Photo report

Originally I had reservations at Pop Century but I got this e-mail from Disney asking me if I would like a free upgrade to Old Key West!
At first I thought it was going to be a studio - but imagine my surprise when it turned out to be a villa - alot of space for just one person!
I know that Disney has given random discounts out, but I havent heard of these kinds of upgrades being given before.
Has any body else here recieved or heard of these upgrades before?
63538118.jpg

I took the Segway tour early in my stay - they showed us a video presentation in the dome and then had us run an obstacale course
63538119.jpg

Also part of our training.
62537941.jpg

We had the World Showcase all to ourselves (almost).
62537979.jpg

More to come-

comics101

forbidden donut said:
Originally I had reservations at Pop Century but I got this e-mail from Disney asking me if I would like a free upgrade to Old Key West!
At first I thought it was going to be a studio - but imagine my suprize when it turned out to be a villa - alot of space for just one person!
I know that Disney has given random discounts out, but I havent heard of these kinds of upgrades being given before.
Has any body else here recieved or heard of these upgrades before?
-

In Dec/Jan. 2001, we were supposed to stay at Dixie Landings, and were upgraded to Contemporary. I think it was b/c of 9/11, b/c the food courts were pretty much empty and it seemed like alot of odd stuff happend that year.

forbidden donut

Original Poster
I took some time out to tour the hotels around Epcot.
63538120.jpg

Is it just me, or does the ceiling of the dolphin lobby remind you of an old mattress?
63538121.jpg

I had always wondered what things would look like from the top of the Dolphin.
I couldnt find any hallway windows facing Epcot but I could see alot of interesting things in the other direction.
Here you can see Coronado Springs, the side of Everest that your not supposed to see and the roofs of the Animal Kingdom Lodge.
63538122.jpg

And of course the Magic Kingdom.
63538123.jpg

More to come

M:SpilotISTC12

DisneyRoxMySox said:
Those are some cool shots. I look forward to seeing more.

I wonder if you could run through those woods and end up in AK. :lookaroun
Yes you take some awesome pics.

You probably could but I would imagine there would be a fence there. :lol:

forbidden donut

Original Poster
And way off in the distance you can just see Universal.
63884418.jpg

Also took the Undiscovered Future World Tour.
This is the animatronic at UOE that was replaced by the one of Ellen.
63538129.jpg

Some random images from my trip
63884422.jpg

63889722.jpg

More to come

Baums101

This is funny you say this when we went to the boardwalk we also got upgraded. I will post pics later but is it possible that they will start doing this with everyone/ I mean it is so nice! When we walked in they said that we had been upgraded to cottage suite which was like having your own little house. I loved it! It is the best feeling knowing that after a long day at the park you can come home and sit on a huge queen bed on the second floor of your little cottage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom