Phone wait times

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Guess we see things differently. I dont see spending time on a discussion board as being a waste of my time. I get updated info from those who are in or recently been in the parks. I keep up with the recent changes and how things are being handled. I get questions answered when I dont know where to turn. This helps me plan an upcoming trip and prepare me better. I can also contribute to discussions and help someone else who asks for help when I can. So time here is entertaining and educating. Far from being a waste.
Thats entirely different from holding a phone and sitting impatiently waiting for someone to answer a call, watching the minutes add up...waiting endlessly for someone, anyone to pick up, if and when they do, not getting the answer I want. Meanwhile its a continuous loop of Disney music which gets old after hearing it play over and over.
So yes, for me I'd rather do anything other than sit waiting for an unanswered call to be taken.
I’m just messing with you…a lot of people say that…hell - I probably have too.

its one of our “first world problems” 😎

RememberWhen

I thought all ticket sales of any kind from Disney were non-refundable.
They are. But I was advised by several people that we could get a refund if we asked nicely. I asked nicely and they refunded. I was told it’s a one-time courtesy, for which I expressed gratitude. All the CMs I talked to were lovely, kind and helpful. We had a big trip planned. We all have tickets. And we had to cancel for covid reasons. They were understanding.

JohnD

What's the longest you've waited on hold for WDW? I'm currently going on 30 minutes to make a change that can only be done over the phone and I'm losing patience fast.

Believe or not, I actually want to CANCEL a 10/1 Steakhouse 71 dinner reservation (I can't cancel it on MDE for some reason). I know someone else would greatly appreciate getting it but I'm not waiting 45 to 90 minutes. I'll keep calling until the recording tells me the wait is down to a reasonable time.

Ayla

Original Poster
Believe or not, I actually want to CANCEL a 10/1 Steakhouse 71 dinner reservation (I can't cancel it on MDE for some reason). I know someone else would greatly appreciate getting it but I'm not waiting 45 to 90 minutes. I'll keep calling until the recording tells me the wait is down to a reasonable time.
Ugh, that's terrible. It should be allowed to be canceled online and I totally understand why you aren't wasting that much time on the phone to cancel something you should be able to do online.

Have you tried the chat feature? That has worked for me in the past.

JohnD

Ugh, that's terrible. It should be allowed to be canceled online and I totally understand why you aren't wasting that much time on the phone to cancel something you should be able to do online.

Have you tried the chat feature? That has worked for me in the past.

Haven't tried yet but I could.

JohnD

Just got your MDE and hit cancel?

Not this ADR. I was able to make it slightly before 6am so I must have hit an MDE sweet spot making impossible to cancel online. I have to call. As I type this, MDE is down so maybe they’re addressing issues similar to mine.

muddyrivers

I haven't been on the phone for WDW in awhile but had to call Disneyland to cancel my Grand Californian hotel reservation. How come in 2021 I have to call and have an agent cancel my hotel reservation when most other hotel chains I can cancel my reservation from my account online?

And I do like the music... until it loops and starts again and you are holding long enough to know the order in which the music will play. My It's a Small World PTSD starts to kick in, time to go to a support group! 🤪

DfromATX

I’ve waited that long and at times longer. I just put the phone on speaker, and go about doing things within hearing range. Yep it’s frustrating at times. I’m fairly confident it’s a staffing issue. It’s a problem in most parts of the country.

That's what I was told when I asked - staffing issue - and then she added also because they were a popular place lol.

DfromATX

The longest were 75 minutes and 90 minutes (the latter after calling in and already waiting over an hour before being disconnected, grrr!) -- and I never got an answer either time, as I had to hang up to go do my job, something the people at Disney who hire and schedule telephone service staff apparently wouldn't know anything about.

One time I thought I'd call while I was supposed to be working. I was on the phone for an hour! I felt really guilty, but I kept thinking any second they'll answer and since I had already waited, I didn't want to hang up. I don't normally do that sort of thing, but I had to straighten out something. They are also working from home and when I asked why it took so long, she told me it was a staff shortage and that they were a popular vacation destination.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

So, regarding phone lines?
"There is no spoon".

😅 😅 😅 😅

Attachments

• matrix-there-is-no-spoon.gif
    matrix-there-is-no-spoon.gif
    3.3 MB · Views: 32

Wilbret

What I don't get about the phone wait times is this is the easiest thing to staff up. These people don't even have to work in an office. I have let the phone just go for well over an hour trying get in touch with a human. It's frustrating when your issue is "urgent" as in related to a reservation that day.

wajo

After above post 5 hour wait -today agent told me less than half hour for internet desk help
now 2 hours. Why are we constantly told an amount of time that if it was
under half hour workable and you wait- wait- wait-
Had 2 phones going now over 2 hours. HUNG UP Ridiculous lately, everything related
to DIsney - Genie- pay for Lightning Lane- have to pre select parks- wait times for any help
Aggravating, too much expense now- to many restrictions. This is not enjoyable anymore.
After 25+ years time to find alternate vacations.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Truthfully - when a company actually WANTS your money, they will find a way to insure that you can GIVE them your money.
The only logical conclusion? WDW does not want your money.

Moka

I think the longest I've waited was about 20-25 minutes, but this was around early 2019 I would say.

RoadiJeff

I just went through this yesterday when I called with a question about Test Track at Epcot. The initial wait time said it would be 11 minutes, which was about right. After I asked my question, the cast member said she would have to contact someone else and for me to please hold. I looked at the time and after 30 minutes I hung up, thinking she had forgotten about me.

I called right back and this time I used the "Press 1 to leave a callback number", saying the current wait time was 29 minutes. After about 20 minutes someone called me back. After I asked my question again (different person this time) she said she would have to research the information and to please hold. This was around noon and I was determined to stay on the line this time if I had to wait until dinner. 40 minutes later she returned with the information I needed. I do not blame the people who work the phones at the call center for the long delays since I'm sure they are doing all they can with the staffing problems.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom