Photo Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorjus

Gorjus, do you have a off the top of your head list where the photogs are in the MK, I would really like to use this service again in April.

Thank you for the compliment. Yes, I can tell you where they are at MK, Studios, and AK. I haven't worked at Epcot yet except in Character Connection.

Since you just asked for MK, I will give you that:

Entrance (1-4 people)
Town Square (2-4 people)
Main Street (lots)
Partners' Statue (2)
Outside Crystal Palace
Liberty Bridge
Fantasy Bridge
Tomorrowland Bridge
Rose Garden
Pirates of the Carib. Sign (sometimes)
Magic Photo just past Pirates of the Carib. entrance (look for photographer with sword in his/her hand)
Splash Mountain (sometimes)
Stockade in Liberty Square (sometimes)
ToonTown sign (sometimes)
Outside Mickey's & Minnie's house (sometimes)

And with nearly every character you could see at MK

phichi17

Thank you for the compliment. Yes, I can tell you where they are at MK, Studios, and AK. I haven't worked at Epcot yet except in Character Connection.

Entrance (1-4 people)
Town Square (2-4 people)
Main Street (lots)
Partners' Statue (2)
Outside Crystal Palace
Liberty Bridge
Fantasy Bridge
Tomorrowland Bridge
Rose Garden
Magic Photo just past Pirates of the Carib. entrance (look for photographer with sword in his/her hand)

Great, I'll load up the card in no time, lol.:)

Lhriangel

Entrance (1-4 people)
Town Square (2-4 people)
Main Street (lots)
Partners' Statue (2)
Outside Crystal Palace
Liberty Bridge
Fantasy Bridge
Tomorrowland Bridge
Rose Garden

Right before parade time there are also lots of photographers roaming the park. Feel free to grab one of them and get them to take your picture as well :).

Epcot should have photographers at the entrance, behind SSE, Mission Space, Character Connection, Living Seas, with most of the characters in the World Showcase as well as usually some photographers roaming the showcase to get your picture in front of some of the countries.

Studios should have most of the characters covered (except not all the power rangers), Hollywood Blvd, closer to the hat and ToT and Rockin'.

AK I at Boatlanding, Camp Minnie and Mickey and around the hat.

PhotoDave219

The program is a baby and it grew really fast, really quickly and has a lot more growing to do. They've stopped growing for now so they can concentrate on quality, so there should be less and less newbies taking photos as time goes by.

The program is in it's third year; it's hardly new. That excuse doesnt fly anymore.

The Mom

Premium Member
I appreciate your opinion on the program, it is unfortunate that talent like yours goes underpaid. I really enjoyed your photo updates. Not trying to be rude here but maybe you should do what your sig says and "take it", no one is going to "give it to you".

Over the years, I've noticed that whenever someone says "I don't mean to be rude' or "no offense" or "I hope you don't take this the wrong way" that they are going to say something rude, offensive, or something that can ONLY be taken one way. Just a gentle reminder.

Personally I have not had a big problem with Photopass. I have to admit that I loved the addition of being able to buy all my photos on the cd for out last trip. we plan on getting another photopass as soon as we get there so we can take more great shots. Every now and then we get a picture that I personally am not too wild about - but overall they have gotten some GREAT pics of my daughter with the characters. Those are the photographers we get very excited about. I always try to get a name and comment on them with guest relations or by sending a letter by way of a family member who is very busy at MK and MGM.

PhotoDave219

Dave,
You have a chip on your shoulder about photopass and I'm never going to convince you otherwise. However, to keep you from influencing in a negative way the average person in regards to photopass, I will respond.

No, we were having a polite conversation, however Its far beyond that. (And frankly, i'd love to see your portfolio.....)

Answer me this: Why is it that a large percentage of photopass photographers refuse to let other photopass photographers take their picture? I've seen it first hand, i've heard it from very reliable people and managers as well. If your service is so good, why do your own photographers refuse to even hand over their own cameras to your service?

And as for control your guests, yea, good luck with that one Dave.

.....Clearly you've never had to photograph high school athletes.

As for photopass, the concept is a great concept. Its just been poorly produced, heck it took them 2 years to roll out the DVD album that they had been touting since day one. (Ask around, its true)

Theyre in year three; they're entitled to some criticism if Guests don't feel that the quality they produce is worthy of the Disney brand or the money. What i'm saying is that the quality isnt there yet and under the current management scheme, it's not going to be there anytime soon. If this program has just started and was in it's infancy back in the old Feature Animation Building, you'd be justified in saying 'Give it time.' But it's been three years.

Overall, What i'm saying is the guests deserve better quality for the amount of money that the guests are paying for and the amount of money has been invested in the system. They deserve better.

Disneyfan2000

i wish they had Video pass where on certain rides like TOT or Splash they would install small video camera on the front of the ride Vechicle facing the riders so they can capture your exspressions the during that final moulment.
Ex. Splash Mt drop , TOT falling. I know that every trip we go i always try to turn the camera facing us when going down splash but never works:shrug: lol oh well

sjc03

photopass

So photodave, you seem to know an awful lot about the photopass department. did you use to work for them? do you work for disney? how do you know if their managers are all from merchandise and that some photographers don't want to use photopass? just curious...

AEfx

What is the status of the on-ride photos? It was reported last summer that they were beginning to add them over the next year. Supposedly Test Track was first up.

If and when Ride-Photos are included, yeah, the Photo Pass CD is an even better deal. We've done it once previously (when it was $99) and were very satisified because we took full advantage of it. I believe we had over 300 photos. Not all of them were great, but we had more than enough great ones to fill every scrapbook, slide show, and photobook we wanted from our choice of printers once we got home. In fact, it was months before we got to emptying our own personal cameras.

It's funny, because before I never considered buying the individual ones (they are just ridiculously priced) the CD seems a great value to me because you own the photographs and can do what you wish with them. Again, though, the time we used it we made sure we had them take lots of pics - why not, since it's essentially AYCE (and no calories to worry about LOL).

Now that it's $125, we'll only be doing it on the next family trip if there are at least some on-ride photos available. Those would be worth it for us, but we don't feel the need to take massive amounts of pictures of the same things every single time, so we probably wouldn't use it enough otherwise. Heck, even if just TT and say ToT were available as CD pics that would probably be enough for us - we are suckers for those pics.

Like anything at Disney, it's just personal choice depending on your habits and needs. It is a big expense, but I think the best thing about it is that you don't even have to buy it until you get home (and it seems with the new system as described above where you can edit at home and save both versions it's even preferable).

I could see criticizing Disney over Photopass if you had to pre-pay before your vacation for an unknown quantity and/or quality of photo, but Disney gives you every opportunity to review them both on-site and at home before you make your purchase. I don't see how they could be any more accommodating about it. They show you exactly what you are getting before you pay, and it's up to you to decide if it's worth purchasing or not. If you don't take full advantage or simply don't review carefully enough, it's really hard to blame Disney for it.

AEfx

The Mom

Premium Member
I believe the OP has more than enough information to make a decision. :lol: Since all of his.her questions have been answered (and a few that weren't even asked) it's time to call it a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom