'd like to.

Delswife

Cool pictures! I always wondered how they got people off Everest in that spot too.

You have no idea how relieved I am that it doesn't involve parachutes!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom