Photo Pass

sweetpee_1993

Agree with Lilclerk on this one. I've pre-purchased the photopass cd for our past 5 or 6 trips. Our most recent trip, 11/2010, is the first time I really questioned getting it. Of all those photopass pics there was only 1 or 2 that were keepers. So many were out of focus. Lots were poorly composed. Then the ones that might have been good someone was always squinting or blinking. I think for our next trip I'll preorder but if the pics are as bad as this last trip I'll get a refund. If only 1 or 2 are decent I'll just order a single 8x10 of each and do high-resolution scans at home. 8x10s reduce to perfect quality reprints. :)

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

photos..sometimes they're great others...eh...

as one poster mentioned though - It's nice to be in frame for a change. :)

as another poster mentioned - I hate waiting for other people to get their's done...:fork: too much time wasted I could be on ride enjoying myself..

Let me ask something...do you get any of the online prints free? Or is it JUST the disc. I mean I know you can print them off yourself etc..but I was wondering if there was something I'm missing

just the disc

Upvote 0

gnuts0306

i guess im not pondering it too much, was just curious how they knew you bought the disc BEFORE your vacation and not AFTER.....we got the photo pass cd last year and LOVED it! We split the cost with my brother and his wife and just made a copy of the disc when we got home, so it was still "cheaper" for us!!

Upvote 0

Tink28

Used photopass on our last trip and for the first time had photos of Mum and I together, usually it is me taking photos of Mum and Mum taking photos of me, so lovely to have photos of the two of us together so will see if I can pre purchase the CD from the UK, and make full use of the photographers in the parks.
Also was very impressed with the photos I ordered previously, didn't get the CD last time, and I received them in the UK just 4 days after I ordered them!!

Upvote 0

WDW2010

To me its worth it for the simple reason that my girlfriend and I didn't pre-order the cd so we just used our photo passes to see what we would get in the end. Well, out of the very little amount we took since I knew it would be so expensive everyone is right, someone was blinking or off center etc. There was more good than bad though, we still had to pick and choose carefully online. Since we did not get the photo cd we spent 78.00 on about 7 pictures or whatever the low amount was. Yes call us crazy but we really wanted these few pictures.

Upvote 0

Korfar

Can't you put some of your ride photos on there as well? I think in the past when we get off some of the rides that have photos the CM standing there asks if we have a photopass and they scan it on there. That is another bonus of the program if they still do that. We are going to try it this year. We never have in the past.

Upvote 0

WDW2010

Can't you put some of your ride photos on there as well? I think in the past when we get off some of the rides that have photos the CM standing there asks if we have a photopass and they scan it on there. That is another bonus of the program if they still do that. We are going to try it this year. We never have in the past.

The only ride that comes to mind is Test Track

Upvote 0

britdaw

After exiting the safari at Animal Kingdom the photopass photographer posed us ( a family of 4 with 2 young girls) in some hysterical poses. He had us pushing a truck out of the mud, knocking on doors....it was a lot of fun. Over the 10 days we were there photographers superimposed Tinkerbell into our daughters hands, Simba in their arms and had them pretend to hold balloons and lift a leg off the ground. It looks like they are getting ready to fly away. All of them are wonderful.

This kind of thing makes it well worth it, for me. :) My kids would flip out in a good way if we got pictures like that of them. I'm glad I read this thread, 'cause I didn't know about pre-ordering the disc before now! :D

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

I had gone as a child but my first trip back to the world as an adult was in may of 2010 as a 25 year old. I had no idea of photopass since they didn't have it in 1998 (or at least I dont think they did)... I get there, am amazed at the program,then went home and almost passed out when I saw that Disney charges 14.99 for one pictures (double prints required 4x6!) That is such a rip off, period.

This time, March 2011... I prepaid and I got 275 pictures, about 80% of them passed my critical eye (I'm an avid photo guy)

Upvote 0

buseegal

not sure how i did it but i got a code for the 99.99 cd after we got home. signed up before but code came after we got home. i was surprised from what i had read.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom